Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, it appears the seal change on my transmission fixed the leak. Some residual oil/fluid that needs cleaned up, but there isn't a lake under the car after the test drive. Also, swapping from 3.23 to 3.91 really woke the car up. The car needs some "stab to WOT" tuning, but overall, I am pleased. Also, the Mr. Norms traction bar picture I posted on Saturday, is pretty cool stuff.

OK to shift gears here what is everyone up to today? I have a few things in the shop, nothing special though and mow the lawn.
I gotta run over to my office to sign our end of year stuff, DoD won’t accept digital signatures, so they’ve scheduled times for each of if you go solo to sign this.

then hopefully back in time to work on the dart some more.

OK to shift gears here what is everyone up to today? I have a few things in the shop, nothing special though and mow the lawn.
Still waiting on wetsanding and buffing on the GTS. Hope to have it back this week. Im running out of time. Will work on more trim assembly pieces today....

Bet the airlines will be happy about that. They have to be hurting.
not just airliners, but airplane manufacturers too, Airbus, Boein all hurting. I've got some stock in Delta, United, and American. all of which i bought in April after they fell way way down, 80-90% in some cases from their 10 yr averages. I just hope they stay afloat long enough for those stocks to rebound.

Wow, geez, thanks a lot people.
Wouldn't of had a clew i would get these comments by posting Howdy Dooty, in a reply on this forum.

Your right, i mostly surf thru this section, without putting in a post.
Dunno why.
Just happened to have a picture of Howdy in my picture files, and the perfect opportunity was there.

Don't know if i should post this or not, as i really don't like to post personal issues on any of the web sites, but i most likely will be gone off these sites for awhile.

I have been diagnosed with a bad heart, that is requiring surgery.
I need a "valve job" and some artery work.
Have the big appointment with the people, doctor, at the hospital, Wednesday morning.
I'll know more about it then.
Surgery, 4 or 5 days in the ICU ward, maybe two weeks in a care facility hospital, then months of recovery with health care, at home.
I live alone, so the care issue still has to be worked out.

Anyone ever go thru heart surgery?
How did your recovery go?
That's what's got me concerned, more than the surgery itself.

Fell comfortable telling me, write me a pm.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x
Jim, I had open heart surgery July of last year. I really didn't know I had a problem until my doctor heard my noisy heart valve. I got it checked and found out I needed a bypass as well. I considered the surgery a everyday job that the professional surgeons and staff do daily so I wasn't worried about it. They knew what was wrong and how to fix it. Something they do over a thousand times a year. I was in ICU for a day, in recovery for almost 3 days. When I started eating, pooping, peeing and walking they turned me loose. I went home and within a few days was walking around the house and soon around the neighborhood. At 6 weeks I started cardiac rehab which was a great program. I was pretty much back to better than normal after 8-10 weeks. You got this. It's not necessarily a cake walk but looking back it wasn't really bad at all.

Wow, geez, thanks a lot people.
Wouldn't of had a clew i would get these comments by posting Howdy Dooty, in a reply on this forum.

Your right, i mostly surf thru this section, without putting in a post.
Dunno why.
Just happened to have a picture of Howdy in my picture files, and the perfect opportunity was there.

Don't know if i should post this or not, as i really don't like to post personal issues on any of the web sites, but i most likely will be gone off these sites for awhile.

I have been diagnosed with a bad heart, that is requiring surgery.
I need a "valve job" and some artery work.
Have the big appointment with the people, doctor, at the hospital, Wednesday morning.
I'll know more about it then.
Surgery, 4 or 5 days in the ICU ward, maybe two weeks in a care facility hospital, then months of recovery with health care, at home.
I live alone, so the care issue still has to be worked out.

Anyone ever go thru heart surgery?
How did your recovery go?
That's what's got me concerned, more than the surgery itself.

Fell comfortable telling me, write me a pm.
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x
Jim,
While I certainly can’t speak for other folks I can tell you my father had open heart valve work and triple bypass done about two years ago. I think just before TMM had his done. My father had very similar result. The effects of the surgery were both immediate and life changing. Even the color of his skin improved. Literally everything about his life was dramatically impacted very positively. There is no way to quantify it but I am guessing the surgery added twenty years of good living to his life. He was not the worlds best candidate. He has now lost quite a bit of weight and has started an exercise regime with the new found energy the surgery provided him. Pay attention to what the Doctors tell you and do what they tell you to do. This is one of those events they simply know more than you do. They do it every single day and they know what works and what doesn’t. This is not the kind of surgery to be hard headed or determined to do it your way. The folks in the cardio wards are the best there is, listen to them. My father can walk and walk now, he does not struggle to breathe etc etc. You will be fine, while it is a no fun event the hardiest part is getting out of bed tethered to all the tubes! You will feel so much better post surgery. Good luck Sir.

I saw that a two day indoor show and masked required...no thanks!!
Yeh, I guess that would make it suck a bit. It does suck all day at work. Had a few people at my yard sale wearing them. I didn't. One woman with 2 kids had them on. Didn't buy anything. They wanted a couple things and she wouldn't get them. Crossed my mind that maybe she didn't want to deal with me not wearing a mask.
no, it'll end shortly after november's election.
'They' cant end it too quick. We will all kose trust in the government. Oh wait, nobody trusts them now.Nevermind...

Maybe, but I feel like it’s being hyped up a little bit here for the election. I’m not saying it’s full blown hype, but I think some of the things are. For example, why is it they claim no Covid spikes from thousands of people rioting all over the country, yet the news turns around and says beach goers are spiking cases or that a Trump rally caused a spike.
People aren't getting it outside on the beach. It's the parties and stuff where they get together inside and packing together on the boardwalk.

The trim???
@halifaxhops Mitch didn't lose his trim. He just can't get there right now.

Good Morning

Yeh, I guess that would make it suck a bit. It does suck all day at work. Had a few people at my yard sale wearing them. I didn't. One woman with 2 kids had them on. Didn't buy anything. They wanted a couple things and she wouldn't get them. Crossed my mind that maybe she didn't want to deal with me not wearing a mask.

'They' cant end it too quick. We will all kose trust in the government. Oh wait, nobody trusts them now.Nevermind...

People aren't getting it outside on the beach. It's the parties and stuff where they get together inside and packing together on the boardwalk.

@halifaxhops Mitch didn't lose his trim. He just can't get there right now.

Good Morning
Our car club is pretty happy. We didn't hear of any reports of COVID from people that attended Mopar Maxx.

-
Back