Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
12f here. Clear and bright in the moonlight.

I put the moon in moonlight...
carrot.gif

Man the mail sucks. I got a call for a place I used to finance some new windows, sent the check on the 3rd they still did not receive it!

There was a real one just down the road in an old junk yard. The old guy wouldn't sell anything. Then he died his son came in and scraped it all. I tried talking to him to buy some other things and he wouldn't sell either. It was in a rough condition but it was possibly still restorable. I tried to buy a Hemi engine....I am sure it is all melted down by now.

There was a junk yard near here back in the old days that had some cool cars, even had a plumb crazy purple Challenger with a tree growing through it... We asked if we could buy parts from him and he refused to sell anything... :mob:

It turns out that he died in the 90's and that yard was a front for a chop shop... :wtf:

No wonder he wouldn't let anybody in...
luvplace.gif

Man the mail sucks. I got a call for a place I used to finance some new windows, sent the check on the 3rd they still did not receive it!

As soon as you put a replacement check in the mail, the first one will show up shortly...
luvplace.gif

I have not even recieved the new bill yet and it is due on the 10th! I dont trust paying them online. Friend got hacked and they drained his account.

I have not even recieved the new bill yet and it is due on the 10th! I dont trust paying them online. Friend got hacked and they drained his account.
I don't pay any bill online especially a single payment bill. I call and they take a credit card or PayPal or we don't do business.
I know its still a crap shoot. but I feel better.

I don't pay any bill online especially a single payment bill. I call and they take a credit card or PayPal or we don't do business.
I know its still a crap shoot. but I feel better.

I have a separate account I use for paypal and online transactions (on the rare occasion that I do buy on line)....

I transfer just enough money or slightly more to cover my purchases into that account right before I make the transaction.... That way if I get hacked, they can't spend more than $20 or less on me if they do...

My checking account was hacked a few years back. Luckily I caught it on the statement and the bank was very helpful rectifying the the problem. I paid someone's utility bill in Nevada :eek:. I don't have any check destinations in Nevada let alone know anyone there :wtf:.

I won't come in your mouth...

I didn't sleep with your sister...

That dress doesn't make you look fat...

The check is in the mail...

(the most often told lies....) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not only me either alot of others they said are having the same issue.
Tuesday I got a bill for my wife’s ultrasound back in August. The bill was printed on 9/9/2020, post marked 9/10/2020 and finally came in on 12/29/2020.
The funniest part of all... the bill was for 39 cents. Come to find out too, we’d paid it in October at her check up so it wasn’t even on the books anymore

Tuesday I got a bill for my wife’s ultrasound back in August. The bill was printed on 9/9/2020, post marked 9/10/2020 and finally came in on 12/29/2020.
The funniest part of all... the bill was for 39 cents. Come to find out too, we’d paid it in October at her check up so it wasn’t even on the books anymore

When my youngest son turned 18 and I paid my last child support check, I made sure to over pay by one dollar... They sent me a refund check for that $1 and I never cashed it...

That way they can't accuse me of being short and not paying it.... :mob:

I should have framed that refund check and hung it on the wall...

The last child support payment is a milestone for any divorced guy, we look forward to it....
stars.gif

That brings up an interesting thought, if it’s taking weeks and months to get bills, how many people are getting wrongfully turned over to collections for bills they didn’t know were floating about?

When my youngest son turned 18 and I paid my last child support check, I made sure to over pay by one dollar... They sent me a refund check for that $1 and I never cashed it...

That way they can't accuse me of being short and not paying it.... :mob:

I should have framed that refund check and hung it on the wall...

The last child support payment is a milestone for any divorced guy, we look forward to it.... View attachment 1715660384
I’d done the same thing

-
Back