Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Evening all.
Hope to have a better watch than the last one. We should be on to the next location around midnight. 24-27 hours transit time. Getting close to going home time as well, however will be a real long crew change. Probably 4-5 hours on the crew boat after they decide to release us 3 1/2 hours to the office and then 8 1/2 hours home. Crew change on Wednesday should get home Thursday.

So I am sitting out on the front bench enjoying the evening and I hear what sounds like one of my neighbors strolling down the sidewalk from up the hill.

I turned to see who it was when they rounded the corner from behind the big spruce tree.

It wasn’t a neighbor. A big beatutiful 6’ tall doe comes casually walking down the side walk. She sees me but keeps walking down the sidewalk. She gets to the middle of the driveway and turns up it and takes a few steps like she is going to come over and say “Hi”.

Mindful that she may have fawns trailing, I start thinking about if I need to stand up and spook her off. Nope. She just stops, gives me a look over and casually turns and walks across the street down through the neighbors yard and into the woods. No fawns following.

They really are like big pet dogs in this neighborhood.

I would have grabbed a pic, but I left my phone in the house. Too bad, she was pretty.

Any issues using an A904 from a truck in an A or B body? Linkage etc.?
Linkage is likely to be different, possibly a different converter and maybe a different drive shaft length. Can’t remember if the 2wd truck trans were the same length as cars or not.

Evening all.
Hope to have a better watch than the last one. We should be on to the next location around midnight. 24-27 hours transit time. Getting close to going home time as well, however will be a real long crew change. Probably 4-5 hours on the crew boat after they decide to release us 3 1/2 hours to the office and then 8 1/2 hours home. Crew change on Wednesday should get home Thursday.

Here I used to think travelling from the desert to LA for 2 1/2 hrs each way Monday morn and Friday eve was a PIA.

Today was a big day for me. 1000 days since I started my weight loss plan.

I have now lost 84 lbs. That’s 294,000 calories gone.

I started at 315 lbs and now I am 231 lbs.

46 lbs to go...

Linkage is likely to be different, possibly a different converter and maybe a different drive shaft length. Can’t remember if the 2wd truck trans were the same length as cars or not.

If I recall right, the 727 we procured from a van and transplanted into the Challenger TA was about 4" shorter than the 833 we shoved over in the corner. A used Mustang shifter, some creative torch work on the linkage and off we went.

Left the 300 C alone for 2 hours after a 30 min slow charge and the battery voltage is still at 12.7. Will check it again tomorrow and see what’s up.

I can always pull the new battery from the SRT if I need to, but this one seems like maybe it will be OK.

Time and testing will tell.

If I recall right, the 727 we procured from a van and transplanted into the Challenger TA was about 4" shorter than the 833 we shoved over in the corner. A used Mustang shifter, some creative torch work on the linkage and off we went.
Maybe no mounting holes for a factory floor shifter .....

Hard to capture the crowd. A full house.

20200627_181305.jpg

20200627_194248.jpg

20200627_194314.jpg

20200627_194408.jpg

If we keep doing politics in here, I may have to find somewhere else to be...

There is only one big offender here and he just can’t give it a rest.

So I'm in my room just now and I hear this loud bang...

I go to investigate and I see my son and a friend coming in the front door... I ask them, "Was that you"???

"Yes"... (fireworks)... :BangHead:

Maybe no mounting holes for a factory floor shifter .....

Mustang shifters were cheap, very functional, and in the mid 70s were available at any salvage yard. It was just a temp fix, Moto had a cast on his right leg from his toes to his hip. The TA for that matter, was just one of those deals you couldn't pass up whether you need it or not.

The little vineyard amphitheatre just up the road a piece.
Top name talent all summer long in a normal year.
This year, not so much.
Beach Boys, Joe Bonamassa, Train, Steve Martin & Martin Short and just for Karl the Barenaked Ladies are still on the schedule waiting to be cancelled :lol:

19559-media-800.jpg

So since I have an 8.8, and no driveshaft the output shaft to driveshaft wont be that big a deal. Measure and go down to Johns Salvage with a measuring tape. Never have failed to find one in the driveshaft pile that fit my measurements.
Found a 318 and a904 for $200.00 ran when pulled.

Messin with the Duster this evening. Pulled plugs -lot of carbon. Not entirely surprising as it doesn't get driven enough- too much idling/short runs. Decided I would put the set in I got from Hoppy and go through the tune up.. Then I figured, I would check valve lash... I did set them hot last time, but have seen many just go a little over and do them cold. Did that. Nothing seemed too far out. Now time to put the cover back on. It's got a rubber gasket, but a bit more squished in a couple spots than I like. So, just go to one of my many parts stores and grab one right. Nope. Looked up AZ, Advance, Pep Boys, and NAPA. No stock. Well Fk. I'll go order one at the counter tomorrow. Probably AZ will have it in a day or so. But now I can't finish tune up tomorrow :BangHead:

-
Back