Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ya...my wife helps but the majority of it I usually do....she thought a few years ago she would do it all...several weeks later I finished it..lol. She said I dont know how you do all this in a few days...lol. That picture is just one of 7 different spots around the yard that "we" take up all the old mulch, plant things and, lay down new mulch.
Looks good, but taking up old mulch dont happen here. What do you do with it? I use ‘natural’ mulch ( wood chips, bark mulch...) and let it rot away. Top off as needed. If it gets too high I take away dirt from underneath.

Cleaned weeds out of a couple more areas. Then got looking at the grass she mowed last night. Decided I needed to adjust the deck. Just mowed some - got it set pretty good now. Was nice not sliding on hills and the turns with the new front tires on :thumbsup:

A8B9350E-0C88-461B-B3CC-D4BBB39FB929.jpeg

Looks good, but taking up old mulch dont happen here. What do you do with it? I use ‘natural’ mulch ( wood chips, bark mulch...) and let it rot away. Top off as needed. If it gets too high I take away dirt from underneath.
Since we use the red kind it fades out so we just take it out every year...28 bags worth.. I just put the old in those lawn bags and the city picks it up....usually looks like this by summer

27399.jpeg

Last edited:
Since we use the red kind it fades out so we just take it out every year...28 bags worth.. I just put the old in those lawn bags and the city picks it up....usually looks like this by summer

View attachment 1715521559
I’d put down some red stone and be done with it. Lol. Did that on the ‘islands’ in parking lot at the cold storage warehouse. Used fabric underneath and cut holes where we wanted plants.

Stage one done, made some flaps to get some more air flow through the radiator. Using some scrap stuff from around the garage. Roadkill style! Ordered a hood to radiator seal from Detroit Muscle.

A89DD476-E2CF-4C76-ACAF-9F215463BC1E.jpeg

C8B56C7F-F954-4071-8326-D817E7B126A2.jpeg

56927268-57B3-4A55-B6B7-9476A9FF7AC1.jpeg

Today’s yard work adventure. A friend let us dig some Pachysandra from the large beds on their property and we collected 4 large totes of plants over there today. Just started getting them in the ground at the end of the day.

We will get several large area going so that we can dig from them later and spread them to the other parts of the yard where we want it.

The plants aren’t cheap if you get them at a nursery and run around $75 per flat. Based on that, we got about $300 worth today for just the labor of digging them.

BAA25EDD-FD39-4C2E-9831-F0642EB01BD5.jpeg

85FD981A-841A-4378-891B-3CA11A62727A.jpeg

Stage one done, made some flaps to get some more air flow through the radiator. Using some scrap stuff from around the garage. Roadkill style! Ordered a hood to radiator seal from Detroit Muscle.

View attachment 1715521617

View attachment 1715521618

View attachment 1715521619
Looks like a good start! You should seriously consider the air dam. It changes the pressure dynamics creating a low pressure region behind the radiator which results in increased air flow volume and velocity across it extracting more heat.

It would be the equivalent of adding two more electric fans to the front of the radiator.

Parts truck, or are you going to resurrect that one too?
Parts to start with. In time i will trip over an s-10 or dakota chassis to build it. Unless my legs keep going the way they are today, then im done. Sell the whole works and buy a wheelchair.

Looks like a good start! You should seriously consider the air dam. It changes the pressure dynamics creating a low pressure region behind the radiator which results in increased air flow volume and velocity across it extracting more heat.

It would be the equivalent of adding two more electric fans to the front of the radiator.
$80 for shipping! :eek:

B970BED5-3E4A-4DDC-ABBE-90DFB95D4C20.png

-
Back