Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning, Nice view Craig. can't see the big pile of trees you were talking about.
It does though on Goggle earth. It’s 30x 30 yards four to five feet tall. For whatever reason I can’t post the pic.

yup, thats how I did it this time. The first time I used only silicone on the china wall and a little rtv around the water ports. it worked fine, but there was a giant oil leak at the back of the manifold. I re did it two days ago with metal gaskets and the cork, but the manifold must be ever so slightly warped and it had the vacuum leak. This time I got the thickest fel-pros I could find with cork and allll black silicone. It is a stock 1971 340 TQ manifold
I do not put RTV around the water ports any longer. I use this..
https://www.autozone.com/sealants-g...seGzSavALLGbTh_19mEaAgYbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
6a1ae97d-3381-4211-b5d6-55c5604fe249._SR150,300_.jpg

I have found the silicon gets in the radiator and plugs the tubes..
AND the two pins should be removed, IMO. Keeps the manifold from seating, sometimes...

I ran out of RTV from the last time to I just used the silicone
I will not use any kind of silicone except Black RTV. Stuff is great...did you know silicon was designed to replace gaskets on GM vehicles? Lowered production costs. Yep no gaskets on some areas.

A car full of Irish nuns is sitting at a traffic light in downtown Dublin, when a bunch of rowdy drunks pull up alongside of them.
"Hey, show us yer tits, ya bloody penguins!" shouts one of the drunks.
Quite shocked, Mother Superior turns to Sister Mary Immaculata and says, "I don't think they know who we are; show them your cross."
Sister Mary Immaculata rolls down her window and shouts, "Piss off, ya fookin' little wankers, before I come over there and rip yer balls off!"
Sister Mary Immaculata then rolls up her window, looks back at Mother Superior, quite innocently, and asks, "Did that sound cross enough...............

Finally got all the snowflakes tucked away. Im out of space and 6” more this weekend.

@halifaxhops just saw the ad for adjustable prop valve. Gave me an awesome idea,i have adjustable hydraulic control valves. Think im going to splice one in. Can always undo it.

Afternoon, snow is just starting here. Replaced the front storm door, finished just as the snow started.

Last edited:
@halifaxhops just saw the ad for adjustable prop valve. Gave me an awesome idea,i have adjustable hydraulic control valves. Think im going to splice one in. Can always undo it.
I used that one until atempting to install the TTI shorty headers.
It was made by K-H and not exclusive to MP.

from the instructions but this chart can be found in a number of places. IIRC its in Fred Puhn's Brake Handbook.
upload_2022-2-16_19-23-17.png

Green line represents factory pressures
from here 1967 Chrysler Imperial Disc Brake System From the Master Technicians Service Conference Session 233

I used that one until atempting to install the TTI shorty headers.
It was made by K-H and not exclusive to MP.

from the instructions but this chart can be found in a number of places. IIRC its in Fred Puhn's Brake Handbook.
View attachment 1715871377

Green line represents factory pressures
from here 1967 Chrysler Imperial Disc Brake System From the Master Technicians Service Conference Session 233
I put a prop valve from a Newport, like a 69, and it works perfect in my Dart....Now, Took a while to get brakes solid....

Seems like the knee point was the same. 300 psi is the only pressure mentioned in that booklet.

-
Back