Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yep, all better now....
Good good. They had a lady at my wife’s office today who tested positive back in March, come back in for a 2nd test. Similar symptoms. Takes a week before they’ll get results back. L

model-s-7.jpg

For Tim's back yard :lol:

@toolmanmike
I found it, Brian6pk and Jahrhibi and others have said 70-71 2.02 valve heads are usually 915s, so no X of course. J U O maybe I
I remember looking because the engine I bought a couple years ago has 915s 2.02s. Of course the one I bought was opened up, so that's not a good example of evidence.
According to my books the 2.02/1.60 heads were either 915 X heads or TA heads which were U's or O's.

12" was the Interstate spec the last time I did that kinda concrete. Outfit I worked for was the first to pave 1 mile 48 feet wide in 8 hours. Almost 1200 cu yds./hour
Lots o' crete. You guys out west use rebar and mesh? We must here where it freeses and thaws.

According to my books the 2.02/1.60 heads were either 915 X heads or TA heads which were U's or O's.
My books too.
But now after reading the posts from guys who have had seen many original examples, I'm going with them. In fact I just cut and pasted from four of those posts. The first two quotes sum it up clearly.
Alaskan_TA
The X heads were used into the 1970 model year, but not for all of the 1970 model year.
There are plenty of 1970 340s out there with 915 heads.

Cylinder Head ID - Casting and Date Code

Cracked Back
If an X headed 340 made it to 1971 production it's one in a million.
915 J heads were the primary head in 1970. The X heads ran early in production for 1970 and I've seen some December 1969 build cars with them, but they are not the norm.
1971 plymouth 340

Mopar Official
Brian6pac Cylinder Head ID - Casting and Date Code
Jarahabi Small Block Heads

I'm willing to call the books wrong on this.
wink-gif.gif

Last edited:
Lots o' crete. You guys out west use rebar and mesh? We must here where it freeses and thaws.

They really didn't do rebar until the early 80s in the concrete paving. Very minimal usage of the steel, it really cramped their style/production. Even without steel it's pretty much maintenance free for 20 years.

They really didn't do rebar until the early 80s in the concrete paving. Very minimal usage of the steel, it really cramped their style/production. Even without steel it's pretty much maintenance free for 20 years.
While we're asking concrete questions,
How are expansion joints put in when pouring like that?
Or are they cut later?

Now that I think about it, they did do a job at one of the Phoenix airports that incorporated these little crimped steel needle looking things added to the concrete at the plant. I was not happy when one of those little beggars wound up stuck in my hand when I was doing some plant repair. :lol:

Last edited:
While we're asking concrete questions,
How are expansion joints put in when pouring like that?
Or are they cut later?

About 7 days after they paved they cut the control joints with a concrete saw on rails. First 28 days was a "no contact" situation with that concrete.

About 7 days after they paved they cut the control joints with a concrete saw on rails. First 28 days was a "no contact" situation with that concrete.
Always seemed like more work, but seeing that machine I can understand why cutting makes more sense in that situation. A little different than when pouring a sidewalk with forms!

We were doing a state highway in LA. Big paving crew was doing their thing one day. A kid running from the local PD in a VW Bug found a CALTRANS gate to the project open and up on the right of way he comes. Drove the Bug over the edge of that 12" mat of fresh concrete right up behind the paving machine until he lost traction :steering:. Made about 150' of tracks in the fresh mat. Caltrans had kittens :eek: our paving superintendent would have skinned the kid if the PD hadn't hauled him off :mad: The next day I got to take the loader and push all that concrete out of the way :rofl: I heard their insurance company told them "NFW are we paying for that". Cost the kid's parents $20K to remedy the situation.

-
Back