Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
always buy over spec when it's your life on the line....... 3500lb car...... 4 ton stands. like the thread about engine stands, screw those 3 wheel ones.... I know a guy who had one pitch over and take out a fender, after he told me about that I never used mine again. I found a old heavy duty 4 wheel stand at a garage sale for $50, he said he had a big block on it, I didn't even try to get a better price ~~ SOLD.
I have 4 of those 3 wheel jobs that I got for 20 a piece. Ive turned them into 4 wheel jobs and lengthened out the tubes, MUCH MUCH more stable

We have been deep diving in the freezer, made some burritos with 4 year old deer meat last night. Great time to clean out the bottom layers in our freezers. At 18 dollars a pound 3 and 4 year old deer and elk looks pretty tasty!

How long does meat last in the freezer????

Spent a year working flight deck on a carrier. The ultimate drag strip!!!!!!

...one thing I learned in the Navy is that the North Atlantic in winter can make an aircraft carrier seem like a row boat!!

My dad was officer in charge of damage control on a Fletcher class Destroyer...

Or as he used to put it, "I had to keep the tin can afloat"....

Varies. If it’s in a deep freezer set to 0 degrees or less, nearly forever. If it’s in a refrigerator freezer, which normally is between 20-28 degrees, non cured pork goes bad in about 6 months, beef, venison, most poultries, about a year

I just got on the boat.
202.gif

I don't know where I bought mine. It was so long ago I forget. I do know I have one odd one because the vehicle shifted and when it came down it bent (crushed) the base. I attempted to straighten it when I thought to myself....what am I doing! This is nothing to mess with so I bought another one
:eek:
Local pig farmer is selling whole hogs for $80... Wish I had the room in our freezer, but we are pretty set with 2 deer and a quarter beef.
Not sure what regular price is. I'd get one and have my son butcher it if that was here. Hogs is his main job, not sure what price he can get. He is planning to get a half of bee
I use barley when I work on mine same reason. Last time was on the parts cuda in the yard before I flipped it over.
View attachment 1715531875
AB88BEF2-8C4F-4638-9028-B01E3299890F.jpeg

Time to vent!

Being in charge of the College HVAC systems Im about to pull my hair out with the people that are freaking out about this whole COVID crap. I've got an instructor that wants to reevaluate our HVAC systems and change the air flows. Not to mention she is concerned about when school returns in the fall. Ya it doesnt work that way with changing a HVAC system from the way it was designed to operate in a bldg. However, Im sure they will want to spend all this money on one chicken little, who is pulling articles from other countrys saying this is what they do. Instead of listening to the person that actually knows how it operates, codes, etc. I swear that most people that have Phd behind their name makes them more stupid! Rant over.
That reminds me. Need to change my filter I picked up last week.

I finally caught up and everybody disappeared... I often do the backread with one eye open before I roll out. Had to make coffee first with all the yackin on here this morning.

I finally caught up and everybody disappeared... I often do the backread with one eye open before I roll out. Had to make coffee first with all the yackin on here this morning.

I just caught up also...

How zit goin'???

Nice out. Sunny 55F, but feels a bit chilly with the wind. Might cut the rest of the grass, but need to check the deck. Did around the house yesterday and it looks a little uneven. Wondering if I bent a blade. Some root sticking up. I always graze over them, but usually doesn't bother the blades unless I dig into one.

keep in mind though, theres a heavy various, due to a long list of factors, bottom line, after it thaws and if it smells funny, don't risk it. and if you're gonna store long periods, vaccum seal or some other way of getting rid of oxygen from it prior to freezing.

im still here...

Nice out. Sunny 55F, but feels a bit chilly with the wind. Might cut the rest of the grass, but need to check the deck. Did around the house yesterday and it looks a little uneven. Wondering if I bent a blade. Some root sticking up. I always graze over them, but usually doesn't bother the blades unless I dig into one.

It rained again yesterday... I need two dry days to be able to cut around here...

all day? a true benefit of working from home, mask free zone
Supposed to be on from before you walk in till after you’re out except while eating or drinking at break.

At least today is Hump Day! And it looks like it is for real this week. They posted no OT for Saturday. So as long as my manager doesn’t decide that we need to do any downtime Maintenance projects... I have a 3 day weekend coming my way. Woo hoo!
Did I say HUMP day?

47B31805-B86D-4B35-A940-9ACE597AFCE6.jpeg

Supposed to be on from before you walk in till after you’re out except while eating or drinking at break.

At least today is Hump Day! And it looks like it is for real this week. They posted no OT for Saturday. So as long as my manager doesn’t decide that we need to do any downtime Maintenance projects... I have a 3 day weekend coming my way. Woo hoo!
Did I say HUMP day?

View attachment 1715531936
Nice pool...........

If/when we go back to work, we’ll have to wear them at all times in the building.
Yep. We got an email from the Plant Manager yesterday. All measures in place to continue until company says so. Just in case anyone thought 'yellow' was going to change anything. We just added more plastic barrier the last couple nights between computers and divided the main hallway so its one way in and one way out.
People who don't get out at all are in disbelief at the 'reality' of going to the store now.
Just wait till they go back to work... :wtf:

Yep. We got an email from the Plant Manager yesterday. All measures in place to continue until company says so. Just in case anyone thought 'yellow' was going to change anything. We just added more plastic barrier the last couple nights between computers and divided the main hallway so its one way in and one way out.
People who don't get out at all are in disbelief at the 'reality' of going to the store now.
Just wait till they go back to work... :wtf:
im dreading it already. I hope they keep us teleworking indefinitely

-
Back