Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I like a blood orange IPA. Latitude 33. And a mango Ale is nice as well.....
As a matter of fact I'm drinking a nice IPA now

20220619_184615.jpg

I have suffered from sunstroke and heatstroke a couple times. So this paranoia kicks in. Lots of water and grab shade whenever i can. It knocks a feller senseless. Being in a boat,fishing is a bad one. No escape from the heat. Or sun.
I drank over 1/2 a gallon of water between 11 and 2.
Last year, going to Carlisle, I was following Hoppy. Well, as you know his truck broke down with an oil leak. Well, it was very hot and humid, like is always is in July. Any ways, Ray had to crawl under that hot *** truck, with oil dripping n him, to try to find the leak. We gave up, and decided to put his truck on my empty car trailer to the show. Well when we get there, we have to unload everything. Rays been busting his *** getting ready for the show, and he was dragging. The heat was so bad, I thought Ray was going to pass out from sun stroke. For real..... We got the pop ups as quick as we could. At least some shade.....the elements really got to both of us.....no fun.....

So today I also provided Range Safety Officer duties for a very large youth shooting event. 106F up here as we speak. So I had seven kids drop from heat, two ambulance runs, and multiple kids yakking their guts up. It’s hot right? So I am watching little Johnny roll the curtains up and I explain to his very proud Mom we need to immediately get him off his feet and cooled off before he drops. She is arguing with me little Johnny is fine, I explain he most certainly is not and that the lights are on but no one is home. She is in a pride loop and will not deviate from explaining to me in louder and louder terms her son is fine. Then starts barraging him with are you ready to continue, are you ready for next round? Bring him water he is fine. The kid cannot hear anything at this point but likely the roaring in his ears. I explain again much more forcefully we have to get him off his feet. She looks at me like I am a moron as he sways and drops. My partner caught him. Arghh. Parental misplaced pride is dangerous in these conditions. Long day.
It just parents, seen a lot of people that didn’t want to see the warning signs.

Still hot as balls outside. Went to roll windows up in The Fargo.
Avalanche being black, i never went near it today. Think im calling it a day. Get an early cool start in the morning.

So today I also provided Range Safety Officer duties for a very large youth shooting event. 106F up here as we speak. So I had seven kids drop from heat, two ambulance runs, and multiple kids yakking their guts up. It’s hot right? So I am watching little Johnny roll the curtains up and I explain to his very proud Mom we need to immediately get him off his feet and cooled off before he drops. She is arguing with me little Johnny is fine, I explain he most certainly is not and that the lights are on but no one is home. She is in a pride loop and will not deviate from explaining to me in louder and louder terms her son is fine. Then starts barraging him with are you ready to continue, are you ready for next round? Bring him water he is fine. The kid cannot hear anything at this point but likely the roaring in his ears. I explain again much more forcefully we have to get him off his feet. She looks at me like I am a moron as he sways and drops. My partner caught him. Arghh. Parental misplaced pride is dangerous in these conditions. Long day.

we have a MASSIVE shortage of referees and umpires here in Indiana. I mean they’re paying 100-150 an HOUR and still can’t get people to do it. Number one reason, parents. There’s been a bunch of refs spit on, peed on, poop thrown at them, along with hard objects thrown at him. Even some attacked at their week day jobs for calls made during the game. The state had been very actively pursuing charges on the parents and fans doing it, but it doesn’t seem to be deterring much

Well you had something going for you, you married a beautiful women ....so there is that!!:thumbsup:
There is that. Now if I can only get her convinced that she is indeed beautiful, it’d be a victory.

somehow, she still puts up with me. And you wanna hear something totally shocking, she’s the one that talked ME out of parting out and selling the Dart and my other projects. That’s the most amazing part.

There is that. Now if I can only get her convinced that she is indeed beautiful, it’d be a victory.

somehow, she still puts up with me. And you wanna hear something totally shocking, she’s the one that talked ME out of parting out and selling the Dart and my other projects. That’s the most amazing part.
Some how the women in our lives know whats best for us, even when were not sure......

Last year, going to Carlisle, I was following Hoppy. Well, as you know his truck broke down with an oil leak. Well, it was very hot and humid, like is always is in July. Any ways, Ray had to crawl under that hot *** truck, with oil dripping n him, to try to find the leak. We gave up, and decided to put his truck on my empty car trailer to the show. Well when we get there, we have to unload everything. Rays been busting his *** getting ready for the show, and he was dragging. The heat was so bad, I thought Ray was going to pass out from sun stroke. For real..... We got the pop ups as quick as we could. At least some shade.....the elements really got to both of us.....no fun.....
I remember that, I got there after all that fun.

Just in case any of you wondered what the new ND Sr Gunfighter State Champion looks like! Hah. Not sure how, but I am State Champ again.

View attachment 1715944206
Congratulations, and seeing the older fellow shooting i see two arms and hands in great shape, about how old is our Champion?

That is spooky, always remember to remove shoes and socks, cool feet will help cool blood down, something tells me you know this already.
Thank you for sharing.

Sadly no alcohol for me this eve as I am pre loading with Gatorade and water for tomorrow. Gonna be more of the same.
Same here, went to a big event Saturday (King of the concrete) after two hot days on Pettit Jean Mt swap meet, no alcohol for me, two quarts of non sweet ice tea at the race track.

Ray is a tuff bird ! Wow, I forgot all about that.

Im going back to bed way to early.
Sorry MeMike, I replied to an add for I guy crying because he has to put prices on his stuff. I made him an offer. I did keep it clean . I did say the Cheeses steaks would be used.

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. Congrats Johns @Sublime one !! Heat is back today, mid 90's for today and tomorrow. Got a bunch of flooring welded in my boy's rat rod over the weekend. We did end up at the vintage drag races, not a big turnout, but had a great day with my boy and my girl.
'

Im going back to bed way to early.
Sorry MeMike, I replied to an add for I guy crying because he has to put prices on his stuff. I made him an offer. I did keep it clean . I did say the Cheeses steaks would be used.
Good morning, I know the thread you are talking about, he just thinks he is king anywhere he goes I bet :lol: most likely a problem child to get upset about our rules.

Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well. Congrats Johns @Sublime one !! Heat is back today, mid 90's for today and tomorrow. Got a bunch of flooring welded in my boy's rat rod over the weekend. We did end up at the vintage drag races, not a big turnout, but had a great day with my boy and my girl.
'
Same here, 90es today and tomorrow, 100es Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Like to see your rat rod build :thumbsup:

Monday morning to you...new day same story HOT!! 6:15pm softball game tonight it will be a warm one.
Congrats John @Sublime one on the cowboy title again!! :usflag:
Good thing it wasn't based on looks...:rofl:

-
Back