Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I’m out cold by 7pm, get’n to a point where I can sleep anytime/anywhere. Work, eat, sleep. Throw in some Roadkill and call it a day.

Carlisle 2012
045.JPG

Morning!
finish water pump job this morning,change a couple tires and check a power window regulator i replaced on monday. None of the windows work now. Switch not plugged in right, maybe? Dunno,either its a faulty motor or poor workmanship. I hope its the motor.

Can't seem to get the right O2 senser from my parts supplier for this 03 Camry. Guess I'll check myself. Yup, found the right part number on Rock Auto. Love to use them for reference. Now I can call the Parts Store back , and do their job for them....:wtf::wtf:

Can't seem to get the right O2 senser from my parts supplier for this 03 Camry. Guess I'll check myself. Yup, found the right part number on Rock Auto. Love to use them for reference. Now I can call the Parts Store back , and do their job for them....:wtf::wtf:
I look up parts on my laptop computer,connected to my supplier’s inventory.
I can order parts 24/7 when the system is working right. Lately its been hit and miss. A couple weeks ago, their entire system went down, middle of the day.
My buddy was not having a good day.

With regard to “new auto parts store”. As most on here know I am stuffing a 6.1 gen 3 into a 72 Demon. Here is my typical parts store run.
I saunter into the store tired and frustrated, all forward progress halted by the immediate need for a widget. The pimple faced kid behind the counter eyes me with glee. As I approach, his smug grin turns into a puffed up feeling of power as he has a computer. With greasy hands I drop the widget on the counter, he eyes me with disdain. In dripping sarcasm as only a teenager can muster he explains, Sir what is this out of? In return I explain it does not matter as I am putting a engine in the wrong car. He smiles knowingly and tells me he “totally gets it” as he has done dozens of engine swaps, why just this last weekend he put a 1500HP triple spooled V4 in a Nissan. Heck the car even gets 30 mph and runs on pump gas. And all his cars are ten second cars as anything else isn’t worth having. I glance out in the parking lot since We are the only two people in the store, my truck and a beat up Honda Accord with go fast stickers in the window and a zip tied rear spoiler are the only rigs in the lot. I am sure his ten second rig is just not onsite at the moment. So after enduring him droning on about his master mechanic skills I ask if he has any of my widgets on the shelf. He looks at it it turns it over in his hand a time or two, types furiously on the key board for a bit, then once again asks what is it and what car make model and year. I explain it is a motor mount and the car is a 72 Demon. Back to the computer he goes, finally he exclaims we have one. He promptly brings back a factory motor mount, when laid beside the 6.1 Hemi mount on counter he righteously explains my problem is I have the wrong mount, his is correct. Once again I explain it is a modern Hemi going in a 72, he says he fully understands as he swaps motors all the time. Simply use the one on the counter he provided and my problems are solved as his will fit a 72. I thank him for his time and hit Rock Auto website!

I look up parts on my laptop computer,connected to my supplier’s inventory.
I can order parts 24/7 when the system is working right. Lately its been hit and miss. A couple weeks ago, their entire system went down, middle of the day.
My buddy was not having a good day.
Ya , When I had my chain of stores, we had that for our customers, but often, they could not order the right parts .....:wtf:

With regard to “new auto parts store”. As most on here know I am stuffing a 6.1 gen 3 into a 72 Demon. Here is my typical parts store run.
I saunter into the store tired and frustrated, all forward progress halted by the immediate need for a widget. The pimple faced kid behind the counter eyes me with glee. As I approach, his smug grin turns into a puffed up feeling of power as he has a computer. With greasy hands I drop the widget on the counter, he eyes me with disdain. In dripping sarcasm as only a teenager can muster he explains, Sir what is this out of? In return I explain it does not matter as I am putting a engine in the wrong car. He smiles knowingly and tells me he “totally gets it” as he has done dozens of engine swaps, why just this last weekend he put a 1500HP triple spooled V4 in a Nissan. Heck the car even gets 30 mph and runs on pump gas. And all his cars are ten second cars as anything else isn’t worth having. I glance out in the parking lot since We are the only two people in the store, my truck and a beat up Honda Accord with go fast stickers in the window and a zip tied rear spoiler are the only rigs in the lot. I am sure his ten second rig is just not onsite at the moment. So after enduring him droning on about his master mechanic skills I ask if he has any of my widgets on the shelf. He looks at it it turns it over in his hand a time or two, types furiously on the key board for a bit, then once again asks what is it and what car make model and year. I explain it is a motor mount and the car is a 72 Demon. Back to the computer he goes, finally he exclaims we have one. He promptly brings back a factory motor mount, when laid beside the 6.1 Hemi mount on counter he righteously explains my problem is I have the wrong mount, his is correct. Once again I explain it is a modern Hemi going in a 72, he says he fully understands as he swaps motors all the time. Simply use the one on the counter he provided and my problems are solved as his will fit a 72. I thank him for his time and hit Rock Auto website!
I had Great countermen at all stores. They were all older guys, Back in the 90's they were paid well, probably 5 times what those kids get today. These were family men, supporting their families. Alas , those good ol days are gone forever. Now everyone has to deal with idiots. I can write a very thick book about the Parts Business. Glad Im out, But kept all the Commercial Real Estate..:thumbsup:

Screwed around with the pop yesterday, the Mallory in it needed another petronix unit which I did not have on hand, had one for a dual point so built one up and tested it on the sun machine., put it in, no spark. Dammit, troubleshoot the system cant find anything wrong, cant be the new unit right! Pull it put it on the machine again, the unit is dead. First petronix 1 I have had fail. Put another in and get him running, but a lot of popping in the exhaust on the passenger side. Think a valve is leaking, have to do a leakdown test today, this will be fun with the tri-y headers. Hell plug change on 4 and 6 is with three different wrenches!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

nice to know it's not just me :lol:

Screwed around with the pop yesterday, the Mallory in it needed another petronix unit which I did not have on hand, had one for a dual point so built one up and tested it on the sun machine., put it in, no spark. Dammit, troubleshoot the system cant find anything wrong, cant be the new unit right! Pull it put it on the machine again, the unit is dead. First petronix 1 I have had fail. Put another in and get him running, but a lot of popping in the exhaust on the passenger side. Think a valve is leaking, have to do a leakdown test today, this will be fun with the tri-y headers. Hell plug change on 4 and 6 is with three different wrenches!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
aka; the joys of hotrodding

-
Back