Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ha

2AD1E1EC-C02A-4AA0-A8EB-0D1A3B20C74B.jpeg

Then the Guard promoted me last year, finally, but to actually get the rank and pay, you have to attend a 22 day course. Either online or in person. They’re all online now, but still have limited slotting. Found out I was bumped from the course that was supposed to start Thursday because whoever put my reservation in, screwed up the coding for charge number. This makes the 4th time ive been bumped for reasons not of my own making. Oh and all the courses all full dating thru 2022...
That sucks but on a bright side a smart old GNYSGT marine told me once that if your the same rank twice your the ****!

Then the Guard promoted me last year, finally, but to actually get the rank and pay, you have to attend a 22 day course. Either online or in person. They’re all online now, but still have limited slotting. Found out I was bumped from the course that was supposed to start Thursday because whoever put my reservation in, screwed up the coding for charge number. This makes the 4th time ive been bumped for reasons not of my own making. Oh and all the courses all full dating thru 2022...
Get on the cancellation list. In this day and age someone always is.

Get on the cancellation list. In this day and age someone always is.
I’m on it. With it being online, they’re averaging 2 cancellations per class instead of 10 percent like they were. Right now, because I was accepted for a class and got dropped right before, I was taken off that list when I was originally approved for the course, so I’m at the very bottom of the list again. With several hundred in front of me:BangHead:

Its online why can't they over slot the course?? And who bumped you someone in your state?? If so I'd let your boss know a simple I'm trying to complete the course and remind them it isn't your fault. Knowledge is power in the military. You understand how it works, and sometimes we don't like it. It suck it up though and keep marching.

Its online why can't they over slot the course?? And who bumped you someone in your state?? If so I'd let your boss know a simple I'm trying to complete the course and remind them it isn't your fault. Knowledge is power in the military. You understand how it works, and sometimes we don't like it. It suck it up though and keep marching.
The first time was the state, the last two times were the NGB and this last one, haven’t been told who did the bumping but it sounds like the schoolhouse themselves did.

already talked to the Division CSM about it. Nothing anyone really can do.

as for overslotting, I have no idea why they won’t.

Finally found one. Man is that hard to find a slant muffler hanger. Who knew? I guess they all got tossed.
s-l1600.jpg

This morning was the weekly weigh in.
I lost two pounds last week for a total of 22 pounds in the last month.
Its been 20 years since I weighed this much. It feels great!!

This morning was the weekly weigh in.
I lost two pounds last week for a total of 22 pounds in the last month.
Its been 20 years since I weighed this much. It feels great!!
Yeah but I’m guessing you didn’t wanna lose it the way you did

The first time was the state, the last two times were the NGB and this last one, haven’t been told who did the bumping but it sounds like the schoolhouse themselves did.

already talked to the Division CSM about it. Nothing anyone really can do.

as for overslotting, I have no idea why they won’t.
Just keeping the CSM informed that's all your doing.

No it wasn't a recommended diet plan, but it got it going and I'll go with it.
I'm not sure how much I want to loose. I need to me reasonable with it.

Just keeping the CSM informed that's all your doing.
Well I think it will eventually rear its ugly head. See it’s a big retention problem state wide. It’s been a problem ever since Indiana willingly chose to let their certification to host the course expire due to budget cutting measures.

Well not having taste or smell helped get the loss going. When I was in the hospital Covid fired up my blood sugar to 366. I've never had a problem with it. Covid attacks in many different ways.

I read up on it especially since the doctor has me checking my blood sugar once a day for a month. I've used that to see what foods spikes my blood sugar. The only thing I found so far is a midnight snack. What I have gained from it is portion size, very helpful to see how much food will spike the blood sugar.

I now basically eat like a diabetic cutting out bread, fries, chips, diet pop, and a huge portion of my daily peanut butter intake...haha!! I'm back in the gym. cardio tennis, and its working. I feel even when I get the taste and smell back it will not affect the eating habits that I've developed.

Last edited:
Well not having taste or smell helped get the loss going. When I was in the hospital Covid fired up my blood sugar to 366. I've never had a problem with it. Covid attacks in many different ways.

I read up on it especially since the doctor has me checking my blood sugar once a day for a month. I've used that to see what foods spikes my blood sugar. The only thing I found so far is a midnight snack. What I have gained from it is portion size, very helpful to see how much food will spike the blood sugar.

I now basically eat like a diabetic cutting out bread, fries, chips, diet pop, and a huge portion of my daily peanut butter intake...haha!! I'm back in the gym. cardio tennis, and its working. I feel even when I get the taste and smell back it will not affect the eating habits that I've developed.
Guess there’s some good to come if it then!

Wow it is going to ILL. I wish it had frequent flier miles on it!

January 3, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
January 1, 2021, 4:48 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 31, 2020, 10:43 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 27, 2020, 2:20 pm
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 27, 2020, 3:36 am
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 17, 2020, 4:32 am
TALLAHASSEE FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 16, 2020, 11:58 pm
TALLAHASSEE FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 14, 2020, 4:35 pm
Departed Post Office
HALIFAX, PA 17032
December 14, 2020, 10:37 am
USPS in possession of item
HALIFAX, PA 17032
December 11, 2020, 6:19 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HALIFAX, PA 17032

More like it's going on a world tour... :rolleyes:

I’m curious to see if this vaccine stuff actually works or if it’s like the flu shot where it works to a point but you can still get it.
The latter is appearing to be true so far, according to one of the Indy tv stations, 42 percent of people taking the vaccines so far have ended up testing positive within 2 weeks of getting it. Some with symptoms some without.

they’re also saying it can take months for ones body to actually develop an immunity to it with the vaccine. And during that time, people are still at risk.

Did you get a boo-boo on your pee-pee??? :eek:

No, at least that didn't go wrong, so you got that going for you.... :D
No but I burnt my hands on Sunday. 2nd degree rope burns. Had a big draft horse freak out during its training and tried to drag me but ended just yanking the rope thru my hands before I could let go. Ouch

I'm still here. Was away from the laptop all day. Bought a transit card at the convivence store, and checked out the subway system. They have a very good system here, like 20 different lines. Had to change lines at one station, but made it ok for the first time. Went down to Iteawon , which is a party area. But too early. Doesn't get going until dark. Did find a smoke lounge, to get out of the cold, and have a cigar and a beer. Was HAPPY !!!!
View attachment 1715664078 View attachment 1715664081 View attachment 1715664083 View attachment 1715664085 View attachment 1715664089 View attachment 1715664090

They spell English letters backwards.... No wonder it's hard to understand them... :BangHead: :poke:

VN01.jpg

I’m curious to see if this vaccine stuff actually works or if it’s like the flu shot where it works to a point but you can still get it.
The latter is appearing to be true so far, according to one of the Indy tv stations, 42 percent of people taking the vaccines so far have ended up testing positive within 2 weeks of getting it. Some with symptoms some without.

they’re also saying it can take months for ones body to actually develop an immunity to it with the vaccine. And during that time, people are still at risk.
Well remember its a two shot vaccine to be effective. From what I've read and the talk of heard immunity I feel its not like a yearly flu shot, but more like a polio or shingles vaccine.

You're up **** creek....

-
Back