Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Proceeding when unsafe to do so. She was travelling down a highway. Who the hell backs onto a highway?? And into oncoming traffic?

It probly came down to that "It happened in front of you. You should have stopped." from the LEO. A CHP friend of mine shared that with me long ago.

A few photos from the America on Wheels museum in Allentown.

Unrestored original paint etc.
wycCPCQVC9tGtQ70aDGEzgKEkqVe-A2GfXoAo9cYCMFUrX3BnmiJ7wZvCd_78F1T523dRGpMUCv6VBs8fs=w1286-h964-no.jpg

Same here. I thought Dave @Ddaddy would like this for his photo references.
PObUjsm3jhKPyD0sGh3t175LfWZ1icofNpqkVLzfNHe2-HNHdKu-DHTfa3tqRFDs7oMbnECCxwsAaG_T6ik=w723-h964-no.jpg

Was kept indoors, although the explanation was too brief about why.

Early trailer for picnics in the country!
dN9k3uEflXCIb03iHsIm_SEIIMNh5ie-3IHd1sSaIAFi56S-dzA6qqBdV60Vgd9172jDKUdZZ272jOiaSs=w1286-h964-no.jpg

Last edited:
1942 Crosley Liberty Sedan
not many made obviously
If I read it right, 45 mpg.
SYvw4j6qLDvgjLZhFDC9dPUHzw53gHPcNVj8L7yqaKrlTjP9UDQLxZ_SdGnzi8TNIdhVxI8yQMpz6yu7kQ=w1286-h964-no.jpg

Recreated shop dedicated to a guy, in fact I think his name was Guy, who led the restoration of an electric car made in Philadelphia.
82j6Bjvv15mb1Bb24-UCBf7Ca3t_g_aV4gVJ_LTAVHlXks9NfwtKAyqzrF3_8uDYR9J90-Jxw5CgB4YJxk=w1286-h964-no.jpg

Sorry I didn't get a picture of the car - made by Salom and Morris who hoped to have an electric taxi service in cities.
A bunch of photos of that restored Electrobatt IV are here:
1895 Electrobat IV Electric Buggy
article about the Salom & Morris brief success The Electric Taxi Company You Could Have Called in 1900

Here's a car I do remember seeing - well advertised anyway. I don't know if I every saw one in real life.
HMcOkuVDq3p3yuzJDVeMarnHxguIEVaS5OMEClBXQnimkauKa_YfVUPtskOgAq2H0cobIFErFwguLOVYhk=w1286-h964-no.jpg

Last edited:
1942 Crosley Liberty Sedan
not many made obviously
If I read it right, 45 mpg.
View attachment 1715438364

Recreated shop dedicated to a guy, in fact I think his name was Guy, who led the restoration of an electric car made in Philadelphia.
View attachment 1715438365
Sorry I didn't get a picture of the car - made by Salom and Platt who hoped to have an electric taxi service in cities.
A bunch of photos of that restored Electrobatt IV are here:
1895 Electrobat IV Electric Buggy
article about the Salom & Platt The Electric Taxi Company You Could Have Called in 1900

Here's a car I do remember seeing - well advertised anyway. I don't know if I every saw one in real life.
View attachment 1715438366

I had a Crosley dune buggy when I was a kid. Tiny OHC 4. It had factory disc brakes all the way around :eek:. Never did get it running, the mini bike kept me too busy to spend any real time with it.

View attachment 1715438366

Vanguard Citicar. One of the kids back when I was in High school had one that his family owned and he used it to commute to school every day about 3 miles each way. (we didn’t have bus service in High School).

It was a yellow one like this. I always wanted to stencil “School Pod” on the side of it.

87FFB60F-E5EC-46A2-9640-064BF9749EA7.jpeg

Hey MeMike......How goes it on the hill ?
it's going, looking at pulling the toilet and laying some tile and remodeling bathroom :( , need a project in the house this winter, ordered an 84 dodge car master cylinder and plugs yesterday for Victoria.
Life is good my friend :thumbsup:

Morning. Guess today i will get truck ready to plow snow. Need a little clean up around here.

For every fog day we have its said that's how much snow days for us here in Arkansas, 6 very bad foggy days so far, heavy snow to the north yesterday in Missouri. Nothing here yet this year @Tooljunkie

Yes, when you wake up and can't see 20 feet in front of you, it's from cold air hitting warm areas. Foggy ! What is it you don't understand?
I was thinking you meant Fog Days like in Snow days for schools where they close school for Fog. Was gonna say that was nutty. My daughter's school canceled... over 3 inches of snow, thats now melting because its already 35.

I count each foggy morning or evening, every late fall and winter, it seems to be very accurate on how many heavy snow days we will have here, some years we don't get snow

-
Back