Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I got to use my die grinder some with the small wheel. It's great but using it showed me I need to have it inline with a water trap. I have one for the lift so will get a 20 foot or so air line with fittings, probably should have had that in the first place. I'll probably oil up all my air tools and run them behind trap. The die grinder worked great and I quickly realized I "need" an angle grinder too lol!
Cant have one without the other. I have 3, 2 straight and one 90 degree. Plus a 3” cutoff tool. Its nice as i can reverse it so i can decide where the sparks go.

Hey where did you get your screen name lol!
Um, cant remember. I came up with it a long time ago,as offroaderdodge just didnt fit any more.
I have a lot of tools..
Way back when i worked in the parts store, i bought some sort of tool every month. Now with snap on dropping in, its like every 2 weeks.

I like having "the right tool for the right job". Doesn't mean I can't build one or use one that's close, just not the same feeling for me when the work is done. I haven't had a shop before, and haven't used my air compressor for too much more than lug nuts and inflating tires, that's changing now.

It was The HAMB.
Home made tools thread.
want a good read,some of the stuff these guys come up with is amazing. Tons, i mean tons of great ideas

Cordless impact is the way to go. Except for the blast cabinet and blow gun I dont remember the last time I put a airtool to use.

I just sampled some of the Super Bowl's half time entertainment
th?id=OIP.jpg

I won't be breakin' my neck to see that :lol:
Just not my style.

I like having "the right tool for the right job". Doesn't mean I can't build one or use one that's close, just not the same feeling for me when the work is done. I haven't had a shop before, and haven't used my air compressor for too much more than lug nuts and inflating tires, that's changing now.
I mention snap on, and toolman is a mac guy, but im not against more economical tools to get the job done. The cheaper the air tool, the bigger the compressor.
I have replaced many of my tools at least once, or upgraded.
3 hand grinders, 3 vises,3 bench grinders,and added the 4th yesterday... when will the madness stop? Never. Thats fine. see, i have four vises now that i think about it. Jeez.

I'm lacking in power tools (no Karl that tool is fine). Every time John comes out though I buy a couple more.
When I build the new garage (hopefully this year with lift), I want a shop with tools ready to go.

Cordless impact is the way to go. Except for the blast cabinet and blow gun I dont remember the last time I put a airtool to use.
Damn impacts. Air-2 1/2”,1 3/4”
3/8 cordless and 1/2” cordless.

Well my buddy told me this new air tool would be an air hog and it is. My compressor only can put out 5.4 SCFM and is a 15 gallon tank. Running that tool at recommended 90 PSI has the compressor running pretty much constantly.

I did a lot of piping around the asphalt plant in order to keep from having to drag 100' of hose to those areas that air would be necessary. Some of which were 40' off the ground. It was bad enough to have to pull the cutting torch up that high :lol:

Frank and I are frozen up here on the Tundra this morning but let me tell ya about yesterday. After three plus years I finally fired up the Demon. Took almost five hours of software nonsense and two wiring issues from yours truly. My main issue was how I was getting power to injectors. Ended up pulling them and using handy dandy injector test light. I am now the proud owner of two jumper wires strung across the cab from Holley ECU to the fuse box. I can tidy it up later. I was so excited once we got it running I hugged my buddy. Hemi did not think that was OK and tried to eat him. Other than that just a glorious culmination of years and years of pure hell getting this sorted out! I have a video with sound but at this point I can’t figure out how to post it. A little help TMM?

View attachment 1715685243

View attachment 1715685244
Bad ***! :thumbsup:

Halftime is my time to warm up another plate of something, go for a short walk (not today too cold) or something. I don't watch that crap either.
I had to turn it off last year, the whole damn near lesbo **** show I couldn’t or rather wouldn’t let my kids see. I’m not the most conservative when it comes to that stuff but last years was way over the top, like put more clothes on or no longer claim to be family entertainment

Super thanks to Frank for the assist! The video is short but the road to get there was long! That rumble is a 6.1 Gen 3 Hemi thru 3 inch exhaust with Cherry Bomb glass paks dumping out in front of rear wheels, in my 72 Demon. I thought the glass paks might be obnoxious but in fact they sounded great! The simple beauty of FABO, while the car is certainly not for everyone, folks on here all appreciate the effort it takes to fire a restored car up regardless of pedigree! Sincere thanks to the Coffee crew for the endless support over the last three years of this project. Could not have done it with out ya!
John

Super thanks to Frank for the assist! The video is short but the road to get there was long! That rumble is a 6.1 Gen 3 Hemi thru 3 inch exhaust with Cherry Bomb glass paks dumping out in front of rear wheels, in my 72 Demon. I thought the glass paks might be obnoxious but in fact they sounded great! The simple beauty of FABO, while the car is certainly not for everyone, folks on here all appreciate the effort it takes to fire a restored car up regardless of pedigree! Sincere thanks to the Coffee crew for the endless support over the last three years of this project. Could not have done it with out ya!
John
Ready for a test drive once the winter is over?

-
Back