Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Backed chevelle out and remembered i have to bleed brakes. It has some. Just not much.

Wow just wow, cant even reply to this one.

Sorry but that is just incorrect. It's always negative you are going further BEFORE TDC as you add advance.
For example you start at -10 initial add 26 more centrifugal as you speed up the motor and advance to -36 Before Top Dead Center.

All us people in Pennsy look the same if your not from here!
W&J14.jpg

This must be the town my Pappy told me about

Wow just wow, cant even reply to this one.

"Sorry but that is just incorrect. It's always negative you are going further BEFORE TDC as you add advance.
For example you start at -10 initial add 26 more centrifugal as you speed up the motor and advance to -36 Before Top Dead Center."
Just looked the thread to see for myself.
Wow. Just wow.
You explained what he needed to know so clearly too. Even the distributor/cam vs crank angle.

Last edited:
Imagine putting Frelier together with our 'GM engineer' fanboy here...

Well can look at the way the bodyshop guy 'splained it to me. The more cars they screw up, the more valuable the survivors become. Not his exact words but that was the gist of it.

Now here's a funny one.
We almost always see the initial timing refered to as Before or After TDC.
The timing marks on the AMC 360 in the 80s (and I think 70s) have a capital A stamped at one end.
But it doesn't stand for After.
eek-gif.gif
laugh2-gif.gif

I didn't even know what asparagus was until I went to work a flood control channel job on the Tijuana River. :lol:
The pad they cleared for our concrete plant was right in the middle of the asparagus fields in the river bed. :rofl:
Just took a dozer and pushed all that grass up in a pile:rofl:
So, they put a concrete plant where the asparagus plats were supposed to be? Did it grow OK? What kind of fertilizer do you use on that?

Good Morning

Dan even gave him a red x :rofl::rofl::rofl::drama::drama::drama:
I know I read a LOT of Dan's posts and articles on slant 6 and lighting in the process of building mine. When I couldn't find an answer and asked a question he almost always showed up with an answer. :thumbsup: Don't know that I have ever found anything he said to be wrong. As ide from many years of experience, he often references tech documents. i.e.- he ain't making **** up. At least for those 2 topics, till proven otherwise, I would consider his advise 'the final answer'.

I know I read a LOT of Dan's posts and articles on slant 6 and lighting in the process of building mine. When I couldn't find an answer and asked a question he almost always showed up with an answer. :thumbsup: Don't know that I have ever found anything he said to be wrong. As ide from many years of experience, he often references tech documents. i.e.- he ain't making **** up. At least for those 2 topics, till proven otherwise, I would consider his advise 'the final answer'.

There's only one thing I've found to be at odds with Dan. That's the manifold heat argument. But I'm only at odds with him regarding performance oriented slant engines, not stock or mild. I don't care what engine it is, once you get past a certain level of performance, they all benefit from blocked intake manifold heat from the exhaust. It's a thermodynamic fact. See how I worked that big word in? Now I feel smart.

But seriously, as in my very recent battle against detonation in my hot slant 6 build, were I to remove that block off plate, the engine would detonate again and it would not produce the power it does now. In my situation, living as far south as I do, it has zero effect on how fast it warms up. One argument was the choke wouldn't work well. It's electric. Plus, it's adjusted all the way open and not hooked up. LOL

On a stock to mild engine, I'll go along with it......but even where I live, they can benefit as well. I even have manifold heat blocked of on the 351M in my Ford truck. No problem at all and it even helped the engine temp drop keeping all that heat out of the intake. IMO, it was a stupid idea for vehicles operating in warm climates.

Haven’t touched it since March. Had the baby, then my grandfather died, then I went on Active duty orders.
I am working on the 66 everyday. I am determined to get it done and on the road.....THEN get going on the Satellite...................

I put it this way. Dan generally provides good information, which is usually backed by documention and experience. I wouldn't call him the last word, even in lighting, that's going too far. That's not to take away from the fact that he is an expert in automotive lighting and one of the few in that field to have been so willing and generous to share his knowledge with automotive enthusiasts. All I'm saying is there have been times I've found slightly different expert opinions and that he himself has changed his perspective or conclusions over time. That he can and has done so is an indicaticator that he is a true professional.

-
Back