Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Only looking for 80 here. Think I will get out to the garage and work on my cabinet for the bathroom. I think I got the rest of what I needed for it yesterday. I do need to get at some yard work soon. Been keeping up with grass cutting with a little help from the wife, but shrubbery has gone nuts in the last few weeks - getting a bit shaggy.

We rode in Andy's new Jeep to a microbrewery a hour away for Father's Day. Dang, I didn't take pics of the food. Giant pretzel, Pretzel bites, Flatbread pizza, and chorizo nachos plus a few flites of their beers. It was a fun time.

20220619_173628.jpg

20220619_174716.jpg

20220619_174730.jpg

20220619_190902.jpg

20220131_152025.jpg

Last edited:
Morning fellers, supposed to be a warm one today. Got the dogs out early for their walk. May just hang in the AC today, but probably not, sure the wife has some things for me to do.

So the pcv valve out of the lebaron seem to have cured the squeal. Gained 1” of vacuum too.

Just checked into the hotel in Dalat. Hotel Du Parc. Was built by the French in the early 1900s. As one of the retreats for higher up military people. Great architecture. And the rooms are period correct. Even the windows have the old style turn lock handles on them. But thank God they open so I can smoke a cigar. Kkkkkkk

So, for the last several years, I have noticed when working in the garage - grinding, welding, etc - I am the most prone to migraines. I got one Friday and again yesterday. Both times welding on my boy's car. Got me thinking....could my auto darkening helmet (cheaper one I got my boy so he could help but it recharges the battery from the UV light from the arc vs watch batteries like my good one) not be reacting fast enough and it it the flashes that are causing them? random thought

So, for the last several years, I have noticed when working in the garage - grinding, welding, etc - I am the most prone to migraines. I got one Friday and again yesterday. Both times welding on my boy's car. Got me thinking....could my auto darkening helmet (cheaper one I got my boy so he could help but it recharges the battery from the UV light from the arc vs watch batteries like my good one) not be reacting fast enough and it it the flashes that are causing them? random thought
Or fumes.

That reaction time thing on the auto-shade hood is the reason I stuck with my old Huntsman with a #11 shade.

My old work mate got a welding bib/apron as a safety prize. After a few uses he determined it was too long and cut off about 6" from the bottom to suit him. I looked at that leather and looked at my hood
thinking-face.png
looked at the leather, found some tiny machine screws chopped a piece of leather off and screwed it to the chin section of my hood. Took another piece and put it on the top end :D. Jack looked at me and then my hood "Here. Do my hood now." :lol:

Last edited:
Got 4 new 13 by 13 pop ups shelters today. Should be enough with the 3 I already had.....lol

Thats what it is. Without a doubt. My cheap helmet did the same thing. Seems the sellstrom i bought works much better. And the aggrivation from the cheap headgear doesent help either.

Thats what it is. Without a doubt. My cheap helmet did the same thing. Seems the sellstrom i bought works much better. And the aggrivation from the cheap headgear doesent help either.

My "good" helmet is a Jackson Next Gen. Almost 20 years old, but has LCD screen with many adjustments for darkness, time delay on, brazing, etc. I am going to bring it home from work and see if it changes things.

Mowed some grass. Too hot. So what do i do? Stop and have a coffee. And a bottle of water. Rad fan to replace, glad i watched a video, will make it much easier than i thought. Then back over to buddy’s place to help him with his ‘50 chevy.

I did a little weeding, picked a few radishes, green onions, asparagus, and rhubarb. It's pretty toasty out there.

-
Back