Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Whoever thought it was a good idea to fill new cars with 10mm bolts everywhere is evil. Like satan himself, evil.

4, 10 mm headed bolt, 3.5 inches long, holding the a/c compressor on. Corroded and need BIG TIME torque to break. Well, I don't have a 1/2 drive socket that goes as small as 10mm

All the 10 mm wrenches are shorty sized.

Ugh. Then I finally get my hand between the fan assembly and a/c compressor (front wheel drive car) to find out someone rounded the bolt head of the hardest one to get to.

New cars and 10mm bolt heads. Evil i tell you, evil

Do you have a 1/2" to 3/8 drive adapter so you can use a 3/8 drive 10 mm on the 1/2" drive ratchet???

No tool set is complete without some... :poke:

Cylinders are getting surface rusted a bit but I think this engine was rebuilt some time ago and then not taken care of after awhile. When I got it, it was sitting under a car port, somewhat in the elements

The gouge is in the carbon not the piston

View attachment 1715632832

A little honing and wd-40.should clean right up! Much ridge at top of cylinder?

She may be able to get away with a round wire brush on a drill to clean up the cylinders and piston... I've done that with a few engines with success... Be sure to vacuum and blow out any debris with compressed air and then lube the cylinders with some STP or Motor Honey...

Oh boy oh boy it's thong Thursday

Fat guy by Pool 05.jpg

Morning! coffee is good!
put air jack together and then back to catching up, haul out some scrap and tire carcasses today.

Now see...you blame Hoppy Karl. And you put your picture on and Hoppy puts our favorite Hoppy girl

-
Back