Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning Sunday sliders, beach, bums, and oh bridge builders...a chatty bunch it is this morning!!

It's been to many years for me, it's time I get my feet in the sand and walk in to the ocean again, a must to take the time to do

The ocean is kinda far for me to get my toes in the sand, but I meet my friend from Michigan at the Michigan Dunes just over the border once a month in the summer for tailgating and beach fun in Lake Michigan... We bring our kids and make a day of it...

One bonus is we don't have to worry about sharks and stingrays.... :eek:

I just did sliders for breakfast....
maxresdefault.jpg

The ocean is kinda far for me to get my toes in the sand, but I meet my friend from Michigan at the Michigan Dunes just over the border once a month in the summer for tailgating and beach fun in Lake Michigan... We bring our kids and make a day of it...

One bonus is we don't have to worry about sharks and stingrays.... :eek:

Hey now! It's been 3 years since anybody got et at Surf Beach :rolleyes:. I would have to look it up, but memory tells me that for 10 years, in October, in even numbered years, a surfer, swimmer, kayaker, whatever, got et by a shark at Surf Beach. Even had a "Shark Week" special on it.

Morning!
37 here this morning.
Buddy wants to build a forklift adapter to dump recycling totes into a bin. He needs something like that for work. I have to do some research. Could be a payday for me.
I can take pix of ours if you need some ideas. They are readily available in a lot of places. I think we got our last ones from Grainger.

Hey now! It's been 3 years since anybody got et at Surf Beach :rolleyes:. I would have to look it up, but memory tells me that for 10 years, in October, in even numbered years, a surfer, swimmer, kayaker, whatever, got et by a shark at Surf Beach. Even had a "Shark Week" special on it.

I've had more problems with jellyfish than sharks although if one of the two is going to attack me I'll take the jelly lol!

Well I just got back from an impromptu airport run. You guys been busy. Our oldest who is presently an E7 made some very poor choices last night. His Mom is on her way to Ft Meade this morning to get him lawyered up. After two tours in sandbox he does not always make the right decisions in the civilian world. He utilizes the help they provide, and takes meds as prescribed to deal with his demons. My heart just goes out to him today. As there are so many of us on this thread who have seen the darker side of humanity, we all think this battle or that one is different. In the end war is simply war. Opposing groups of people that do terrible things to each other. Often times we then roll home and just bury it in little box’s in the corner of our minds. Or turn to drugs and alcohol to numb. Some of us just have better glue so the box don’t leak. Our boy is in for a long arduous couple of months looking ahead. He only has three years left to Retirement but not sure if he will be able to finish now or not. He will now certainly never even sniff E8 again, which makes a dramatic difference in your retirement pay. My apologies for rambling and sincere thanks to Brother Craig for listening last night. It was a long night with many tearful conversations with multiple parties involved. You guys are the best, who needs therapy when ya got FABO. Well gotta run, I think I will go double check the glue on my box.

We invented the slip-n-slide back in the early 70's... However we never thought to patent it...

We were cleaning out our garage and had a 6' x 12' sheet of thick clear plastic that was dirty... We spread it out in the front lawn and sprayed it down with the hose to clean it up... Then discovered that it was slippery and you could run and slide on it... Friends and neighbors saw it and came over and soon we had over a dozen people lined up taking turns running and sliding... Eventually half the kids in our neighborhood were enjoying it... They didn't even put on swim suits, just took off their shoes and socks and slid in their shorts and t-shirts...

Two or three years later, the "Slip-n-slide" was being advertised and sold...

It seemed so simple, who would have thought to patent it at the time....

Last edited:

I think I've seen that shark week....

I pray it turns out well for him.

Well I just got back from an impromptu airport run. You guys been busy. Our oldest who is presently an E7 made some very poor choices last night. His Mom is on her way to Ft Meade this morning to get him lawyered up. After two tours in sandbox he does not always make the right decisions in the civilian world. He utilizes the help they provide, and takes meds as prescribed to deal with his demons. My heart just goes out to him today. As there are so many of us on this thread who have seen the darker side of humanity, we all think this battle or that one is different. In the end war is simply war. Opposing groups of people that do terrible things to each other. Often times we then roll home and just bury it in little box’s in the corner of our minds. Or turn to drugs and alcohol to numb. Some of us just have better glue so the box don’t leak. Our boy is in for a long arduous couple of months looking ahead. He only has three years left to Retirement but not sure if he will be able to finish now or not. He will now certainly never even sniff E8 again, which makes a dramatic difference in your retirement pay. My apologies for rambling and sincere thanks to Brother Craig for listening last night. It was a long night with many tearful conversations with multiple parties involved. You guys are the best, who needs therapy when ya got FABO. Well gotta run, I think I will go double check the glue on my box.

Morning!
37 here this morning.
Buddy wants to build a forklift adapter to dump recycling totes into a bin. He needs something like that for work. I have to do some research. Could be a payday for me.

If you can't figure it out, just tell him to 'fork off'... :lol:

Was always a freak show there after the bars closed. Many good times eating a sack of burgers at 0430!

-
Back