Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning Frank, much warmer here I am thinking shorts and flip flops, only -13F here. Much colder at your house! Well today is the day, after almost 4 years of stuffing this modern Hemi in the
Demon I am finally ready to try and start it. Wiring and plumbing is all done. Not a single shred or remnant of original wire. If I can just get the Holley EFI to talk to the Dakota Dash to talk to the turfy mother Mopar motor she should just fire right up right? Shop is warming up, some soft Cat Steven’s on jams. Bottle of single malt standing by for toast if I can finally get it to run. This swap is not for the feint hearted and truly on the edge of my abilities.

View attachment 1715684556
I like Cat Stevens.
One of my favorites.

Never knew they made these in 3". I have a few in 4" and they last forever.
Z1wGI0mcpEx_.JPG

I think I bought air saw blades from Lenox, they held up, thanks!

yep, I have never knew what a turbo going out did till that picture
That wasn’t from a turbo, that was from him following my wife’s old Durango Monday morning :rofl: I’m still in shock the dealer took that thing and at the price they did. Score! They just verified the vin, shut the door and said here, 4500 bucks. I was only hoping for 500-1000

I picked up this grinder yesterday, Napa guy says they've done pretty good. Still didn't see the attachment I was looking for but picked up a couple things. Thanks all for the recommendations!

View attachment 1715684560
I dont prefer the hook/loop pads, rolock is way better. Will take the abuse. If you arent paying attention and the disc flys off, you can burn up the holder.

Or when they leak internally and the diesel runs away.
I had that happen on the dyno cell on a customers truck. You don’t know scary sounds until a 2000 hp pulling engine with 3 giant turbos fully spooled runs away. Luckily the boss man was able to grab an old metal coffee can and shove over the inducer housing to cut off air or it would have been a big boom

Where do you buy your attachments? I'm looking for a grinder wheel, thicker one piece, not the sanding pad type I show there. Napa didn't have.
I have a few grinding stones that chuck in my die grinder. All i have ever used them for is kbocking the ridge off brake drums,and the occasional weld grind. I have a 2” carbide wheel i use mostly for knocking welds down.

I have a few grinding stones that chuck in my die grinder. All i have ever used them for is kbocking the ridge off brake drums,and the occasional weld grind. I have a 2” carbide wheel i use mostly for knocking welds down.

I can see doing that and I have some. I guess I was thinking I needed to know they are 22,000 rpm rated. I don't trust the pads to stay on either, will make sure I'm wearing safety glasses.

-
Back