Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Gonna have to take a raincheck on continuing Jeep motor work with Stefan tomorrow. Guy he worked side-by-side with 3 days this week tested positive. :BangHead: Both had masks on, but 3 days is a lot of exposure... It's been torn apart for better part of a year now. No hurry to get it running.

I had some fun with students in my classes. I switched career fields a few times and was always the class leader. There is always one that was in constant need of babysitting, and it sucked for me usually had to oversee PMI (positive Military Instruction) on the weekends for them. Had this one seemed like every other week. Found some creative jobs for him. Separating white and black rocks around the building's bushes, did that a few times, do have to say the place looked great afterwards. Thn ran out of things for him to get creative with. Well was freaking pouring one Sat made him dry all the curbs up and he could not leave untill finished. Pretty funny, base commander loved me! I was that guy!

I did my Reserve Officer Infantry Basic at Ft Benning beginning in January...miserable.
A 45-day course with 36 days in the field. Lucky us it rained and hovered in the 30's for most of it.
Water temp was 42 when we jumped in Victory Pond.
For those here who don't know it was a water survival exercise.
You were in and out of the water three times over a two-hour period so you can imagine soaking wet just how cold you got.
18 guys ended up in the hospital with that one, CO almost got relieved.
Same song different lyrics, as we stood in front of the pond that cold cold day we were given the options of clothes on or off. Several of us thinking we were smart, chose to strip. Once we came out all blue lipped and shivering we got back into our dry clothes looking smugly at the squad shivering in wet clothes, yep right back in! Victory was fleeting but mind games are forever! That was a long day.

What you dont read back a few weeks?:rofl:
nope, pop in here, say hello and try and keep all the replies to sale thread taken care of, members are running rapid on replies it seems.. just time to read a few posts then get off this phone, I have not used a computer for 3 or more years I bet Ray..

nope, pop in here, say hello and try and keep all the replies to sale thread taken care of, members are running rapid on replies it seems.. just time to read a few posts then get off this phone, I have not used a computer for 3 or more years I bet Ray..
I haven’t been doing 100% backread anymore either. But he was talking about a place on a lake. Pretty sure Its in OK

Never buy insurance from a Christian insurance agency...

To them everything is an act of god and they won't cover anything....

We need more Arkansas,Missouri and Mississippi members in here , I wish I had served in the army or something so I can understand and relate to some of the members here, but all I did was pick the fruits of what most of y'all had on the table back in the late 60es and 70es. Nothing exciting about that job :poke:

But I do come to say good morning and try and support this thread, I can be everyone's clown i guess ...:popcorn:

We need more Arkansas,Missouri and Mississippi members in here , I wish I had served in the army or something so I can understand and relate to some of the members here, but all I did was pick the fruits of what most of y'all had on the table back in the late 60es and 70es. Nothing exciting about that job :poke:

But I do come to say good morning and try and support this thread, I can be everyone's clown i guess ...:popcorn:
See that’s where you’re wrong. Picking fruit for America would be highly important and to me, exciting. But I’m an old farm boy that misses the days of plowing and tilling and baking hay in 110 degree heat. To me, those were the glory days and worth every second

Mike you are anything but a clown to me.:thankyou::thumbsup:

I am on the northeast corner of Arkansas, whats up GT66
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with a guy there whom I bought 6 400 blocks and 4 727 transmissions off a little over a year ago. He's got more stuff I'm interested in shipping over here.

My thought was maybe I could have one of you "trustworthy" guys go over to his place to check the stuff out.

But that won't be necessary. We'll probably be doing a deal where I pay for a machine shop to check all the stuff and then buy only what I want.

I'm excited. I like doing stuff like this.

See that’s where you’re wrong. Picking fruit for America would be highly important and to me, exciting. But I’m an old farm boy that misses the days of plowing and tilling and baking hay in 110 degree heat. To me, those were the glory days and worth every second
Hey did that tree we got you bear fruit this year?

Also, you’re probably healthier and better of NOT having served in a lot of cases. Especially during those times. But regardless, it just wasn’t your destiny or path.

for me, it’s very odd looking back on my nearly 18 years in so far. I never intended or imagined staying for any more than 6 years. Then after I got out, I missed the environment more than I realized . So I came back in. And stayed. Almost got out at 14 years. 8 days before my contract was up, I signed the extension and then I kept signing. Now I’m looking at a possible medical retirement or just staying until my 20. Crazy right?

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with a guy there whom I bought 6 400 blocks and 4 727 transmissions off a little over a year ago. He's got more stuff I'm interested in shipping over here.

My thought was maybe I could have one of you "trustworthy" guys go over to his place to check the stuff out.

But that won't be necessary. We'll probably be doing a deal where I pay for a machine shop to check all the stuff and then buy only what I want.

You need to get some fellow guys together and get a container once a year like they do at Carlisle sometimes.

Good luck! Seriously, expect some very long shipping times. We just shipped a convex to Sweden. Took 11 weeks to get out of the East coast docks. Which is better than the 4-6 months it’s taking to get out of the west coast ports

You need to get some fellow guys together and get a container once a year like they do at Carlisle sometimes.
The way I've done it so far has worked very well only I've had a little bad luck on the stuff I've bought.

So far I've imported 2 440 blocks, 2 complete 383:s, 7 BB 727:s, 6 400 blocks, an A833OD and some little stuff on top. This in two shipments.

I've used Yellow Trucks in the US and a Swedish transatlantic shipping firm with offices in Newark and here in Gothenburg.

Good luck! Seriously, expect some very long shipping times. We just shipped a convex to Sweden. Took 11 weeks to get out of the East coast docks. Which is better than the 4-6 months it’s taking to get out of the west coast ports
Whoa. I guess I'd better contact the shipping firm. I need the pistons befor the end of February.

Well, "need" is a strong word, perhaps. The machinist can't start on my block untiul early March and they need the pistons to begin work.

Hey did that tree we got you bear fruit this year?
No, and
Unfortunately, a buck got thru my deer fence snapped it off this fall. Despite being anchored. But, i talked to the place that you all shipped it from, they said to leave the roots in, since it was snapped off about 18 inches high, they said there’s a good chance this spring it will regrow out

-
Back