Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
For sure.
And probably more people want something to look perfect than those that love the accumulated marks, scars and changes that speak to the object's history.
I've had more than one person ask about replacing the tail molding on my '67 Barracuda's trunk. Nope. In 1966 or 67 Pheonix Town and Country put their name on it and so its not going anywhere. It's now a part of the car's history along with the Bola Tie Society of Arizona sticker in the side window.

Says the guy who replaced the car's entire drivetrain and suspension. LOL
I'm with you there. Our 100 year old house is full of old stuff. We like it. My 66 is the same. I will never paint it as long as I own it. I like the story it tells.

I just turned the TV off. I don't need to see sad stories about the shooting day after day.

I just turned the TV off. I don't need to see sad stories about the shooting day after day.
I hear ya. Pretty much never watch TV but sometimes will look through TV news on the internet to get local news the paper doesnt cover.
I do listen to BBC's news hour when I can.

Good Morning. Definitely Thursday here. Full shift tomorrow as well. But I do have a 3 day weekend coming, so all good. Of course that will be a busy one as long as my shower valve gets delivered tomorrow. Delivery date hasn’t changed, but still not showing as shipped…

Morning, I don't watch the news anymore. dogs and I had a good walk saw a couple of coyotes, dogs were not happy.

From the '**** fer timing' files:
My daughter is an Elementary music teacher. Someone decided to do an 'active shooter drill' yesterday.:BangHead: Not even the teachers knew if it was real or not...
She was filling in for a 5th grade teacher and they handled it well. Although she did find out one of her doors was not locked. They need to be key locked and they open them from inside with a magnet. . So she had no way to lock it and had to hold the door shut. :wtf:
The big problem was the 4th graders who were on their way outside for gym class -went into panic mode. Ran back in and tried to get into another classroom. Causing the kids in that class to also panic. I'm sure there will be some administration/parent meetings coming up...

Riding mower washed up. See what decides to fail next. Had a bent rim sitting outside the shop,screwed it to wall, now the garden hose has an official home…

It's Thirtyfour Thursday!
thirtyfourthursdayII.jpg

Good morning :D

That is why I chose to unplug from news a few years back. Everything about my health improved. I get my news from this thread! I will confess on occasion I am in the dark with regard to current events. And often times I do not understand this reference or that one. But overall it was super healthy and a great decision for me.

That is why I chose to unplug from news a few years back. Everything about my health improved. I get my news from this thread! I will confess on occasion I am in the dark with regard to current events. And often times I do not understand this reference or that one. But overall it was super healthy and a great decision for me.

I tend to keep my range of concern at about 300 meters :rolleyes:

Both cell phones the phone part doesn't work....
Good thing the 'land line' works and what I mainly use.
Looks like I'll going back to work this summer... I mean steady, although part time.

Yep, just out of pistol range but inside Carbine range! You wouldn’t happen to know Don Edwards would ya? I am training with him next month. We aren’t doing any NV just all carbine. He rocks NV.

Not directly... he was in a Reserve Group so I had limited interaction with those cats other than a couple of backfill teams on expeditionary missions.

Buddy Dennis just left. He brought over a couple bottles he had extra's of that I didn't have. The Makers FAE-01 is supposed to be a goodie. Of course we chatted for a hour or so and had a sample or two of ones I had that he hasn't tried. Got to love retirement!

20220526_104948.jpg

From the '**** fer timing' files:
My daughter is an Elementary music teacher. Someone decided to do an 'active shooter drill' yesterday.:BangHead: Not even the teachers knew if it was real or not...
She was filling in for a 5th grade teacher and they handled it well. Although she did find out one of her doors was not locked. They need to be key locked and they open them from inside with a magnet. . So she had no way to lock it and had to hold the door shut. :wtf:
The big problem was the 4th graders who were on their way outside for gym class -went into panic mode. Ran back in and tried to get into another classroom. Causing the kids in that class to also panic. I'm sure there will be some administration/parent meetings coming up...
You train first and drill second. Sounds like that didn't happen. :BangHead::BangHead::mob:

You train first and drill second. Sounds like that didn't happen. :BangHead::BangHead::mob:
I’m sure they trained, just not enough. I don’t think anyone got hurt. So, I’m sure they will consider it ‘a successful drill that uncovered issues’

-
Back