Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Getting a few more things sorted out in shop,one 3 drawer filing cabinet i want to empty and move out.
Its slow going, as i keep getting distracted.

All Caught up. Morning to all my friends. Going to senior hour at the Costco, we need TP! Old farts get in early for an hour.....I will take advantage of it......

All Caught up. Morning to all my friends. Going to senior hour at the Costco, we need TP! Old farts get in early for an hour.....I will take advantage of it......
if you can't find it, let me know. Wife is making a trip

Hope it ain't rainin'. You may be waiting outside in line for a while. Limit 50 shoppers at a time. Oh, they stopped the buffets/samples too :lol:

Clear and cold this morning 39°. About 4 hours and the next rain event will arrive theoretically, I don't see any sign of such on the radar. That little A100 on the last page woke me out of a sound sleep this morning. :lol:

Most expensive thing in store

20200407_080829_HDR.jpg

when I exert myself, I get winded easily... Moved a desk to my son's room and I was panting for air... I hope this isn't one of the signs I may have the virus.... :BangHead:

Thanks. same guy did the same thing in another thread last nite, but it all got cleaned up in a half hour or so. I thought maybe he self regulated. Guess not. Some folks get so worked up they can't see that their 'contribution' doesn't fit.

when I exert myself, I get winded easily... Moved a desk to my son's room and I was panting for air... I hope this isn't one of the signs I may have the virus.... :BangHead:
Or heart disease. That's the way I was before my heart surgery. Just take it easy and get it checked out when it's safe to do so.

I'll be checking out my well tank and pump today, have low water pressure. Never played with this but doesn't look too complicated, just hoping I can find a gauge for the air pressure, think I may only have tire pressure gauge, not dial. Anyone messed around with pressure switch and tank pressures on their wells?
Yep, Just messed with mine yesterday. 1/2HP convertible pump sitting on top of the tank in basement. Shaft seal started leaking a little a while back. Got the seal kit, but putting it off cause if something goes wrong I am screwed with limited ability to get a similar setup in store. I ordered one in to Home Depot. First one came in damaged and they got replacement sitting there as of a few days ago. But,...it's not the same one I have though. So would need to redo all the plumbing. As of yesterday, the shaft was barely leaking if at all. So decided to put off any repairs and attempt a little 'tune up'. I put on a new gauge I had bought recently. Was going a little low so bumped the cut-in up to 20. I used a tire gauge and checked bladder pressure. It was about 15 -filled to 18 now. Only problem was I cant get it to 40 on top end. If I turn the nut down it just acts like it wants to run forever. I don't know if regulator works right. Tried adjusting that for max flow, but was just soaking the floor. I took a shower since then and think it had a little better pressure ,or at least more consistent.
I need to find the measurements I took of the well and decide if I should get the 1/2hp at HD or go up to a 3/4. They will hold that on til 4/26...

Go to the CDC or equivalent websites and see where that fits in with a bigger picture.
Unless you work out every day or move furniture 3 times a week, its probably normal...

Yep, Just messed with mine yesterday. 1/2HP convertible pump sitting on top of the tank in basement. Shaft seal started leaking a little a while back. Got the seal kit, but putting it off cause if something goes wrong I am screwed with limited ability to get a similar setup in store. I ordered one in to Home Depot. First one came in damaged and they got replacement sitting there as of a few days ago. But,...it's not the same one I have though. So would need to redo all the plumbing. As of yesterday, the shaft was barely leaking if at all. So decided to put off any repairs and attempt a little 'tune up'. I put on a new gauge I had bought recently. Was going a little low so bumped the cut-in up to 20. I used a tire gauge and checked bladder pressure. It was about 15 -filled to 18 now. Only problem was I cant get it to 40 on top end. If I turn the nut down it just acts like it wants to run forever. I don't know if regulator works right. Tried adjusting that for max flow, but was just soaking the floor. I took a shower since then and think it had a little better pressure ,or at least more consistent.

Your tank sounds like it is water logged. Turn the pump off and let 5 gal or so of the water out. Then pump the tank up to 40 pounds with your air compressor. That will fix your constant running.
I need to find the measurements I took of the well and decide if I should get the 1/2hp at HD or go up to a 3/4. They will hold that on til 4/26...

Dang I didn't get to see it. Missed it by 4 minutes
I can tell you where to find it.
It was a link to Yahoo or Yahoo news.
The headline (which is what showed up in the post) was sensational and blamed someone.,
Nothing to do with stats or making masks (the other thread he spammed)

How big is your tank...I should have asked that. You need to have the tank about 3/4 full of water or a little more and then add the air. It's a guess

i dont think we're gonna be past that point for a LONG time. I'm actually predicting a drop in the next few weeks, marginal cases over the summer, then about mid september, it'll go nuts again. No medical proof or expertise, just a gut feeling.
They say new cases are leveling out here, but #'s are so scewed by who actually gets checked, tests available etc. I want to see a week or 2 of trend. I hope I am wrong, but I expect to see a second jump in a couple weeks from people who get together for the Holiday dinners this weekend...
There's always next year
And I expect that will be insane if everything gets cancelled this year
heck no, Gerst. its my updated one. I traded my original gerst without a sway back to Gerst for one with a sway but to save time and a little money I opted for a bare frame.
What are you using. I think if I was spending that kind of $ on parts I would want them powder coated. But then epoxy might actually be better...

Your tank sounds like it is water logged. Turn the pump off and let 5 gal or so of the water out. Then pump the tank up to 40 pounds with your air compressor. That will fix your constant running.
How will that help? These things have a bladder. Once it gets water in it, it's done. I let the water pressure down to 0 to check pressure on the bladder. I will do that again in a few days and see if it still has 18 PSI. If not, I suspect it has a small leak. If so, I wouldn't want to over pressure it or I could split it open and then It would be 100% pump run...

How big is your tank...I should have asked that. You need to have the tank about 3/4 full of water or a little more and then add the air. It's a guess
It had water in it. (I have no way to drain it completly), but no water pressure behind it.

-
Back