Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
At this point I do not think we are going to be able to make it. We are trying to stuff ten pounds in a five pound box. I have got a carbine class in Little Rock that week and then have to defend my State title with pistols the following weekend. And in between, we are trying to build a house and get moved back home to Ark. I am running out of weekends. There is just not enough of me to be everywhere I want to be at the same time. It will likely be a game time decision. At very best I would zoom in for a day and zoom out. Just not sure yet. It is a two day drive each way to Ark from here pulling trailer as it is just North of 1,000 miles each way.

I get it. Sometimes there just isn't enough of me to go around.

Chatting with my old flame on Messenger. She'd a dandy. Talking about gardens mostly.

Trying to eat a little more healthy. Kale salad with cranberries and grilled chicken.

20220523_194220.jpg

The daughter and her boyfriend got in last night around 8:30. So now we're out for breakfast and they need to do some police report paperwork for their visas

Trying to eat a little more healthy. Kale salad with cranberries and grilled chicken.

View attachment 1715932203
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I really believe it's the difference in the food that I eat here that makes me drop the weight. Even though I'm still working out lifting weights and doing calisthenics pretty much every day. I do feel much lighter on my feet and I feel stronger

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I really believe it's the difference in the food that I eat here that makes me drop the weight. Even though I'm still working out lifting weights and doing calisthenics pretty much every day. I do feel much lighter on my feet and I feel stronger
I think you are right on.

Mike, you should try this rice homemade whiskey they make here in Vietnam. Pretty dang strong. I'm assuming they make it the same way as the old hillbilly distillers made it. Any information on that?

Mike, you should try this rice homemade whiskey they make here in Vietnam. Pretty dang strong. I'm assuming they make it the same way as the old hillbilly distillers made it. Any information on that?
Anything that produces starch can be turned into alcohol. Sake?

Anything that produces starch can be turned into alcohol. Sake?
I guess it's a form of sake. They make it from rice here. But it's dark in the bottle. You can buy it just about at any restaurant also. They bring it to you in a water bottle. Goes to show you how much regulation there is here. I don't drink a lot of it because I would rather drink beer. But I might snatch a bottle of the dark stuff and bring it home to Carlisle

I guess it's a form of sake. They make it from rice here. But it's dark in the bottle. You can buy it just about at any restaurant also. They bring it to you in a water bottle. Goes to show you how much regulation there is here. I don't drink a lot of it because I would rather drink beer. But I might snatch a bottle of the dark stuff and bring it home to Carlisle
The brown stuff is matured in wood barrels like our whiskey and bourbon is. Sake is clear like vodka. No reason not to age it in some wood barrels. We use American White oak. They may use something different or age in a used barrel from somewhere around the world.

The brown stuff is matured in wood barrels like our whiskey and bourbon is. Sake is clear like vodka. No reason not to age it in some wood barrels. We use American White oak. They may use something different or age in a used barrel from somewhere around the world.
Well I'm going to bring a bottle of it home with me and bring it to Carlisle. So if you're in Carlisle you can check it out my friend.

Well I'm going to bring a bottle of it home with me and bring it to Carlisle. So if you're in Carlisle you can check it out my friend.
Carlisle is still up in the air. I would say probably not but you never know. I would like to try it.

Well, lots got done. My new office/man cave is turning out quite nice. Now i can move the metalworking stuff into shop. Lathe is a beast to move. Three point in tractor wont lift it. Shop crane on 3 point,then lift with the crane. Crude but effective.

-
Back