Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1st gen

atsf-65-alco-pa-1-san-diego-wernher-krutein.jpg

2280.1076861880.jpg

Small Block 340 X heads. Should be 894 casting, but do they typically say AAWJ 340?

20200528_190407.jpg

20200528_190418.jpg

Oh sorry. No, just asking. I do see the X. Mine has a large X also. Also have a set of 915 heads just cuz. Thanks Mike.

Rained on and off all day going out to the funeral, but at least it held off during the service. Was near 80 here today and we have had just enough rain to keep the humidity at a nice sauna level. Was out till near dark stacking firewood. Got most of it done now, about 3 cords. Might be another cord there. Neighbor kid has not gotten any yet, so hopefully he gets most of what is left soon. Told him to take a truckload...

Rained on and off all day going out to the funeral, but at least it held off during the service. Was near 80 here today and we have had just enough rain to keep the humidity at a nice sauna level. Was out till near dark stacking firewood. Got most of it done now, about 3 cords. Might be another cord there. Neighbor kid has not gotten any yet, so hopefully he gets most of what is left soon. Told him to take a truckload...
Hey Keith.....

I always forget, but I think 'J' (U,O) head castings were used during the last two high compression years.
@toolmanmike
I found it, Brian6pk and Jahrhibi and others have said 70-71 2.02 valve heads are usually 915s, so no X of course. J U O maybe I
I remember looking because the engine I bought a couple years ago has 915s 2.02s. Of course the one I bought was opened up, so that's not a good example of evidence.

-
Back