Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I”m such an asshole...
Nah...I don't much like people who can't read either....When I quote a side job doing work on cars and people whine I tell them to take it somewhere else and pay more because, i have an actual job and just do this **** on the side. I make a good living and, don't need to do it or work on their car....usually they drop off the car that same day...lol

Obviously you forgot to change your closed sign to open. :BangHead:
Some people just need to be beaten with a steel pipe.
We have a warehouse monkey who needs a good pummeling. I call him our resident idiot. Has zero concern for anyone else, only worries about himself, his next smoke break, and getting to the bar. Leaves **** for everyone else to deal with daily and the manager doesn't do a damned thing about it. I think it's time to look for a new job.

Nah...I don't much like people who can't read either....When I quote a side job doing work on cars and people whine I tell them to take it somewhere else and pay more because, i have an actual job and just do this **** on the side. I make a good living and, don't need to do it or work on their car....usually they drop off the car that same day...lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly why I stopped taking side jobs, too many people who have no clue.

I stopped for a few years but, i thought it would be a good way to teach my son some things. I made him a deal that if he helped on any paying job in the garage that i would pay him. That way he can put some money in his pocket and, learn a few things. That worked for a while but then enters his drivers license and girls....lol. Oh what its like to be young!!!

I have managed to filter most of them out. A few dont get the hint. This guy today is as cheap as the day is long. I always quote high,and he goes away for a while. Think my next go-round with him will be telling him to go elsewhere.

Nothing ever goes as planned. Did get home late. But wanted to make sure the console was good to go. Had cleaned it previously. But I didn't like the look of the black centerline. Gets an applique by DMT on top to finish it off. Then glue the new carpet to it and install.. TOMORROW.....
PXL_20201117_202522350.jpg
PXL_20201117_204643381.jpg

As a welder I have invested in some pricey tools, Heli arc etc etc. Folks bring in cast aluminum or Magnesium I weld it up hand them a fair bill and they often reply it only took you less than an hour to weld it? My reply is “ Well it took me twenty years to learn how to weld it in an hour” I basically only weld now for friends and family, I just don’t need the practice.

So my buddy approached me about trading for my Sublime Scat Pack 2015 I am seriously considering it as he wants to trade his Charger for it. Only problem is I prefer the 68s. This one is a 70 with 440 and a 4 speed. Many of the 440 parts came from my Cuda.What is the general consensus? Trade or no trade?

EB9CD55B-291A-4C6D-817B-B21FA86DBC7B.jpeg

02504154-3AFC-4310-8C5F-F2B54DC98387.jpeg

4238B141-FDA4-4E4A-80C8-4C6DE4DB4BE7.jpeg

0FEC71E7-DEE9-4C67-94EC-E021B8B11E3B.jpeg

So my buddy approached me about trading for my Sublime Scat Pack 2015 I am seriously considering it as he wants to trade his Charger for it. Only problem is I prefer the 68s. This one is a 70 with 440 and a 4 speed. Many of the 440 parts came from my Cuda.What is the general consensus? Trade or no trade?

View attachment 1715632095

View attachment 1715632096

View attachment 1715632097

View attachment 1715632098
What are you waiting for??

Someone will trade you a 68 for the 70, you probably won't find anyone willing to trade you a 68 for the fiat

I like 70's , but I am more of a purist. I would prefer the original Chrome on the car. JMHO...........

I still don't understand why people black out chrome like that. Only thing I can think of is one of two reasons or maybe both

1. I like fast and furious thrashiness
2. I can't afford nice chrome

I still don't understand why people black out chrome like that. Only thing I can think of is one of two reasons or maybe both

Well or they could just like the color contrast? Pretty sure I can afford a chrome bumper or two and I have not watched any of the fast and furious movies so not totally sure about that reference? I just plain like the way it looks?

DBA31384-3B9B-4DBF-B195-5D6814AB2CB1.jpeg

I think back to the fun we had in the 68 charger my buddy had. 440 open headers on av gas. It was a blast!

Some of those bumpers were never chrome, some are fiberglass. And it’s a pita to chrome fiberglass

Trade! You can always get another widebody. Old iron in good shape is a little harder to come by..

So here is my not chrome fiberglass bumper!

View attachment 1715632135
And if you look close, in an effort to become street legal I had to add headlights! Chris and Frank might appreciate them. As I looked around the shop, I had a couple left over dump wagon lights from harvest season sitting on the bench. During harvest those lights always get creamed so we all got to where we would carry a few in our trucks for middle of the night field repair in the rain! Hah!

-
Back