Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We’re in the same boat only in reverse. My parents managed to secure the farm last year but now my aunts and uncle are fighting my parents over the scraps on stupid petty stuff. This type of stuff is nothing but a giant **** sandwich that we are being forced to eat
True that. We haven't seen a official valuation yet (from the jackwagon uncle in charge) Now how are we supposed to get a loan to buy if we don't know what the property is valued at? (we will have to pay his price or negotiate) He doesn't want us to buy it. He wants to sell it at auction and cash his check.

We can pretty easily buy one farm or the other but one farm isn't enough to make a living off of for my brother in law. Buying both farms is a huge stretch unless we spend a bunch of our own cash. We wanted to pool all our inheritance for a down payment (20% of the total) Farm Services want's 30-40% down.

But what will be done with it other than someone farming. Will you use it somehow. Profit on it? Otherwise, after a generation or two there is so little sentimental value that it will be sold anyway
Agree.
Businesses are in simple terms the monument of the person who started it and built it to their dreams and ambitions.
Sadly the survivors don't always share that vision.

We can pretty easily buy one farm or the other but one farm isn't enough to make a living off of for my brother in law. Buying both farms is a huge stretch unless we spend a bunch of our own cash. We wanted to pool all our inheritance for a down payment (20% of the total) Farm Services want's 30-40% down.

Exactly, because their business is Making money with their money.
They don't want to be stuck with a failed business dream.

But what will be done with it other than someone farming. Will you use it somehow. Profit on it? Otherwise, after a generation or two there is so little sentimental value that it will be sold anyway
Agree.
Businesses are in simple terms the monument of the person who started it and built it to their dreams and ambitions.
Sadly the survivors don't always share that vision.
I will mention that to my wife and she can relay the message. How long are you planning on farming the land? 10 years until the bro in law want to retire? No one else in the family is a farmer or would want to start. We just don't want to see the family farm get auctioned off to a foreign country or Bill Gates. LOL I am leaning towards cash in and cash the check.

The uncle who is in charge of the will and trust wants to sell out and cash the check. We (wife and her brothers) want to save the family farm and Bro in law will continue farming it if we can buy it.
Depends on how the trust reads. His obligation is to how the trust reads. If he does not follow the trust-as written-the heirs have the right to petition the court to remove him and appoint another in his place. But be careful he has the right to charge for his services and the proceeds to satisfy “ALL” outstanding debt.

Depends on how the trust reads. His obligation is to how the trust reads. If he does not follow the trust-as written-the heirs have the right to petition the court to remove him and appoint another in his place. But be careful he has the right to charge for his services and the proceeds to satisfy “ALL” outstanding debt.
One of the other uncles has already been petitioned and removed. :drama::drama::drama:

All I know is, and I’ve been doing this for the last 7 weeks, everything of mine is being itemized, down to the single penny value.

After talking to a lawyer about it, I’m having a clause put in that it cannot disputed and that any disputing party forfeits all inheritance AND must pay all associated court and lawyer fees for all other parties.

All land and real estate will be in an LLC and trust. I’m setting that up to where it can never be sold outside of the family.
All of this is extremely complicated and tedious not to mention expensive. But doing it at 35 will make it even harder to be challenged. It’s not 100 percent unbeatable in court, but it will make it extremely difficult for anyone to challenge

Anyway, does any have a body manual for a 70 A body?

All I know is, and I’ve been doing this for the last 7 weeks, everything of mine is being itemized, down to the single penny value.

After talking to a lawyer about it, I’m having a clause put in that it cannot disputed and that any disputing party forfeits all inheritance AND must pay all associated court and lawyer fees for all other parties.

All land and real estate will be in an LLC and trust. I’m setting that up to where it can never be sold outside of the family.
All of this is extremely complicated and tedious not to mention expensive. But doing it at 35 will make it even harder to be challenged. It’s not 100 percent unbeatable in court, but it will make it extremely difficult for anyone to challenge

Chris search Stephen Girard wills and trusts.
Short read on how easy they can be broken if attacked the right way.

Chris search Stephen Girard wills and trusts.
Short read on how easy they can be broken if attacked the right way.
Will do. I’m having 3 lawyers draw this up too. Like I said, my goal is to make it such a pain in the *** and non profitable that it’s a deterrent

I’m sure you can do a near bulletproof family first right of refusal clause. But I doubt you can say it can never leave the family.

I’m sure you can do a near bulletproof family first right of refusal clause. But I doubt you can say it can never leave the family.
I think that’s what the lawyer said

I hate getting short of breath so easily.....

I can only walk so far before needing a break....

It's not critical like it was a month ago, but getting annoying that I'm so slow to improve, sometimes it seems like going backwards.... :mob:

Will do. I’m having 3 lawyers draw this up too. Like I said, my goal is to make it such a pain in the *** and non profitable that it’s a deterrent
My experience with lawyers-and I have had many more than one-is that you will pay them to tell you exactly what you want to hear. When you are gone-you are irrelevant. The lawyer/s are now employed by another employer. You are no longer”paying for their services. Good luck with your endeavors but you brought nothing into this world and that is exactly what you will take. Are you talking about a shop manual?

My experience with lawyers-and I have had many more than one-is that you will pay them to tell you exactly what you want to hear. When you are gone-you are irrelevant. The lawyer/s are now employed by another employer. You are no longer”paying for their services. Good luck with your endeavors but you brought nothing into this world and that is exactly what you will take. Are you talking about a shop manual?
Yeah, I need a measurement for the spare tire well,

Needing a quick measurement

Haha

2D7E3BA4-A7D5-41C9-8437-3553688C4DFC.jpeg

Well Tim is Unloaded and re loaded, I am loaded up. Hope to get there this afternoon. Man it is Hot and Muggy here and rain pretty much popping up for the rest of the week.

-
Back