Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Slop appears on the pushing side. That is why an engine will run with that much play in it. Till it slips a tooth or two...

Slop appears on the pushing side. That is why an engine will run with that much play in it. Till it slips a tooth or two...

And then..if the chain breaks and you have an overhead cam.....Bang goes the piston into valves, valve job time. Ask me how I now lol!

Good set, cheap set, either is better than what you got!
Steel gears make the difference.

chain in Fargo is really worn. Still got 1/2” before it starts slapping cover.
Had a chebby that wore through the timing cover, made a nasty oil leak.

Friend buys a '71 Hemi Challenger 4 spd car. Late 70s for pocket change. Ran pretty well, but it was trailing a little blue smoke. Out comes the hemi and off it goes to Kieth Black to do the bottom end. We get it back, shove it in the car, install the cam and timing set, timing marks lined up just right. We put the heads on and the valve gear and go to set the valve lash. Get #1 and it's mate set, ratchet, ratchet, CLUNK. :wtf: was that? We started looking down lifter bores and checking to see where pistons were. Something is f@#$ed up. Mike calls KB and tells the story. "Didn't we tell you? The keyway on the crank was boogered up so we cut a new one 180 out and filled the old one. Use a degree wheel to put the cam in." :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Friend buys a '71 Hemi Challenger 4 spd car. Late 70s for pocket change. Ran pretty well, but it was trailing a little blue smoke. Out comes the hemi and off it goes to Kieth Black to do the bottom end. We get it back, shove it in the car, install the cam and timing set, timing marks lined up just right. We put the heads on and the valve gear and go to set the valve lash. Get #1 and it's mate set, ratchet, ratchet, CLUNK. :wtf: was that? We started looking down lifter bores and checking to see where pistons were. Something is f@#$ed up. Mike calls KB and tells the story. "Didn't we tell you? The keyway on the crank was boogered up so we cut a new one 180 out and filled the old one. Use a degree wheel to put the cam in." :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Sum *****!!

That's good information at a bad time!

So feeling better today so this evening I went out and finished putting the tranny back in...all done but it's raining and muddy out so I didnt drive it...

Morning!
Oddly, i have been sleeping better for some reason. My money is on not leaving tv on.

fb_img_1585250049717-jpg.363553

Looking at google earth shot of my empire of junk, trying to figure out when it was taken.
Was right in the middle of my dump trailer project. Was on a weekend, as wife’s car was in driveway. Reminds me, almost time to get mowers into running order..
04A02BCC-E183-42E9-9828-70A89D610BA0.png

I am in the doghouse here. Daughter came over yesterday, she has been hanging out with friends partying lately for the background. I would not let her in the house. The wife does not get it. Hell there are three of us here I have to worry about!

I am in the doghouse here. Daughter came over yesterday, she has been hanging out with friends partying lately for the background. I would not let her in the house. The wife does not get it. Hell there are three of us here I have to worry about!
i get it. people just arent getting it. Then i get chewed out by my wife for going to 3 stores to find her laundry detergent that she asked for. she doesn't understand the stores are bare as hell here

I just hit day 6 here and want to hit at least 12. Sparky she really does not get it, no one in here no one. Went to the drive in bank yesterday with her to put a check in. Ok gloves on to get the tube thing, Ok good. She had to sign a withdrawal slip ok gloves off, grabs the pen out of the carrier, signs it and sends it back:BangHead:. Told her what she did. She actually got that!

Told here I was ready to put Tabasco on her hands like I did with my guys for chem warfare training. Doubt you can get away with that now.

Good morning guys. Nice day here. Had planned a drive to my cousin's yesterday but a text hung out in space somehow, anyway I drive out there today and we'll just chat in the front yard for a bit. He's diabetic and they are a little older, etc. They like the eggs I get from my friend's farm. How do you think we can get people to understand? Some people here are freaking out the opposite way too, talking about Sodom and Gomorrah and ranting about the cars they see here with New York license plates.

-
Back