Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
He isn't using the rolling rockers. Just the heads. I never thought about what rocker and rocker arms he was using
ah i was reading that as the rockers.

For the heads, yes, it can be done. We had to do some port matching on like the water jackets and stuff and I'm not positive and im not fully remembering but we had to do something with the pushrods, i don't remember what, but I think we had to use oil thru ones with a different length. I do know the LA intake would not fit and we had to order one from Summit that had the Magnum head bolt pattern. the holes for the bolts are at different angles.

i honestly do not know. I do know my cousin and I put magnum heads on a 360 LA block in his ram charger and had to do some mods to make those fit. But I've never seen or heard of anyone putting rockers from a magnum head onto an LA head. That I don't know.
Uncle tony is putting non roller heads onto an 89 360.
So going the other way would be possible. Send whitepunkonitro a message, im sure he will have some answers.

Uncle tony is putting non roller heads onto an 89 360.
So going the other way would be possible. Send whitepunkonitro a message, im sure he will have some answers.
yeah i know, i thought at first when i read it, he was asking if you could put the roller rockers into the LA head. not swap the entire heads. I misread.

ah i was reading that as the rockers.

For the heads, yes, it can be done. We had to do some port matching on like the water jackets and stuff and I'm not positive and im not fully remembering but we had to do something with the pushrods, i don't remember what, but I think we had to use oil thru ones with a different length. I do know the LA intake would not fit and we had to order one from Summit that had the Magnum head bolt pattern. the holes for the bolts are at different angles.
So expensive parts will make it happen. I guess it has to do with the goals one is trying to achieve.

So expensive parts will make it happen. I guess it has to do with the goals one is trying to achieve.
yeah, i mean someone else might know a work around, but I'm 99% sure you have to either have the heads re-drilled at the LA intake angle or use an intake for the Magnum bolt angles. I know we fought with that for a while before figuring that out. Course, that was 20 years ago.

Hey @
Does any one know?
Question for you guys. Can you use the rocker roller head. 85 and up on a 1972 318?

My buddy Max is putting a 72 318 together. He has a set of heads from an 89 all cleaned up. He is a cheap azz
Late to the party. The 85 and up to the Magnums are still LA heads. If they are magnum heads they can be used on a LA block but because they are oil through pushrods, you need AMC lifters,different pushrods,and a different intake manifold.

yeah, i mean someone else might know a work around, but I'm 99% sure you have to either have the heads re-drilled at the LA intake angle or use an intake for the Magnum bolt angles. I know we fought with that for a while before figuring that out. Course, that was 20 years ago.
I think someone here in the forum made a drilling jig for this.

WHy go through all the work just for a set of heads. There's tons of good usable LA heads around.

Who knows his purpose other than he has a set on the shelf. He is one of those guys who will not spend a dime on anything if he can get away with it. The 72 engine has a set of heads already on it but he want to put the other heads on. He makes no sense sometimes.

He makes no sense but I said I would ask. I brag about the site but he cannot use a computer and won't learn. So I asked for him

WHy go through all the work just for a set of heads. There's tons of good usable LA heads around.
we were seniors in high school with limited funds. We'd sourced the heads from a junkyard van. Plus at the time, aftermarket LA heads weren't really around.

He is literally one of those guys that has a 3/4 cam in his dart. I keep trying to talk to him about bragging about that but....

I am out of here for Dr appointment. See you all and thanks for the feedback

More. Think im calling it the coon rod..
26DBAC26-2CDF-4433-AA52-0FE979EAC356.jpeg
4FCE51BC-28BB-4311-A9F8-6AB5ACBAD395.jpeg
C41F51DC-E115-4839-8A35-9584DA5B7ADB.jpeg
5062F8D8-CBD1-41BB-927D-0D5417F1E373.jpeg

Looks good, but taking up old mulch dont happen here. What do you do with it? I use ‘natural’ mulch ( wood chips, bark mulch...) and let it rot away. Top off as needed. If it gets too high I take away dirt from underneath.
We can’t use mulch up here, the wind is so strong it just blows the mulch everywhere and you end up with piles at the foot of hard scrape.

We can’t use mulch up here, the wind is so strong it just blows the mulch everywhere and you end up with piles at the foot of hard scrape.
Most of it is heavy enough to stay in place here. Some people around try to use finely shredded stuff and wonder why there is nothing left in a couple weeks.

I don't like it it attracts termites. I have used cedar mulch but you cannot find it around here.

I don't like it it attracts termites. I have used cedar mulch but you cannot find it around here.
Have heard that about termites but never seen it. I think if you have a termite problem, they might get in your mulch. But I don't think mulching is going to cause a termite problem.

Seriously it does attract them. They love damp wood (yes I said damp wood) And paper.

News keeps talking about the 'intelligence community' referring to government stuff. I've never seen it...

-
Back