Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I even checked the grounds and the service panel itself.
upload_2021-11-19_22-54-22.gif

Hey Chris...

Drove down to my daughter's for the weekend. Just finished cleaning up the kitchen from all the prep and pre-cooking for a gathering tomorrow.

Hope the water heater is hanging in there

I was reading earlier today that they had arrested a former UC professor for arson on numerous Ca fires during that mess earlier this year. The Richard Cranium was lighting the fires behind the fire fighters in their "safe zone" :wtf::elmer:

Yes. If I remember correctly it was because someone remembered his car being on the side of the road near one of the fires

Politics is fun tonight! I am having a Vodka/cranberry in Tulsa OK. For my favorite nephews wedding tomorrow!

Oh boy.
Thank you. If the new alt. and the VR don't fix it then I definitely will rewire that circuit.
I am at a standstill tonight because I got the wrong belts from o'reillys (I am not sure how they gave me the wrong belts, but both of them were about an inch too short.) I even made a string template by wrapping string around the pulleys to get the EXACT right measurement.
I am separating the water pump and alternator belts because I was running the alternator belt on that front snout thing on the alternator. Not the actual pulley and I think that is what killed the alternator in the first place.
so tomorrow is going to be belt mania to make it all work.

I would do the wiring regardless..... The original wires are too old and may have cracks and spots of high resistance...

Replacing the old wires with nice new ones will help keep some of the stress down on the alternator and regulator...

I used to have a 69 Valiant for a daily driver in the 90's... The alt gauge would flicker sometimes (for no apparent reason) while I was driving... I was replacing alternators and regulators every six months at best...

One Christmas I came to visit my dad over my winter break from work and pulled it into the back garage and tore into it... Turned out that the main power wire that came through the bulkhead and wrapped around the gage cluster had overheated sometime and melted the insulation off the wires and would intermittently ground on the dash frame... It melted a bundle of wires together... I replaced them one at a time, tracing them and following the wiring diagram in the service manual and pretty much rewired the whole under dash wiring harness, then did the alternator and ignition wiring under the hood in the engine compartment...

I never had to replace another alternator and regulator on that car again...

Fresh wires will give you many happy miles of trouble free driving... :steering:

Oh boy.
Thank you. If the new alt. and the VR don't fix it then I definitely will rewire that circuit.
I am at a standstill tonight because I got the wrong belts from o'reillys (I am not sure how they gave me the wrong belts, but both of them were about an inch too short.) I even made a string template by wrapping string around the pulleys to get the EXACT right measurement.
I am separating the water pump and alternator belts because I was running the alternator belt on that front snout thing on the alternator. Not the actual pulley and I think that is what killed the alternator in the first place.
so tomorrow is going to be belt mania to make it all work.

It sounds like you don't have the proper pulleys and are trying to put a band-aid on the belt issue...

Get the proper pulleys and keep the factory belt routing....

-
Back