Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I will turn them on when I want them on, however, I am reasonable. I have considered a lower wattage and we do have a plan for trees in the spring, could throw in a couple near the road as a "front door". May place those trees to solve both problems, I know the neighbor across the street, served with him in the Navy 80's.
I will also leave my porch light on all night...and the one on the garage. If I hear something in the middle of the night I want to see what I'm aiming at...lol

Not giving my address cause Google Maps doesn't have it right, but if you want to see what I'm talking about, do Google Maps Terrain on 1570 Deer Ridge Rd, Oak Harbor WA. You will only see my borrowed car hauler (Duster inside) and my landscape trailer : ) Take a look at the property shape, it's more than 1000 feet from the road to the lake.

I will also leave my porch light on all night...and the one on the garage. If I hear something in the middle of the night I want to see what I'm aiming at...lol

That's a good point, neighbor was talking about "being scared". I leave them on sometimes for deterrent, we both have nightstand buddies and are not afraid to use them lol! Neighbors have already told me of crack heads looking at mailboxes out here (that's why I'm getting a good mailbox). Might have to shoot one of those jack asses one day, and yes light them up!

I live in town so we are all in fairly close proximity to each other....I know he knows this came from me and.......I dont give a F$#@!!!! I dont like picking up my dogs ****...I sure dont want to pick up your dogs ****...I told him when he got that stupid dog that if it crapped in my yard I would kill it...

That's a good point, neighbor was talking about "being scared". I leave them on sometimes for deterrent, we both have nightstand buddies and are not afraid to use them lol! Neighbors have already told me of crack heads looking at mailboxes out here (that's why I'm getting a good mailbox). Might have to shoot one of those jack asses one day, and yes light them up!
We have had yard decor taken from the front yard before. When the kids were small I would decorate the crap out of the yard for Christmas...one year we walked outside Christmas morning and all 5 of the blow ups I put out were running but deflated...some *** clown walked by and slit every one of them...I WAS....I AM STILL PISSED ABOUT THAT!!!! Thank God the wife's grandma used to make quilts and she sewed them right up...Also had some dipshit put a hole in my pool liner with a broad head arrow. I didnt find the arrow but, that perfect X pattern perfectly placed in the lower corner of the liner so all the water would drain out was a dead give away...

I live in town so we are all in fairly close proximity to each other....I know he knows this came from me and.......I dont give a F$#@!!!! I dont like picking up my dogs ****...I sure dont want to pick up your dogs ****...I told him when he got that stupid dog that if it crapped in my yard I would kill it...
Do what my Dad did, collect the dog poop for a month and mail to them with a note. “I seems you have left these things on my property so I am returning them to you.”

Then he noted “next time you leave them, I will have the police deliver them back to you with a reminder of the local ordinance”.

Do what my Dad did, collect the dog poop for a month and mail to them with a note. “I seems you have left these things on my property so I am returning them to you.”

Then he noted “next time you leave them, I will have the police deliver them back to you with a reminder of the local ordinance”.

I'm more of a vigilante justice kind of guy...lol
You WILL respect my property or belongings and I will be the one to teach you that since either your parents didnt or, you have forgotten it's the right thing to do!!

Funny that you mention ordinances. The neighbor with the dogs had a legitimate complaint when I lit a fire during a modified burn ban. My fire was in a pit (4 foot), and the ban allowed 3 foot diameter fires. I however did not have water yet on the property so I get it. Well, since then this neighbor has built 4 commercial grade greenhouses, he has 20 acres. We are zone rural residential. He also, besides his dogs, is telling me he wants to build his shop closer to the fence than the HOA allows (he's grandfathered in with his house at 15 feet, but the rules are 30). He saw them spraying the lines for my shop, was at 15 feet (builder thought it was 5 feet per county guidelines- didn't look at the HOA agreement I sent him). Anyway, he asked for landscaping if I was going to build that close to the fence and HE was going to put his new shop in line with his house. We moved our shop our to 30 feet, and it had to shift towards the road for garage driveway/shop driveway conflict, now we look at his back deck when we come out of our garage door which is our usual entrance. Be careful what you ask for.

Funny that you mention ordinances. The neighbor with the dogs had a legitimate complaint when I lit a fire during a modified burn ban. My fire was in a pit (4 foot), and the ban allowed 3 foot diameter fires. I however did not have water yet on the property so I get it. Well, since then this neighbor has built 4 commercial grade greenhouses, he has 20 acres. We are zone rural residential. He also, besides his dogs, is telling me he wants to build his shop closer to the fence than the HOA allows (he's grandfathered in with his house at 15 feet, but the rules are 30). He saw them spraying the lines for my shop, was at 15 feet (builder thought it was 5 feet per county guidelines- didn't look at the HOA agreement I sent him). Anyway, he asked for landscaping if I was going to build that close to the fence and HE was going to put his new shop in line with his house. We moved our shop our to 30 feet, and it had to shift towards the road for garage driveway/shop driveway conflict, now we look at his back deck when we come out of our garage door which is our usual entrance. Be careful what you ask for.
What pisses me off about my neighbor is that I actually get a long with him even though he is a complete waste of a "man"...cant change oil, cant do brake job...cant work or fix anything...I mean nothing!!! I work on his cars, mower or whatever from time to time and I charge him...not much but I do...I definitely don't need his money but if I'm gonna take time to do this for him I'm gonna charge him. I have treated him fair so dont disrespect my stuff...

I have issues with my neighbors dog crapping in my yard...I told him to not let his dog **** in my yard or he will have a mess to clean up.....so I decorated his garage with his dogs crap....I have a dog and would never let him crap is somebody's yard....if he did I would clean it up....I didnt tell him where the mess he would have to clean would be...lol....I hope I have made myself clear!!!

View attachment 1715468821

Flaming fudge bag....

I like your approach. I just built and I have neighbors who are doing everything from that to other things. The neighbor who's dog is crapping in my yard (actually 2 big dogs) is a little complicated because I have trees that are knocking the fence out. I have been working ($$$) to remedy that, but there's still areas they could patch. Their dogs do a daily roam and I find some big piles from time to time (we have 2 pugs). I considered a sling device, maybe just get it into their yard, maybe aim for their deck, whattaya think?

Again, flaming fudge bag...

For the growth of a previously controlled substance? Wait until that lovely aroma drifts by.

He's trying veggies, works in a mill. Wears a shirt that says "All I care about it chainsaws". I liked that shirt but have liked him less and less, every time we talk he's bitching at the fence.

Another good one is last night the neighbor who lives across the street door knocked me complaining about my porch lights. Our property is 5 acres and it's easily 450 feet to the road, and his bedroom window is another 100 feet back. He's asking me to plant trees, says I must be leaving my lights on because we moved from the city (Oak Harbor- if you've seen that that is a joke). Anyway, I have my reasons, mostly wife gets off work at 9, home by 10. Whatyya think?

Plant some trees to help block the light...

Suggest the neighbor put some blinds in his window to help block the light..

Put motion sensors on the outdoor lights so they only turn on when she gets home and is walking from the car... It will also help spook anybody trespassing at night when they trigger the lights...

Get a bigger lot...

Here's another one from the neighbor on the other side. Excavator during the build meets me as I get off of work and hands me a box of doughnuts. He says "these have your name written all over it".
Later I find out my neighbor asked the excavator who had a big machine on the property to remove a rotten stump that was on MY PROPERTY. He said he hated it, he is cool but damn. We (my neighbor) had spoke about her having some of my rocks too, the area was specified. She took some boulders, also tasked my excavator to drop them into her tractor as they were too large. Whattya think, restraining order???

Tell the excavator to ask you before honoring the neighbor's suggestions...

If he doesn't tell him you're not gonna pay for the time that he's doing work/favors for the neighbors...

Plant some trees to help block the light...

Suggest the neighbor put some blinds in his window to help block the light..

Put motion sensors on the outdoor lights so they only turn on when she gets home and is walking from the car... It will also help spook anybody trespassing at night when they trigger the lights...

Get a bigger lot...

Agree with trees (even tho he's cut all HIS down) and knocked out the power in the process. Don't know if he has blackout shades but he needs them if my little 60 watt opaque glass is "beaming" into his bedroom at over 600 feet lol!

I have issues with my neighbors dog crapping in my yard...I told him to not let his dog **** in my yard or he will have a mess to clean up.....so I decorated his garage with his dogs crap....I have a dog and would never let him crap is somebody's yard....if he did I would clean it up....I didnt tell him where the mess he would have to clean would be...lol....I hope I have made myself clear!!!

View attachment 1715468821

On the porch outside the front door will also send a message...

I will turn them on when I want them on, however, I am reasonable. I have considered a lower wattage and we do have a plan for trees in the spring, could throw in a couple near the road as a "front door". May place those trees to solve both problems, I know the neighbor across the street, served with him in the Navy 80's.

Maybe he will be willing to pay half for putting up some trees to block the light....

I just picked it up using a Walmart sack for a glove and threw a fastball at the side of his garage....next time it will be over the fence on to his pool cover....

Coincidentally, the Cubs and Sox start practice tomorrow...

It's so funny, this neighbor that was complaining to me about my porch light, he mentioned that his neighbor built a shop with a mother in law apartment above. I've seen it, looks nice, matches the house. The thing is, it wasn't there before, so people were "not used to seeing that". Hilarious!!! Who's fing property did he build it on????

We have had yard decor taken from the front yard before. When the kids were small I would decorate the crap out of the yard for Christmas...one year we walked outside Christmas morning and all 5 of the blow ups I put out were running but deflated...some *** clown walked by and slit every one of them...I WAS....I AM STILL PISSED ABOUT THAT!!!! Thank God the wife's grandma used to make quilts and she sewed them right up...Also had some dipshit put a hole in my pool liner with a broad head arrow. I didnt find the arrow but, that perfect X pattern perfectly placed in the lower corner of the liner so all the water would drain out was a dead give away...

Get some security cameras...

A guy that I used to work with was getting frustrated that the extension cords for his Christmas lights kept getting cut...

After a week of this, he put up security cameras...

It turned out that squirrels were chewing through the cords...

He originally thought it was a neighbor, but the security camera revealed the truth....

Last edited:
-
Back