Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My wife swipped this of the local coroner's Facebook page. For all intents and purposes he is a real stand up guy. Just thought I would share.

63990.jpeg

Ok,now show us your pistons!
Looks like a clean engine so far.

Cylinders are getting surface rusted a bit but I think this engine was rebuilt some time ago and then not taken care of after awhile. When I got it, it was sitting under a car port, somewhat in the elements

The gouge is in the carbon not the piston

20201118_175719.jpg

A little honing and wd-40.should clean right up! Much ridge at top of cylinder?

Dang, I love slants. People like to criticize them by I think the majority of people who had slants didn't know how to tune them in because it's nothing like a v8

Dang, I love slants. People like to criticize them by I think the majority of people who had slants didn't know how to tune them in because it's nothing like a v8
I like v8’s but there is nothing wrong with a good running slant 6. If i had a good running slant/at i wouldnt think twice about plopping it in my fargo. That is if the flattie crapped the bed..

Wow! 10:30. Way past my bedtime.
I have been bombing a thread with failed parts photos.i take pictures for evidence, especially wierd failures. So i have lots.

Still up in the air here. You would think watching the news would help the wife decide.

It’s not that.
There’s nothing wrong with a good running slant. But they’re limited on power. And considering most people in this hobby are in it for the muscle of muscle cars, it’s no wonder why many dismiss them.

Send off the grille today. I was planning on doing a couple oil changes today but tomorrow is supposed to be a nicer day by 10°. Tomorrow it is.

We're supposed to get into the low 60's for today and tomorrow, but they are predicting 45 MPH wind gusts for today....

I guess that's why we are called the "Windy City"....

Friday should be a good day for outside work... :D

-
Back