Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Amana got bought out by Whirlpool as well. Lennox is still made in Marshalltown and the large Deere tractors are still made here in Waterloo.
We used to make Dart Trucks here a hundred years ago

Amana got bought out by Whirlpool as well. Lennox is still made in Marshalltown and the large Deere tractors are still made here in Waterloo.
We used to make Dart Trucks here a hundred years ago
Yur givin Chris waaay too many things to think about..........

Never liked that store...
Home Depot, Best Buy, Lowes - all have Maytag
We don't buy from anybody that doesn't service what they sell. Of course, our last appliance was a front loader washer. Got it from Sears.
:BangHead::BangHead: Oh well, it has been a good one and we have a great appliance repairman here in town.

Never liked that store...
Home Depot, Best Buy, Lowes - all have Maytag
Wonder if is a regional thing, cause they’re not in stores here. Basically it’s GE, Whirlpool, LG and a few off brand things.

We don't buy from anybody that doesn't service what they sell. Of course, our last appliance was a front loader washer. Got it from Sears.
:BangHead::BangHead: Oh well, it has been a good one and we have a great appliance repairman here in town.
This one is going on 7 years old and it’s second tub bearing and seal. Apparently the genius engineers are whirlpool didn’t think to design the bearing to be sealed from water and basically the drain path runs between the bearing and the seal. Causing the bearing to rust and seize up

This one is going on 7 years old and it’s second tub bearing and seal. Apparently the genius engineers are whirlpool didn’t think to design the bearing to be sealed from water and basically the drain path runs between the bearing and the seal. Causing the bearing to rust and seize up
7 years old is not very old for a washer....IMO.

I get your intention, but I have always fixed my own unless under warranty. And in that case you get whoever the company dispatches. Probably not a guy from your store.

I replaced the bearing, spider etc in our LG front load, but I think that was past 10 years or would have been warranty

We have lived here for 30 years and the kitchen was remodeled years before we moved in. The frig is a sub Zero and still has R12 in it. The dishwsher is a Kitchen Aid and the stove/oven is a Amana.I bet the stuff is 50 years old. It all works but it's time for replacement. The new ones will only las 5-10 years.

Just got word, Our car club Christmas party will be at The Screaming Eagle. Que @ZMan67S and @Sublime one . Jonsey said he would make a couple different cheesecakes. He is getting pretty crazy with the flavors. His last creation was "frosted animal cracker". That sounds pretty wild.

We have lived here for 30 years and the kitchen was remodeled years before we moved in. The frig is a sub Zero and still has R12 in it. The dishwsher is a Kitchen Aid and the stove/oven is a Amana.I bet the stuff is 50 years old. It all works but it's time for replacement. The new ones will only las 5-10 years.
New stuff is either disposable or designed for parts swapper to fix. Not many repair people left that can do much more than that. More complex stuff has self diagnostics anyway.

New stuff is either disposable or designed for parts swapper to fix. Not many repair people left that can do much more than that. More complex stuff has self diagnostics anyway.
This one has a damn computer on it too

Wonder if is a regional thing, cause they’re not in stores here. Basically it’s GE, Whirlpool, LG and a few off brand things.

7 years old is not very old for a washer....IMO.

I went through 3 G.E. washers in 6 years when I moved here... Don't buy G.E. top loader washers... Design flaw the suspension goes out if you don't balance the load...

After the third G.E. broke and I was shopping for new ones, I found 3 out of 7 floor models already had the bad suspension in the tub on the showroom floor... How bad is it when your floor model is already broken???

My Maytag has a sensor that test spins the load when it first starts to check for balance... They designed the G.E flaw out of their washer....

05588_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=a4lBgL8ElB4AX_V0SWF&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-1.jpg

-
Back