Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Makes perfect sense. Wait. This is the tip of the iceberg. Once the world gets a handle on the virus then the recovery can begin. Will take a long time to get caught up with all the goods.
Yeah, I was told today, 4-8 weeks for a tie rod end for my Jeep.

A couple more images from my continual rework file. Did some work on them today.

Almost ready for large format printing and framing...

View attachment 1715473317

View attachment 1715473318
Awsome Dave.
Makes me want to go sailing.
Hell of commitment though - especially to get on something with some square rigged sails.
Knew someone who had been on the replica of the HMS Rose before it had an engine installed. (Coast Guard really doesn't like sailing ships without any other power LOL).

Whaaaaaaaa

Whuut.jpg

Awsome Dave.
Makes me want to go sailing.
Hell of commitment though - especially to get on something with some square rigged sails.
Knew someone who had been on the replica of the HMS Rose before it had an engine installed. (Coast Guard really doesn't like sailing ships without any other power LOL).
I got hooked on sailing when I was 12 years old and taught myself to sail a Sunfish. I was at Boy Scout camp in Resica Falls PA and while they had several Sunfish sail boats moored at the lake, there were no instructors to teach how to use them

So I took one out everyday for a week until I learned how to sail it.

When I was 23, a friend’s parents asked me to motor their 30’ sailboat back up from Annapolis to Turkey Point on the Chesapeake Bay where it was berthed while they headed down to Florida.

45 minutes into the 9 hour trip back, I killed the motor and deployed the sails. I then ran the entire distance back under full sail with one rail in the water most of the time by myself.

It was an absolutely thrilling experience to sail alone, ripping along with the wind at my back and the 30’ boat obeying my commands while holding at the edge of spilling the sails to maintain maximum speed.

I got back in under 7 hours...and never forgot the experience.

I got hooked on sailing when I was 12 years old and taught myself to sail a Sunfish. I was at Boy Scout camp in Resica Falls PA and while they had several Sunfish sail boats moored at the lake, there were no instructors to teach how to use them

So I took one out everyday for a week until I learned how to sail it.

When I was 23, a friend’s parents asked me to motor their 30’ sailboat back up from Annapolis to Turkey Point on the Chesapeake Bay where it was berthed while they headed down to Florida.

45 minutes into the 9 hour trip back, I killed the motor and deployed the sails. I then ran the entire distance back under full sail with one rail in the water most of the time by myself.

It was an absolutely thrilling experience to sail alone, ripping along with the wind at my back and the 30’ boat obeying my commands while holding at the edge of spilling the sails to maintain maximum speed.

I got back in under 7 hours...and never forgot the experience.
That's very cool.
When I was a kid at a summer camp that's what I did. And like you about the instruction I had was from reading a book. That's something I'd do again if opportunity arose.

I was in a sailboat once as a kid. Maybe 7 or 8 years old. Dont remember much of it. It was more or less “sit there”. That was it. like the idea of wind pushing a boat along peacefully.

Check that the blend door is not stuck... It changes from heat to A/C...

Yup, that's what it was. Had a stereo cable that managed to get into the linkage between heater control and vacuum diaphragm, rerouted, problem solved. I felt pretty good about things once both heater core hoses warmed up to same temp and a good squeeze on the upper radiator hose let me know the water pump was working correctly.

Well I'm sure going slow on the lift build but I did get the cross arms mounted. I will have to tip the uprights over again to insert the ladders, funny the manual instructs you to assemble both the cross members and the ladders with the posts standing up, much easier and SAFER to do it on the ground!

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

Well I'm sure going slow on the lift build but I did get the cross arms mounted. I will have to tip the uprights over again to insert the ladders, funny the manual instructs you to assemble both the cross members and the ladders with the posts standing up, much easier and SAFER to do it on the ground!

View attachment 1715473424

View attachment 1715473425

View attachment 1715473428

View attachment 1715473435

View attachment 1715473436

View attachment 1715473437
LOL you need @dartnabout there!

Not as cold this morning,temp will rise 15 degrees through the day.
Customers are calling, wanting work. Dont seem to understand im a little busy.

-
Back