Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have a mac taskmaster for the obd1 stuff. Used it the other day on the mustank.

There is a test with an analog ohmmeter, was the absoulte best way to find it,needle will flicker as you sweep the sensor.

but back then the diagnostic procedures were long drawn out processes with flow charts.
I remember one was like nine pages long. It was folded up in the manual.
Yes I know that, Is running good now and might not have shown up with a meter, was in the memory. Man I could have spent days with out it and found nothing! Still waiting on the starter though! Ordered June 30th!:mob:, glad it is just a truck not really a needed vehicle.

I have a mac taskmaster for the obd1 stuff. Used it the other day on the mustank.
This is not OBD, has the connector under the hood, square 6 pin I think it is. Have to look and see what the tool is, takes a cartridge for the years?

This is not OBD, has the connector under the hood, square 6 pin I think it is. Have to look and see what the tool is, takes a cartridge for the years?
Obd1
New is obd2
The snap on one had a variety of cartridges.
Lots of them had cartridges.
The best one for the old mopars was the drb. Really hard to find complete and kinday pricey.

and you could have pulled the codes by cycling key on/off 3 times. Count flashes and decode from there.

No idea what it is called. That's why I love points! Ordered the TPS and two new injectors, man I think they are pricy lowest I can find them is for 35 each for bosh. Glad there are only two. Early throttle body? System.

No idea what it is called. That's why I love points! Ordered the TPS and two new injectors, man I think they are pricy lowest I can find them is for 35 each for bosh. Glad there are only two. Early throttle body? System.
Be careful around the pressure regulator,and idle control motor,may want to learn the procedure for taking it apart, as i sort of remember the struggle when i worked on my 88 ramcharger. Thats why i got it cheap, he fiddled with the idle and threw it out of whack.
If you need info on it, i think ramchargercentral has it in archives somewhere.

I have a FSM. Thought it was two screws and done on the TPS, had the injectors out when I first got it was just one torx screw between them on the throttle body. What do I have to watch? Did not even look at the procedure YET! Thanks for the heads up.

I have a FSM. Thought it was two screws and done on the TPS, had the injectors out when I first got it was just one torx screw between them on the throttle body. What do I have to watch? Did not even look at the procedure YET! Thanks for the heads up.
Thought injector housing and pressure reg was one piece. Maybe a chevy? Been 14 years since i touched one. Queue Karl!

The injectors are on top of the throttle body, Think the pressure regulator is on the feed line going in, plan on borrowing a Gurage to see where it iI actually do not have one for FI. Figures I have every other pre 80 in the world!, a few lean codes came up also but can be the TPS also?

Glad this thing is leaving in the trade, really takes up a crapload of room.
s-l1600.jpg

The injectors are on top of the throttle body, Think the pressure regulator is on the feed line going in, plan on borrowing a Gurage to see where it iI actually do not have one for FI. Figures I have every other pre 80 in the world!, a few lean codes came up also but can be the TPS also?
Gauge needs a tee you put in the fuel line, no spout to test fuel pressure.
Lean, vacuum leak,bad o2s or low fuel pressure. Maybe a coolant temp sensor going bad.
I would say the lean would be when you were having fuel pump troubles.

Yes probably was/ Pretty sure the TPS crapped out on the way home after the starter Sh@t happened. Kind of make sense, Did not go past 1.5 VDC. Acted like the fuel was starving.

Need to drag them out put them on the pop after I did the disks in the rear and had to go to 15" tires, looked good but dam they are heavy that's why I went trim rings and dog dishes.
DSC09362.JPG

Hey any one having issues with Fed ex? I have two packages just sitting in Chicago since July 5th!

Just seems like no one is actually working there. Need the starter for the truck and I guess I should have gotten it local! When will I learn!

My neighbors business is rebuilding them. But you are going with the small one right?

Hey any one having issues with Fed ex? I have two packages just sitting in Chicago since July 5th!
I had a Fed Ex sit for over a week. I called and they gave me "we're dealing with the covid chit, bla, bla, bla" I replied "yea aren't we all"

Ok I'm here. Spent six hours at my nephew's doubleheader baseball game last night. He plays a college summer league. Late night and my routine is all outa wack!!

Just seems like no one is actually working there. Need the starter for the truck and I guess I should have gotten it local! When will I learn!
I can check one evening soon, I may have a spare starter or three laying around.

Just checked on a package via ups. Held for cod payment. Wtf? My credit card was charged already. They better fix it before i put a claim in with visa.

-
Back