Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Twister Tuesday!

twistertuesdayII.jpg

Good Morning

Very similar outcome this last weekend at South Dakota show. Our wives have now agreed we should not be left alone with a cooler. I think Craig’s wife even has some blackmail photos!
Did you guys get scalded?

Not close enough to make us leave, but yes, several BIG fires. One called the valley fire......18k acres 2 percent contained...

The entire borate bunch that camps out here in summer has fleed the scene. The DC10 left middle of last week and the little ones bolted Sunday. That one in Yosemite got real big real fast.

I have to say, those field reporters from The Weather Channel are just as careless around fires as they are at hurricanes. The knothead was at that Yosemite fire, he and his crew weren't 30' away from a fully engulfed pine tree. Burning debris falling, wind blowing, sparks flying, and he's got his dust mask on and his microphone. Oy Vey. :BangHead:

I have to say, those field reporters from The Weather Channel are just as careless around fires as they are at hurricanes. The knothead was at that Yosemite fire, he and his crew weren't 30' away from a fully engulfed pine tree. Burning debris falling, wind blowing, sparks flying, and he's got his dust mask on and his microphone. Oy Vey. :BangHead:
Got to get that story!

Morning coffee drinkers. As John has posted we had a great time. Our wives were not much supervision at all. As John said they left us with a big old bottle of vodka. Their quick run to the store lasted a couple hours. Oh well we enjoyed ourselves...a lot...most of that big bottle. A short evening, we’d started early after all that windshield time getting there. It was fun, I’d do it again...I think

Last edited:
Legends in their own minds :realcrazy:
They have to "one up" the other news companies by getting closer or more real or gory photos. Just like the person that falls off a cliff getting that "over the top" selfie. Impressive but it was their last one!

Thought about stopping at the car wash yesterday to give the black Express some love. Glad I hesitated. This morning it has a light coating of ash. Closest fire is Monterey Co. some 200 miles away :realcrazy:

The Sprint Car event for KCRP in Bako is cancelled :BangHead:
They still have the "King of the Wing" in November on the books.
That might just happen since it's after the election :rofl:

-
Back