Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
question if you have a.car that is one of 5 thousand, and you do a rotisserie resto mod , is it then 1 0f 1.

If I have a car that's one of a million, then scratch my *** in it.... :steering:

Then it becomes 1 0f 1, the only one of them that I scratched my *** in..... :rolleyes:

Galen Govier
fake tag.jpg

Busy day. Thought it was going to be a washout when I got up. Went ahead and did some pressure washing out front- porch and in front of garage. Also cleaned up my tiller that I need to try to bring back to life.
Came in for a break and the sun came out... Dried things up quick, so mowed most of the yard. Beer time. Then see what’s next.

Who is he/was he??? How did he get to be the 'authority'?
Self professed expert but he filled a information void and made it his living for years. He has been compiling Mopar production and option information for decades. He put together the pocket part number guides and option book for Mopars from the 60's into the 80's. If you pay him he will fly to your location and authenticize your car or a car you are wanting to buy. Not a bad service to provide for people that have the cash but not the know how when buying a mega-dollar Mopar collector car.

Self professed expert but he filled a information void and made it his living for years. He has been compiling Mopar production and option information for decades. He put together the pocket part number guides and option book for Mopars from the 60's into the 80's. If you pay him he will fly to your location and authenticize your car or a car you are wanting to buy. Not a bad service to provide for people that have the cash but not the know how when buying a mega-dollar Mopar collector car.
Thought maybe he was a Mopar insider/factory big wheel or sumptin...

So posted LOTS of pictures of Satellite, A B oddies only. Guy over there wants me to send him pictures to his e mail. Why not look at the pictures I already posted?

I’m curious as to why? I talked to him at his booth at the Nats and he seemed pretty approachable and friendly
Because he seems to snooty for the elite E body crowd.. nice guy....he just tells you like it is....Some do not want to hear the facts about there RARE Mopar.

So wipers quit working in the fargo. Damnit.
And there is 2 choices of wheel bearing for pt cruiser. Of course i have the wrong one. So its in pieces. Damnit.
Son made it home from up north. So thats good.
Brakes done in buddys chevy. Also good.

He get's a lot of information free by looking at vin's, fender tags, and asking questions. In return he should give out information people ask for. Often times he doesn't. Like here, "Here's my fender tag and build sheet. Decode it for me." He won't. He gets paid for that. That's what people don't like about him.

Thought maybe he was a Mopar insider/factory big wheel or sumptin...

Naw, he took advantage of free enterprise. Nothing wrong with that. He did things anybody else "could have" done at the time but either didn't because of lack of resources, or they were lazy.

Now, I have zero personal experience with the guy. I have a friend whose had some.....not good...and read a lot about others who've had bad experiences. Enough that I would never use his "services".

He get's a lot of information free by looking at vin's, fender tags, and asking questions. In return he should give out information people ask for. Often times he doesn't. Like here, "Here's my fender tag and build sheet. Decode it for me." He won't. He gets paid for that. That's what people don't like about him.

And the flip side of that is, we have LOTS of people here who give of themselves freely with zero expectations of anything in return......yet sometimes are treated like dog **** on someone's shoe.

Well i don't much care for him either.
That said, how he gathers info, short of stealing it
Is just his business.
Sharing what knowledge he has invested time in well, he is running a business.
You want his service you pay.
Me if I was really interested and didn't want to pay, then I would research myself.

-
Back