Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, on a 383 is the stock flat/no valve relief piston only being .016 in the hole good or bad?
I see it as good but have been wrong before.

Wow, geez, thanks a lot people.
Wouldn't of had a clew i would get these comments by posting Howdy Dooty, in a reply on this forum.

Your right, i mostly surf thru this section, without putting in a post.
Dunno why.
Just happened to have a picture of Howdy in my picture files, and the perfect opportunity was there.

Don't know if i should post this or not, as i really don't like to post personal issues on any of the web sites, but i most likely will be gone off these sites for awhile.

I have been diagnosed with a bad heart, that is requiring surgery.
I need a "valve job" and some artery work.
Have the big appointment with the people, doctor, at the hospital, Wednesday morning.
I'll know more about it then.
Surgery, 4 or 5 days in the ICU ward, maybe two weeks in a care facility hospital, then months of recovery with health care, at home.
I live alone, so the care issue still has to be worked out.

Anyone ever go thru heart surgery?
How did your recovery go?
That's what's got me concerned, more than the surgery itself.

Fell comfortable telling me, write me a pm.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x
Have a heart condition myself, but no surgery. I hope it turns out ok for you. My understanding is the improvement is noticeable. My snap on tool rep had major surgery, he can walk a couple miles no problem now.

Have a heart condition myself, but no surgery. I hope it turns out ok for you. My understanding is the improvement is noticeable. My snap on tool rep had major surgery, he can walk a couple miles no problem now.
That's what everyone's been telling me.
Nobody has said anything detrimental at all in having the surgery done.
I walk my neighborhood every morning, so hope to stay ok in that department.
Keep my fingers crossed, on the outcome.

Wow, geez, thanks a lot people.
Wouldn't of had a clew i would get these comments by posting Howdy Dooty, in a reply on this forum.

Your right, i mostly surf thru this section, without putting in a post.
Dunno why.
Just happened to have a picture of Howdy in my picture files, and the perfect opportunity was there.

Don't know if i should post this or not, as i really don't like to post personal issues on any of the web sites, but i most likely will be gone off these sites for awhile.

I have been diagnosed with a bad heart, that is requiring surgery.
I need a "valve job" and some artery work.
Have the big appointment with the people, doctor, at the hospital, Wednesday morning.
I'll know more about it then.
Surgery, 4 or 5 days in the ICU ward, maybe two weeks in a care facility hospital, then months of recovery with health care, at home.
I live alone, so the care issue still has to be worked out.

Anyone ever go thru heart surgery?
How did your recovery go?
That's what's got me concerned, more than the surgery itself.

Fell comfortable telling me, write me a pm.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x
I too live alone and understand your concerns. Worst case, let me know.. I'll come watch your back til you get thru it. Your bourbon bill will go through the roof tho!

Morning all. Had to get up to use the restroom now the :mad::soapbox::mad::BangHead: brain wont shut off.

Can't sleep.png

I've woke up 4 - 5 times already... I was expecting it to be around 5 Am, but it was only 2 am..... :BangHead:

Morning gents. I think I am still healing up from spending weekend with Zman! A balmy 36 degrees F here this morning. My hound was sure glad to see me. The cat treated me with total indifference for about an hour then caved and spent the evening burrowed in quilt on my lap purring like a machine. I know I have said it before on here but it bears repeating. Life is short, you get a chance to hang out with a couple of FABO guys for a Mopar event do the drive. It is time well spent, we always have a great time. It is worth the effort. A couple tanks of gas for priceless memories.

Good morning folks. One more day working on the house. Replaced all the fascia boards and trim and several sections of soffit that had some rot. Been a brutal Labor Day weekend. Down to caulk and repaint today.

Sound like it was fun. Funny how many people met through this thread.
Right Tike?
We just had a total blast all weekend. I know Tim struggles out where he is at, getting any traction for hanging out with FABO folks but whether it is up in the NE with all the Pa. mob or here in the flyover states, our out by Jaws in Co. folks sure seem to be willing to search out like minded creatures. This year was just a hot mess for car events, hopefully next year it will be sane again.

We just had a total blast all weekend. I know Tim struggles out where he is at, getting any traction for hanging out with FABO folks but whether it is up in the NE with all the Pa. mob or here in the flyover states, our out by Jaws in Co. folks sure seem to be willing to search out like minded creatures. This year was just a hot mess for car events, hopefully next year it will be sane again.
LOL Tims ben here a few times. So has Rick. Some guys just like to drive to Hoppy world! Think the first time most of us nut jobs met was here putting up my lift that did not show up so we partied hard that day

-
Back