Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=ZuYGcBxZytsAX_mUWrB&tn=oexZzTeS932kLcrn&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

I'm going with a four post. I didn't think about a winch, but then again my cars are generally running. :D

Leaning into Monday.

Dog hit DEFCON 5 for some reason ...she beat the alarm by 20 minutes. Not sure what started it. I think I may have a mouse or something that tees her off. So cleared the house and kicked on the coffee pot. Good training drill if nothing else :D

Unraveled a little more of the car's mystery this weekend. Received a few more documents from a gentleman up in Windsor on Valiant production numbers. Also unraveled a bit more of the electrical in the convertible.

Vacuuming piles of dirt out from under the dash is not normal right? Poor car was a mud-wasp sanctuary.

It is al personal preference on what type of lift, we all use them differently. I kind of wonder how we did alot of stuff when I worked gas stations with the old single post lifts that came up from the center.
uo_1562688194-25290-30.jpg

Yesterday I took the 25 year old motion detectors down and put up new LED ones.
The only challenge was the one on the walk out corner of the house.
It's 30 plus feet up. I put as much of the light together on the ground before I went up.
Trying to hold the light and get the nuts screwed on left handed was interesting.
Tasker completed.

It is al personal preference on what type of lift, we all use them differently. I kind of wonder how we did alot of stuff when I worked gas stations with the old single post lifts that came up from the center.
View attachment 1715813602

Oh wow... I remember those now. First job was pumping gas at the Sunoco

Leaning into Monday.

Dog hit DEFCON 5 for some reason ...she beat the alarm by 20 minutes. Not sure what started it. I think I may have a mouse or something that tees her off. So cleared the house and kicked on the coffee pot. Good training drill if nothing else :D

Unraveled a little more of the car's mystery this weekend. Received a few more documents from a gentleman up in Windsor on Valiant production numbers. Also unraveled a bit more of the electrical in the convertible.

Vacuuming piles of dirt out from under the dash is not normal right? Poor car was a mud-wasp sanctuary.
Sounds like it was sitting somewhere in a barn or outside for several years.

Same here at a Getty station! Then also doing tires, then tune ups then other stuff. Was a great experience I was 14 when I started and basically a decent Mechanic by 18. Got sick of it and USN at 24.

Morning post Holiday mob. Looking like a long week ahead, no snow this morning so that is good! Chris, go get checked out! Got the Demon back in the shop and on the rack this weekend and that was the big objective as it is a pain. With my limited space I have to put the car on dollies then make a 90 degree turn inside shop. Not difficult with two guys but a bit harder when you are by yourself. Do all you guys with four post ramps have winches up front to pull non running cars on the ramps? I am contemplating going to a four post in new shop but I really like the flexibility and ease of use with the two post?
I have a winch. Very simple setup too. Used to drag non runners in. Ease of use? I call bs.
Whats easier than drive it on and push button?
With simple slip plates setting toe is easy. Fitting exhaust with loaded suspension is a must.
Dont have to look for a place to set the impact, the decks are a good place. I could go on about how much safer it is.

Definately safer. Hell we put mine in backwards for a heavy vehicle like the W150 have to back it in to get the load right.

Nice thing with a 4 post is it is definately not going to drop on a car stored under it also. Advantages on both.

Sounds like it was sitting somewhere in a barn or outside for several years.

I agree. Plus is that it kept the mileage low...minus is that I really need to replace gaskets and I'm literally scraping and vacuuming dirt out of all the small spaces of the car.

Morning post Holiday mob. Looking like a long week ahead, no snow this morning so that is good! Chris, go get checked out! Got the Demon back in the shop and on the rack this weekend and that was the big objective as it is a pain. With my limited space I have to put the car on dollies then make a 90 degree turn inside shop. Not difficult with two guys but a bit harder when you are by yourself. Do all you guys with four post ramps have winches up front to pull non running cars on the ramps? I am contemplating going to a four post in new shop but I really like the flexibility and ease of use with the two post?
We have a 2 post. Have had it for a while now. That said, unless your doing a lot of suspension work or changing brakes and tires a lot, the 4 post is my recommendation. I will be going 4 post when I get my own garage

I agree. Plus is that it kept the mileage low...minus is that I really need to replace gaskets and I'm literally scraping and vacuuming dirt out of all the small spaces of the car.
C2 drop the fresh air box from the drivers side and vacuum out the cowl area, notorious to fill up the drains on the early ones, trust me I am fixing that area on the cuda.

Those air hoists, had to get creative for sure. Did lots of work using that hoist.
Had to give it a shot of air every few minutes,or it would drop a couple inches. 4x4 hold it up if you chose to use it.

C2 drop the fresh air box from the drivers side and vacuum out the cowl area, notorious to fill up the drains on the early ones, trust me I am fixing that area on the cuda.
I got lucky, those were good on mine.

Now the two post are all over the place used cheap, 4 post not so much, that says something also.

Those air hoists, had to get creative for sure. Did lots of work using that hoist.
Had to give it a shot of air every few minutes,or it would drop a couple inches. 4x4 hold it up if you chose to use it.
Oh crap I remember that!

-
Back