Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Crap on.jpg

Think I may have pissed off HR yesterday when I told them "I would return to my normal boat once I tested negative" they were going to send me back if I felt good after 5 days of Isolation, no test. They needed me for a Coast Guard inspection today, damn the consequences.

Went and picked up the 400/727. I think its fooked. Has a 4 bbl, but siezed up. Oil in motor but no distributor.
The 455 got hit with rain, as the sky opened up as i was about to unload it.

Finally got around to calling about the crack in my new shower wall. They are going to have a company called Bathtub Doctor fixit under warranty. They are sending them a repair kit and then will call me to schedule.:thumbsup:

Finally got around to calling about the crack in my new shower wall. They are going to have a company called Bathtub Doctor fixit under warranty. They are sending them a repair kit and then will call me to schedule.:thumbsup:
Common to have issues with new acrylic tubs and showers. That is why Bath tub doctor exists.......I had a chip in my tub.....

Common to have issues with new acrylic tubs and showers. That is why Bath tub doctor exists.......I had a chip in my tub.....
I’m sure they do a lot of warranty work. Although if you drop a car part while cleanin it, the cost might be on you… lol. Not sure what it covers going forward, but this thing has a 10 year warranty.

Alright. New radiator in, the Jeep, same problem. Overheats when not moving. Electric fan is pulling air, air is hot coming from the radiator.

For some reason, it appears to not be pulling the coolant back into the radiator from the overflow bottle, but it is opening and filling it completely until it drains out. New radiator cap as well. New thermostat. Water pump. Sensor. Etc. only thing I haven’t touched is the heat core, which I don’t think is the problem. As soon as it spikes, the AC kicks off, the heater turns on and it heats up QUICK. This also lets it drop the water temp quite a bit. No water in oil, no oil in coolant. Compression and leak down tests come back right down middle of the factory specs.

Flushed the block twice now. No change

Alright. New radiator in, the Jeep, same problem. Overheats when not moving. Electric fan is pulling air, air is hot coming from the radiator.

For some reason, it appears to not be pulling the coolant back into the radiator from the overflow bottle, but it is opening and filling it completely until it drains out. New radiator cap as well. New thermostat. Water pump. Sensor. Etc. only thing I haven’t touched is the heat core, which I don’t think is the problem. As soon as it spikes, the AC kicks off, the heater turns on and it heats up QUICK. This also lets it drop the water temp quite a bit. No water in oil, no oil in coolant. Compression and leak down tests come back right down middle of the factory specs.

Does it have the molded radiator hoses. Long ago in my Chevron days I saw a molded hose that had an internal crack without leaking externally. The coolant filled the space between the two plies of the hose and created a big rubber bubble inside that blocked 3/4 of the flow.

How hot is it getting?
Do you have a temperature lazer gun or something that will double as another temp gage ?

Does it have the molded radiator hoses. Long ago in my Chevron days I saw a molded hose that had an internal crack without leaking externally. The coolant filled the space between the two plies of the hose and created a big rubber bubble inside that blocked 3/4 of the flow.
Yes, factory OEM from the dealer just this week.

How hot is it getting?
Do you have a temperature lazer gun or something that will double as another temp gage ?
It hits 250 on the gauge easily. Then a few seconds later, it starts dumping coolant. Took a laser to it over the weekend when it did it, right at the sensor location, 248.

Normally, she hovers around 203-205 on the gauge, regardless of ambient temps

Well, evening fellers. Was out checking the lites on the DeSoto getting ready for a show this weekend. Had a turn signal bulb out went replace it and as I was putting it back together, I dropped the headlight lens. Spent the rest of the day looking for a new lens. Kinda feel sick to my stomach for dropping it.

Test for combustion gases in coolant. If its pusing coolant out and not drawing it back in, its pulling in air from somwhere else. Someone with an airlift tool could pull vacuum and you would see it wont hold. I can do both the chem test and vac test.

Well, evening fellers. Was out checking the lites on the DeSoto getting ready for a show this weekend. Had a turn signal bulb out went replace it and as I was putting it back together, I dropped the headlight lens. Spent the rest of the day looking for a new lens. Kinda feel sick to my stomach for dropping it.
That sucks.

Damn!

-
Back