Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
And what exactly does this all mean? " It wont matter--let that fall where it will--If you time the engine to 36 degrees with every thing hooked up it will start and run great--you can still change the initial timing by inserting an allen head key into the vaccum advance and dialing it up or down to give the initial timing you want--that is generally not need --dont forget to recheck the total if you change the vacc advance ---whats important is the total advance at 36 degrees to saturate the coil and so theres 9 degress of timing to light the cylinder-that takes up the 45 degrees for each cylinder--45 x 8 =360 degrees hope this helps--Hemidon"
crystal-ball-fortune-teller.jpg

I just love that air cleaner assembly. A bit of modern on a old school engine. Morning Mike
thank you Mike, and good morning, big storms rolled threw here this morning, started at 1am, ended near 4am, hail, heavy rains, high winds. We faired well compared to the folks in Texas.

I’m just gonna pay tim and hoppy to do my tuning, then there’s no internet argument hahahahahah:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thank you Mike, and good morning, big storms rolled threw here this morning, started at 1am, ended near 4am, hail, heavy rains, high winds. We faired well compared to the folks in Texas.
Good to hear no damage Mike.

They are all screwed up poor guy hope he follows the FSM. With a pertronix distributor to boot!
Do this, do that, they never 'splain what this and that means.
A couple times I've posted some basic definitions of timing terms. feel free to cut and paste if ever useful.
Best for learning the basics is the stuff from Chrysler.
Of course there are some experts here that are smarter and are convinced that all that 'old info' from the people who built and raced these cars is wrong...

A couple times I've posted some basic definitions of timing terms. feel free to cut and paste if ever useful.
Of course there are some experts here that are smarter and are convinced that all that 'old info' from the people who built and raced these cars is wrong...
Question, do you need a electronic regulator with a squareback alternator?

FEBO IS THE WORST FOR THAT STUFF.

Save the Asparugus! :eek:

I didn't even know what asparagus was until I went to work a flood control channel job on the Tijuana River. :lol:
The pad they cleared for our concrete plant was right in the middle of the asparagus fields in the river bed. :rofl:
Just took a dozer and pushed all that grass up in a pile:rofl:

That book hoppy sent me is a bible! I’ve read it now more than once and it has at least helped to some degree. Now if I can just get the books knowledge into my brain and translate it down to my finger tips so I can actually make it work, I’d be golden

Last edited:
Question, do you need a electronic regulator with a squareback alternator?
Funny but back in the day Direct Connection people did say when using an electronic ignition its best to an electronic regulator.

That book you sent me is a bible! I’ve read it now more than once and it has at least helped to some degree. Now if I can just get the books knowledge into my brain and translate it down to my finger tips so I can actually make it work, I’d be golden
Dang Chris. I dont remember sending you a book. But if I did glad it s helpful!

-
Back