Stop in for a cup of coffee

-

Breakfast.jpg

Guys, we are always happy to help. This was a shortblock only. Not something we completely assembled and dyno'd here. We will of course send gaskets, silicon, etc. Sucks it leaks, but I don't know how much it is. You don't have to completely tear the engine down. You can usually get them in without taking the main cap loose. So we are talking a pan gasket, and re torquing some bolts...
Pm responded to.
You have to at the minimum take out the seal retainer. Which in the small block is the rear main cap. I don’t see how you can get the old seal out and the new one in with out pulling that cap. Which means another torque cycle on the main bolts/studs. That said, it’s not that bad of a job outside the car, BUT I also can see why he’s not happy. Especially given the money involved.

I picked up this grinder yesterday, Napa guy says they've done pretty good. Still didn't see the attachment I was looking for but picked up a couple things. Thanks all for the recommendations!

IMG_2008 (1).jpg

And Good Morning to YOU.
A busy place here this morning. I like it!!
2770047_9be9b6aec8e47b8e32ebd8c4e1f4912b.jpg

Last edited:
There is a surplus place here that has a flap wheel in different grits. Never seen a stone or composite type but I am sure they make them 3"?

Where do you buy your attachments? I'm looking for a grinder wheel, thicker one piece, not the sanding pad type I show there. Napa didn't have.
Tractor supply. Dewault brand for grinding and cut off wheels

-
Back