Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So per Zman request here is SITREP as of tonight, we just got back to hotel. We are working 12 hour days on apartment construction. I did not think to get any pix today so I will tomorrow. I have one last panel to fabricate then all the framing is done. With exception of cat plate (top or sill plate) on top. I will run cat plate tomorrow to tie in all the walls ensuring all of them are plumb then I will remove all the kickers holding everything square and plumb.I fabricated some brackets out of left over steel from the building kit so We have all walls but one racked to red iron. This thing ain’t going anywhere. I used 2x6 under roof truss so I can encapsulate it with sheet rock. Hopefully tomorrow I will get started on hanging elec box’s and pulling romex. I am whipped. We bought another fifty 2x4s today so I will need to rob a bank at some point. Holy crap has lumber went up.Two years ago I could have built the same thing for 1/3 the cost.

Ram tough!
1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=spfU_93r8XEAX8-Dj4F&tn=vbJ8LH5gupjJ8i4V&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

So per Zman request here is SITREP as of tonight, we just got back to hotel. We are working 12 hour days on apartment construction. I did not think to get any pix today so I will tomorrow. I have one last panel to fabricate then all the framing is done. With exception of cat plate (top or sill plate) on top. I will run cat plate tomorrow to tie in all the walls ensuring all of them are plumb then I will remove all the kickers holding everything square and plumb.I fabricated some brackets out of left over steel from the building kit so We have all walls but one racked to red iron. This thing ain’t going anywhere. I used 2x6 under roof truss so I can encapsulate it with sheet rock. Hopefully tomorrow I will get started on hanging elec box’s and pulling romex. I am whipped. We bought another fifty 2x4s today so I will need to rob a bank at some point. Holy crap has lumber went up.Two years ago I could have built the same thing for 1/3 the cost.
Buy all the wood you can . It doesn't grow on tree's.

At breakfast today. Chin's daughter has a new boyfriend. He's from Hanoi. Kinda geeky, but I like him ok....
IMG_20220217_124106.jpg

Good Morning All! Looks like winter storm Miles is going to hit some of us in the coffee crew, glad it's not snowing here. Yesterday's microwave cut wasn't bad for my site but my foreman had his crash, needs a new brain lol! He'll be back working on it today with new flash, wish him luck. TGIT : )

Got a call from the rancher raising pigs/cattle, guess our hog was butchered yesterday. Time to look at the cut sheet and figure out the cuts we want. They do a really good job with the cured meats and sausage so my input to the wife is less roasts, bring on the bacon and sausage.

Nice Pic Mitch, I see you are in your normal "downstairs" spot. Whatcha eatin?
I like the Hu Tieu there. It's very good. Nice broth with noodles and beef, squeeze of lime and hot Viet chili peppers added. Peach Tea, then Cha Phe Da to follow. Nice scenery there also, most of the time. The Viet ladies usually dress very nice. Even when they just go to to market to buy food....

Morning All.

Up and moving. The wind has been pretty steady all night, but hey, 51°

Agree with that number, that is the exact temp that has finally sneaked into my forecast, not until end of Feb but I'll take it, tired of 30's 40's. (I know Frank lol)

I like the Hu Tieu there. It's very good. Nice broth with noodles and beef, squeeze of lime and hot Viet chili peppers added. Peach Tea, then Cha Phe Da to follow. Nice scenery there also, most of the time. The Viet ladies usually dress very nice. Even when they just go to to market to buy food....

Sounds a little like Pho, sounds good. Chin's got a nice dress on there, ya'll look sharp.

-
Back