Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well I just got back from an impromptu airport run. You guys been busy. Our oldest who is presently an E7 made some very poor choices last night. His Mom is on her way to Ft Meade this morning to get him lawyered up. After two tours in sandbox he does not always make the right decisions in the civilian world. He utilizes the help they provide, and takes meds as prescribed to deal with his demons. My heart just goes out to him today. As there are so many of us on this thread who have seen the darker side of humanity, we all think this battle or that one is different. In the end war is simply war. Opposing groups of people that do terrible things to each other. Often times we then roll home and just bury it in little box’s in the corner of our minds. Or turn to drugs and alcohol to numb. Some of us just have better glue so the box don’t leak. Our boy is in for a long arduous couple of months looking ahead. He only has three years left to Retirement but not sure if he will be able to finish now or not. He will now certainly never even sniff E8 again, which makes a dramatic difference in your retirement pay. My apologies for rambling and sincere thanks to Brother Craig for listening last night. It was a long night with many tearful conversations with multiple parties involved. You guys are the best, who needs therapy when ya got FABO. Well gotta run, I think I will go double check the glue on my box.

Sorry to hear that...

We all have some family with some demons... and yes, we all just try to put it in the back of our minds and try to forget it and hope it doesn't happen again...

Hang in there, we're here if you need any support...

In 'n Out was the stop after the Drags at Irwindale Raceway. The concession stand burgers at the track, we called them "blacktop burgers", just plain nasty. Seems odd that one of the partners at Irwindale, Harry Snyder was the founder of In 'n Out :rofl:

Yup a huge difference. And never ever forget about the ones you did not eat in the car after a hot sunny day!

LOL I brought Keefer to one and I am not sure what he thought of them. He does have the hook up for great hot dogs though.... Man we ate alot that day.

Wife said a random thing yesterday, she wants to go to Pennsylvania on a road trip and one of the things she wants to do there is go to a flea market. She was watching "Flea Market Flip" and they were on location at one of them, guess they are big ones.

Wife said a random thing yesterday, she wants to go to Pennsylvania on a road trip and one of the things she wants to do there is go to a flea market. She was watching "Flea Market Flip" and they were on location at one of them, guess they are big ones.
Not in this area, but we have allot of how do you explain it inside flea markets, people drop off stuff and they sell it for them. Kind of a consignment store for junk. I got some great stuff through them.

Yeah, Pennsylvania has some large fleas... You can get some big ones at the flea markets out there.... :D

Morning all . Building breakfast , lots to do.. open pool for woman who rents next door. I don't go in, just work on my tan.
Plenty for everyone.

20210502_075613.jpg

20210502_080716.jpg

There's a Swap-O-Rama right off the freeway where we exit to get here... They have swaps every weekend...

Swap-O-Rama.jpg

Was DVRing the NFL draft yesterday as Seahawks only had 3 picks. Mall shooting happened and there was a "Special Report" that went on forever, I wasn't recording on NFL Network (ABC) and of course the pick happened right during the coverage. Oh well.

Carlisle in July a mans swap meet!

We'll I'm out off to pick up some BK bagels. Busy day yesterday, one grand kid had a softball tournament. Between games we ran to the paint store and a remodel store for paint samples. We came home, dragged a freakin heavy spin bike from the basement and loaded it in the truck. We took it over to the daughter's and had the grand sons help us unload it and get it in their house. We then went and watched them BMX race. This was after they were at a Motocross meet they raced in. Today, a friend comes to claim our roll top desk. Another fun time getting it out the front door and onto the truck.

-
Back