Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
afternoon mr. Mattax ….
Evening here now.
Just got back from the garage.
Finally started the instrument panel removal.
upload_2020-2-23_18-13-21.png

I thinks it ready for the next stage, but I didn't want to roll it forward and find I missed a screw on the heater controls or something.
Apparently I stopped taking pictures after I pulled the radio knobs. LOL

Evening here now.
Just got back from the garage.
Finally started the instrument panel removal.
View attachment 1715475934

I thinks it ready for the next stage, but I didn't want to roll it forward and find I missed a screw on the heater controls or something.
Apparently I stopped taking pictures after I pulled the radio knobs. LOL
Beautiful dash, my favorite style of dash ever.
I am going to swap a 67 Barracuda dash into my 71 scamp with the 120 Speedo and Vacuum gauge just because I cant get enough of that style of dash

I think I posted this earlier I found out today that the strip owners wife captured the strip photo from the tower the evening of The Night of Fire. Believe it or not, she is facing north. LOL

BeFunky Collage.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful dash, my favorite style of dash ever.
I am going to swap a 67 Barracuda dash into my 71 scamp with the 120 Speedo and Vacuum gauge just because I cant get enough of that style of dash
That will be a project! All the pieces ought to be close, but probably lots of details that will need to be puzzled out.

I do agree. I think 68 is almost the same and '69 changes the numbers and radio dial.

This one started flaking its aluminim paint not long after after I bought it.
But the real incentive to remove it is the speedometer sometimes gets noisy.
Want that out before it breaks. So it and everything related are now on the front burner.

That will be a project! All the pieces ought to be close, but probably lots of details that will need to be puzzled out.

I do agree. I think 68 is almost the same and '69 changes the numbers and radio dial.

This one started flaking its aluminim paint not long after after I bought it.
But the real incentive to remove it is the speedometer sometimes gets noisy.
Want that out before it breaks. So it and everything related are now on the front burner.
I have a 67 parts car left in the yard. The 68 and 9 parts barracudas are skeletons. The 67 still has the complete dash. It's a black on black 67 fastback. The whole rear end is smashed and it's been in the same spot longer than I have been alive.

That's only reason I am going with a 67 dash because it's available.

I think I posted this earlier I found out today that the strip owners wife csaptured the strip photo from the tower the evening of The Night of Fire. Believe it or not, she is facing north. LOL

View attachment 1715475938
That's real nice Mike. Great photo. Something really appealing about the twilight and evening shots.
Also, I really prefer drag strip with greenery around it. Atco and Englishtown are (were) just islands of pavement. Island is a little better and Maple Grove is pretty nicely nestled in the hills. I'm sure it can be hot during the day but its still a nice setting.

I spent the afternoon working up a design scheme for Fred’s son’s plane that he is prepping for paint. He wanted red, black and gray. Asked if I had any ideas and I came up with this. I think he likes it!

C2478434-CE5D-4D8E-AA5C-20E886A1F61E.jpeg

This was from From Fred’s first ride in it last Summer and then back in early January when they took the wings off and brought it inside for paint...

39263CFE-1046-4218-9184-6B999EA8BD7B.jpeg

B5EE3DA1-B25E-405D-A26D-503D60FFCE54.jpeg

So, you'd think letting air freely flow through a moving object would cancel or reduce the effects of the friction made from air molecules.

So that being said, you'd think they would try a hollow car that is hollow as much as possible around the passenger compartment and let the air flow through it rather than over it to improve braking distance and improve aerodynamics.

-
Back