Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We had some bad times tonight. Went to a upscale restaurant for a bite. Stood around for 18 min. and no one came to the desk to greet us. We turned around and left. We cruised to a neighborhood bar known for good food. Got a beer, wife a drink. Server asked if we wanted a menu. Waited at least 20 min and he came back with a menu. Same guy comes back and asks me if I want another beer. Doesn't ask if we wanted to order. Some other guy comes back in 10 min and asks for our order. "No thanks, check please" wtf!
Sounds like a red light kind of day. Sorry to hear, hopefully you will hit every green light tomorrow and breeze through.

Sounds like a red light kind of day. Sorry to hear, hopefully you will hit every green light tomorrow and breeze through.
laugh2-gif.gif

Rani - you can't say that way.
laugh2-gif.gif

At least not here.
People will think they spent the evening checking out brothels.
laugh2-gif.gif

Better to say its like one of those days where you hit every red light driving home.
That would be clearer - although in this crowd can't promise it wouldn't somehow be turned into a joke about red light districts...
laugh2-gif.gif

Red light was an traditional sign of brothel. So it became slang and perhaps a useful slang when little ones were around

I think, dream and live with traffic signals.

Now that I'm fixing up my house, I actually thought of putting novelty traffic lights in the hallways, and putting tile to look like street markers.

Be a different type of bachelorette house but I don't care.

I'm trying to remember where i used to see a real traffic light as part of the interior decor. It was pretty cool in that setting - whatever it was.

Long evolution. The right hand (or left hand) side of the road part goes back at least to the early 18th century. But when the modern era became standardized and refined (or vica versa) and who was responsible I dont know. probably between 1890s and 1920s

Night all.

Hello. Fell asleep for a couple hours. Awake and surfing.

Young couple had a house fire last night. they were next door,and buddy saw the fire through the front window. The owner and his buddy managed to knock fire down before house was destroyed.
a plastic tote a few feet away from the wood stove ignited.
Its been there for years.
Nobody was hurt but everything in house was smoke damaged.
Friends are helping them out,so they will manage fine with the little one.

Young couple had a house fire last night. they were next door,and buddy saw the fire through the front window. The owner and his buddy managed to knock fire down before house was destroyed.
a plastic tote a few feet away from the wood stove ignited.
Its been there for years.
Nobody was hurt but everything in house was smoke damaged.
Friends are helping them out,so they will manage fine with the little one.
Sucks that it happened good nobody was hurt.

I had a fire at work a week ago. Was resurfacing a rubber print roller on the grinder. It was damaged so was cutting it down way more than normal. It automatically hits a return at each pass, so I was away from it when it started. Knocked flames out with one shot of dry chem. Started to walk away and realized the exhaust fan was on fire above it, Hit that with a shot and it went out. Got out of the room. Ended up having to take the exhaust duct down cause it was full of smoldering rubber accumulation. Shop still stinks a little...

-
Back