Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got no cloud cover this morning :eek:. That explains why I kept pulling more blankets over me last night. I kept expecting the furnace to fire up for the first time in 4 months :lol:

Got no cloud cover this morning :eek:. That explains why I kept pulling more blankets over me last night. I kept expecting the furnace to fire up for the first time in 4 months :lol:
Cloud cover here, no need for a/c , but it was very cold in the house this morning, A/C cranked down to 67 at night, we sleep better when its cold

Yep I’ve made just shy of 80 bucks this week.

Watched a video about "Bit Coin Mining" yesterday. Seems the power consumption of that industry is drawing the attention of the environmentally conscious. One even went so far as moving their operation into an abandoned coal burning power plant and refitting the boilers with natural gas to make their own power for their main frame.

Back from fishing, got lucky and limited in an hour. First one was a hen and the seagulls got the roe after I fed them the guts and went to the water to rinse the fish! Second one was a buck, 5 lbs maybe. We forgot non-iodized salt at the commissary so off I go again, gotta get these humpies on the brine!

IMG_3072.jpg

Back from fishing, got lucky and limited in an hour. First one was a hen and the seagulls got the roe after I fed them the guts and went to the water to rinse the fish! Second one was a buck, 5 lbs maybe. We forgot non-iodized salt at the commissary so off I go again, gotta get these humpies on the brine!

View attachment 1715774147
Fresh catch of the day! Hen, buck, and humpies. New lingo for this old Iowa fisherman.

We are paying 18-20 dollars a hour if you can fog a mirror and can’t find folks willing to work.
Not going to complain too much about someone who showed up for work on a Sunday morning, but... :soapbox: Just ran to MickyD's for a couple Snausage Mcmuffers. 2 for 4, so came to $4.24. Hand her a 20 then added a quarter so I wouldn't get so much change. back. Could see panic in her eyes. LOL. She goes to the back to ask a 'smarter' coworker what to do. Hands me my change with a penny, so thought it was right. I stepped back and checked it while next person ordered. Realized she shorted me the dollar bill I should have gotten instead of all the change. By this time the next guy was looking at his receipt saying the items it showed was not what he ordered. Figured if I try to get my money she would be confused it would be an hour before anyone got a correct order. Decided to just let the dollar go for entertainment cost.

Not going to complain too much about someone who showed up for work on a Sunday morning, but... :soapbox: Just ran to MickyD's for a couple Snausage Mcmuffers. 2 for 4, so came to $4.24. Hand her a 20 then added a quarter so I wouldn't get so much change. back. Could see panic in her eyes. LOL. She goes to the back to ask a 'smarter' coworker what to do. Hands me my change with a penny, so thought it was right. I stepped back and checked it while next person ordered. Realized she shorted me the dollar bill I should have gotten instead of all the change. By this time the next guy was looking at his receipt saying the items it showed was not what he ordered. Figured if I try to get my money she would be confused it would be an hour before anyone got a correct order. Decided to just let the dollar go for entertainment cost.

And that register right in front of 'em will do the math for them :lol:

<~~~~~ learned to make change from just a cash drawer with a keyed lock on it :lol:
No register, no calculator
Yep. Calculators were not allowed for most classes/tests when I was in school. (Show your work!) Some started near the end, but was kind of a debate thing among educators at the time. (1982 HS grad)

Morning y’all!
From AZ, looks like we are hitting the 100’s again this week. “104 wed”
Is it sept yet?

Been nice weather here. Almost done with dart. Got wiring completed yesterday. Still no back glass. Clips:BangHead:

Watched a video about "Bit Coin Mining" yesterday. Seems the power consumption of that industry is drawing the attention of the environmentally conscious. One even went so far as moving their operation into an abandoned coal burning power plant and refitting the boilers with natural gas to make their own power for their main frame.
Yep. But you could mine it from your home PC if you really wanted. And had a PC built to do it. You won’t get rich that way, but a couple hundred bucks if you’re lucky a month. Ive looked into it but I don’t have a machine built for that kind of heat.

Wow I butchered them a bit but made 24 pieces. For the brine I used brown sugar, fresh squeezed orange, onion and garlic powder, soy sauce, salt, tabasco. Supposed to brine 8-12 hours but may do overnight and wife can tend the smoker while I'm at work tomorrow. Using alder and finishing with apple chips.

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

Well battery is dead in VW. Cannot just Change it. Ooo noo. Car has to be programmed for new battery.

-
Back