Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Tracking says Rumblefish's bead hone is out for delivery too but I won't hold my breath. LOL

I have stuff stuck in Philly again, some for ten days!

I had some fuses stuck in a postal center in PA for 3 days...

THey came yesterday also... Now I can try to troubleshoot the engine harness in the lawn mower...

Tell us how you really feel...:lol:

You're only as young as the woman you feel... :D

And right now, I'm feeling pretty good.... :p

Feel it.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning folks, made the 2 1/2 hr trip to Summit Racing in Sparks NV for some carb jets. No one local carries more than a set or two. I need 8 at a time. Hopefully make some progress on this tune today. Now just waiting for them to open.

Maybe it stopped for a Philly Steak & Cheese samwich.... :popcorn:

oh that sounds really good

There's a joint here in town that makes a Philly Cheese Steak burrito :D Very tasty.
There must be some specific native condiment that gets added to Cheese Steaks in Pa, but that knowledge is unavailable on this coast.

On to other studs. Second broken one went off kilter too:mob: so another heli-coil. I hope they hold. This thing is really getting the better of me.

Manifold in, starter in, engine back on its mount,
Ac compressor to bolt back up and fender liner and wheel. Will fire it up, if it sounds good im not replacing other one. He wanted both done. Nope. Thats the last manifold im doing on a furd.

Good morning folks, made the 2 1/2 hr trip to Summit Racing in Sparks NV for some carb jets. No one local carries more than a set or two. I need 8 at a time. Hopefully make some progress on this tune today. Now just waiting for them to open.
Man I hear ya, I still got one of them small fishing tackle box’s filled with jets and the all essential handy dandy jet tool that I always take to the track. The jet thing is what finally drove me to make the swap to EFI on race car. When I moved up here to Fargo the temperature swings on race day were nuts, it was nothing to have 40 degree swings over course of the day. For the record I am simply not a super carb guy tuner! Long story short I pussed out and went EFI. Oh yeah super repeatable and she starts every time. I gave a super nice race carb that was polished and worked to the point of being art to one of our FABO members for a hot dog and a beer at next race! Long live EFI

Any problems getting supplies? I hear bullets are a bit tough now days.
Supplies right now are just plain impossible, primers are the worst. One of us foresaw the present climate and has a “bit” of inventory for supplies! I can weather the storm of panic buying. Primers have literally disappeared.

Manifold in, starter in, engine back on its mount,
Ac compressor to bolt back up and fender liner and wheel. Will fire it up, if it sounds good im not replacing other one. He wanted both done. Nope. Thats the last manifold im doing on a furd.
You just have to take your time and charge accordingly. Were some broke off below the surface? There's a guy around my parts with a portable tig. He charges $100 for the trip and one stud removal. $50 for each additional. You sublet his charges on the ticket and charge the customer something for tying up the hoist. Those 5.4's and V10's can easily get to $1000 repair bill. Oh well. You either get paid well for all the hassle or you scare them off. That's a win/win either way.

Supplies right now are just plain impossible, primers are the worst. One of us foresaw the present climate and has a “bit” of inventory for supplies! I can weather the storm of panic buying. Primers have literally disappeared.
I have a friend that started reloading for his own use. Bowling pin shoots! He won many competitions and started selling his reloads. Soon he had a thriving business and started selling accessories and gun parts. This was just before the internet. He advertised in Guns and Ammo magazine and the like. Ernie Hill Speed Leather was a big seller for him. He made so much money he bought a Subway franchise in town early in their history. He and his partners own 6 or 7 stores now. A success story for sure.

Same here. I learned my lesson in 2013. When stuff normalized, I made it a habit to stock up

I have a friend that started reloading for his own use. Bowling pin shoots! He won many competitions and started selling his reloads. Soon he had a thriving business and started selling accessories and gun parts. This was just before the internet. He advertised in Guns and Ammo magazine and the like. Ernie Hill Speed Leather was a big seller for him. He made so much money he bought a Subway franchise in town early in their history. He and his partners own 6 or 7 stores now. A success story for sure.
thats an awesome story
Gotta have a class 5 license from the ATF now. I think that’s 3,000 if I remember right.

He still has the shooters supply business:
Denny's Shooters Supply, Inc - New Frontier Armory

-
Back