Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
hr.jpg

Time to retire. Taxes in OK are favorable compared to TX. Gonna spend half the year on the lake in OK and the other half on the beach in Mexico. If all goes according to plan...
Congratulations!

I just sold a later model seat belt assy one bay. 80 and 16 shipping. they took almost 14 in fees! Glad it was free to me.

Saturday and im out to a old customers shop im very close with to continue to fab my very simple very basic gantry crane
Im really done with P/T work, im less than a month away from the big 70 so I guess its do time.
I just quit my only other p/t job and its bothering me as I left under unhappy circumstances
Funny thing was the owner is a great guy but the mechanic who would tell me what needed repair is a controlling narcissist person, who has broken my balls for a year now and ive had just about enough of his ****.
While I listen to anyone and their ideas, take it into consideration and talk the strategy of how to go about any repair when a guy is wrong im not going along just to flatter his ego.
Monday was the last straw and it was about a job I must have done God only knows how many times the last 40 years. I tried to explain over and over the why's and the why nots.
When I asked for a 10 foot piece of heavy angle/ tubing/ pipe to use a spreader bar, I got a hard time
Again explaining why but still skepticism.
******* me out of work, keeping me home when I would have been happy with one day a week.
The problem is he is a immigrant who is smart and a good mechanic, also works 2 jobs.
He doses exactly what I did when I was his age, the difference is I did it 30 years longer than him
Other immigrants that dont have the experience he does, gravitate to him for advice and help.
When I worked as a journeyman welder/boilermaker/ mechanic in power generation and later on ship repair, I had a lot of heavy repair experience were we did it all.
I wasn't a superstar, I was just another competent journeyman who was serious about his job.
Another man's life depended on how good I did my job and I took the responsibility seriously.
I was a big fish in a ocean of other big fish. He is a big fish in a little pond. Added his ego and his personality he assumed to extend his attitude on me and it would never work
So here I am venting and frustrated
Either way its been a good run
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend

Yes they are. Just acumulated way to many they are all good also. This is the tip of the iceberg really.

Saturday and im out to a old customers shop im very close with to continue to fab my very simple very basic gantry crane
Im really done with P/T work, im less than a month away from the big 70 so I guess its do time.
I just quit my only other p/t job and its bothering me as I left under unhappy circumstances
Funny thing was the owner is a great guy but the mechanic who would tell me what needed repair is a controlling narcissist person, who has broken my balls for a year now and ive had just about enough of his ****.
While I listen to anyone and their ideas, take it into consideration and talk the strategy of how to go about any repair when a guy is wrong im not going along just to flatter his ego.
Monday was the last straw and it was about a job I must have done God only knows how many times the last 40 years. I tried to explain over and over the why's and the why nots.
When I asked for a 10 foot piece of heavy angle/ tubing/ pipe to use a spreader bar, I got a hard time
Again explaining why but still skepticism.
******* me out of work, keeping me home when I would have been happy with one day a week.
The problem is he is a immigrant who is smart and a good mechanic, also works 2 jobs.
He doses exactly what I did when I was his age, the difference is I did it 30 years longer than him
Other immigrants that dont have the experience he does, gravitate to him for advice and help.
When I worked as a journeyman welder/boilermaker/ mechanic in power generation and later on ship repair, I had a lot of heavy repair experience were we did it all.
I wasn't a superstar, I was just another competent journeyman who was serious about his job.
Another man's life depended on how good I did my job and I took the responsibility seriously.
I was a big fish in a ocean of other big fish. He is a big fish in a little pond. Added his ego and his personality he assumed to extend his attitude on me and it would never work
So here I am venting and frustrated
Either way its been a good run
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend
Some people just suck. Not worth the trouble to change him. Maybe if it was a full time gig but...I'm sure you will find other jobs, or they will find you. Someone always needs welding done. I would definitely give the owner my 'exit interview' so he realizes what happened and that his lead guy is a jerk. :soapbox:

Last edited:
You are kidding aren't you ! Sounds like a three day job to me :poke:
And to me that's not too long. :rolleyes:
In fact, since ladder or nothing else will be in the way might just work it a couple three hours a day and take my time.

-
Back