Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Every June, with the exception of this past June, there’s an antique tractor parade throughout the entire county. As they drive along, more and more tractors join in. She should finally be able to do the entire trip now.
I don't have a tractor but I would love to go on a tractor ride. You can see the countryside at 12 mph. Not so much cruising at 65 in a Dart. LOL

Every June, with the exception of this past June, there’s an antique tractor parade throughout the entire county. As they drive along, more and more tractors join in. She should finally be able to do the entire trip now.
I see some money was spent, other than paint stuff. New tires too. They aint cheap.

I don't have a tractor but I would love to go on a tractor ride. You can see the countryside at 12 mph. Not so much cruising at 65 in a Dart. LOL
When i bought my 1952 cockshutt, i drove it 35 miles home. But in the big wheel it clips along at 20 something mph.
Rust in the tank, had to stop after every hard bump in the road,blow back into tank to clear the screen. Its a good old tractor, but a beast to run.

When i bought my 1952 cockshutt, i drove it 35 miles home. But in the big wheel it clips along at 20 something mph.
Rust in the tank, had to stop after every hard bump in the road,blow back into tank to clear the screen. Its a good old tractor, but a beast to run.
My uncle had a Farmall F20 with a Chevy 6 in it. With a overdrive it was dangerous at 20+. LOL

You can get an antique tractor relatively cheap. A model 60 pulls in maybe 5k, restored. There are some models that are rare and cost bigger dollars but the most expensive is one of 4 made and it sold for 25,000

I see some money was spent, other than paint stuff. New tires too. They aint cheap.
New tires for the back. 545 a piece. Fronts were replaced at some point by the Po and weren’t dry rotted and crumbling like the old rears. The rears were so old, no date code on them. So pre 1970

You can get an antique tractor relatively cheap. A model 60 pulls in maybe 5k, restored. There are some models that are rare and cost bigger dollars but the most expensive is one of 4 made and it sold for 25,000
Or a UDLX. All are spoken for and go for big bucks. The Hemi Cuda of Minneapolis Moline.
JD was built in town and most Olivers were made in Charles City just 45 min. north. There was a lot of implements made around here. Even Dart trucks and Maytag cars.

I would have some old iron if I lived on a acreage and had place to keep them. (them) LOL

The vintage Ford 8n I learned on wasn't very vintage when I learnt :lol:

th?id=OIP.jpg

The only thing that really worries me is I’m afraid of the memories this may have brought back that night.

see there was a bad tragic accident involving what I’ve long suspected was a model 60. It happened in 1957. Way before my time. My grandfather was supposedly backing a hay wagon and his younger, 4 yr old brother got killed. Now the family story has always placed the blame on my grandfather and said he’d ran over his brother. Well about 18 months ago, I was combing thru archives at the county library on something unrelated and stumbled into the county’s coroner reports and found the report from it. His brother wasn’t ran over. His neck had snapped in a whiplash motion.
From a pair of hired farm hands eye witness accounts, the little guy had been chasing a loose chicken and ran head long into the iron wheel of the parked tractor. The tractor my grandfather had just parked. It wasn’t his fault based on these reports.

anyway, no one has ever said what tractor it was. However, we do know they only had one tractor at the time, their first ever, and from other stories, they’d saved for 3 years to buy a model 60 after it came out. Now it debuted in 1954.

We also know they got rid of the tractor involved in the accident soon after, traded it for a Minneapolis Moline propane tractor.

for years, my grandfather was obsessed with finding a Model 60.
So that makes a circumstantial case for the model 60 being that said type of tractor.

Good morning, hope everyone has a good day, I think I will stay in today....
I did get the new hood cut for my 57 Rocket runabout Feather Craft..
A rainy warm 52 today.

Or a UDLX. All are spoken for and go for big bucks. The Hemi Cuda of Minneapolis Moline.
JD was built in town and most Olivers were made in Charles City just 45 min. north. There was a lot of implements made around here. Even Dart trucks and Maytag cars.
I was referring to the most expensive model 60.

that said, there’s a lot of tractors from that era that cost in the 6 figure range.

I was referring to the most expensive model 60.

that said, there’s a lot of tractors from that era that cost in the 6 figure range.
Some of the high tracks and orchard tractors bring pretty good money. I watch tractor auctions on RFD TV often. It is a fun hobby. You need a machine shed though. You can't just own 1. LOL

Some of the high tracks and orchard tractors bring pretty good money. I watch tractor auctions on RFD TV often. It is a fun hobby. You need a machine shed though. You can't just own 1. LOL
Sure you can. My father in law has just one... a Ford N

So I’m thinking I’ll try painting my 440 and get it ready to assemble. Question is, what color ? Hemi orange or Chrysler Turquoise? Or Chrysler Red?

Hope they can get here fixed up Rob. Prayers sent.

So do I , Mike. Thanks. And than you to everyone. She has had "some" kind of "heart rhythm palpitation" issue since as long as I can remember. Even back to when we were children. I've heard though that "a little" of that is considered normal, as the hear is a bio-electrical organ. I haven't heard anything since last night. Fixin to call my brother in law in a bit.

-
Back