Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey guys. I am considering a new pistol. CC permit. What is some advice?

55A455B4-7196-48C5-9426-3F7371333240.jpeg

I am reading along as well. I don't have a handgun and should have one for personal protection. I could have gotten one when I was on the tool truck. At any given time I had thousands of dollars in cash and checks.
I'll agree they are nice to have for a feeling of protection. I will say though if you do get one get what you feel comfortable with. Some people prefer a revolver to a semi-automatic. Both are good and will do the job. Keep in mind most encounters are three shots and done. Maybe that's changed John will know.
If you were to get a handgun, get the training to go with it and then go out and shoot on a regular basis...train like you'd fight is what I always say. Maybe even include the wife?? Most gun dealers know someone who teaches firearms training. You might even consider a CC license??
John was spot on Cheryl, and I look at guns in a different way than most people. We have a few.

Well here goes my long winded “instructors” response. First and foremost be very honest with yourself as to intended use and purpose of pistol. then a realistic assessment of how often you will actually carry it, on your body, stuffed under truck seat? Once you answer those questions you have your design parameters if you will. Folks like myself, Willie and Craig have worn a pistol every single day of our lives for so many years as part of our job it is simply no different to us than most folks putting on their shoes. As a result what we use may not suit you. From there I would consider how you like to dress, while that sounds silly the reality of carrying a firearm full time concealed will change your wardrobe. Do you intend to carry in appendix carry, inside waist band, outside waist band? Again this can have a impact on your selection. Once again as you establish the criteria your selection range narrows yet again. As already stated in previous responses a 9mm is likely the most prudent for you. Again making a educated guess knowing your stature (body shape) and geography where you reside you will likely end up with an IWB method. As a result I would look at a non full size framed pistol. Go to your nearest gun shop and fondle every pistol in the case, do your best to ignore sales guy trying to upsale you. My guess is a SIG or a Glock is where you will end up. Should you want a more detailed response do not hesitate to send me a pm or give me a call.

Love your instructor lens John. :thumbsup:

Training is huge. I still take classes and have done so even when local authorities don't require it based on my background.

I'll agree they are nice to have for a feeling of protection.

I'm with you. But also a bit concerned about those who in buying one, treat them like a talisman of protection rather than a tool which needs to be properly used.

I think for home defense Tim could and should go for a full size handgun that he's comfortable with. Love the idea of trying different ones out for feel. If the shop has rentals for the range, try a few out.

I spent 3 hours looking for that stupid part. Never found it. I was certain it was still under the car. Not there. I think i misplaced a box of parts.

Love your instructor lens John. :thumbsup:

Training is huge. I still take classes and have done so even when local authorities don't require it based on my background.
That is a straight up fact, we as instructors train all the time even if the training is redundant. Case in point I am scheduled to attend a red dot instructor class with Don Edwards (you likely know him) of Greenline Tactical. While I already hold a red dot instructor tab the tactics and methodology of red dot is an ever changing landscape due to the rapid advances in technology on the platform. In addition he has added Jon Jeu to his cadre of instructors, I have trained and sweated with Jon a time or two, he was one of the marksmanship coachs for US Marksmanship Team. In fact he is at the world sniper competition this week. Well…..and I do like sipping Bourbon with Don!

I spent 3 hours looking for that stupid part. Never found it. I was certain it was still under the car. Not there. I think i misplaced a box of parts.
Can't like that Frank. Verry frustrating
There's times I have the whole thing really organized and other times I don't.
One thing I try to do is only have one project going on at a time, and to stick with it. Otherwise its too easy to move stuff, put it on top of the other, or just forget where/what I was doing on the first project.

Can't like that Frank. Verry frustrating
There's times I have the whole thing really organized and other times I don't.
One thing I try to do is only have one project going on at a time, and to stick with it. Otherwise its too easy to move stuff, put it on top of the other, or just forget where/what I was doing on the first project.
I pulled motor/transmission out. Stowed it away then did the floor repairs,and painted underside of car. Then put it back in.i left the linkage out,was going to re install it when i got shifter sorted out. 8 months is a long time…

I think I'm becoming popular in my city. Every time I go to a cafe alone some woman between the ages of 27 and 37 wants to strike up a conversation with me. LOL KKKKKKKKK

All this discussion of CC and at the top of the page is an ad showing a fellow with what looks like a stainless 1911 on his hip :lol: We're being watched :rofl:

I think I'm becoming popular in my city. Every time I go to a cafe alone some woman between the ages of 27 and 37 wants to strike up a conversation with me. LOL KKKKKKKKK
Word is getting around. That tall handsome guy with the big **** :poke: :poke::poke::lol::lol:

Well here goes my long winded “instructors” response. First and foremost be very honest with yourself as to intended use and purpose of pistol. then a realistic assessment of how often you will actually carry it, on your body, stuffed under truck seat? Once you answer those questions you have your design parameters if you will. Folks like myself, Willie and Craig have worn a pistol every single day of our lives for so many years as part of our job it is simply no different to us than most folks putting on their shoes. As a result what we use may not suit you. From there I would consider how you like to dress, while that sounds silly the reality of carrying a firearm full time concealed will change your wardrobe. Do you intend to carry in appendix carry, inside waist band, outside waist band? Again this can have a impact on your selection. Once again as you establish the criteria your selection range narrows yet again. As already stated in previous responses a 9mm is likely the most prudent for you. Again making a educated guess knowing your stature (body shape) and geography where you reside you will likely end up with an IWB method. As a result I would look at a non full size framed pistol. Go to your nearest gun shop and fondle every pistol in the case, do your best to ignore sales guy trying to upsale you. My guess is a SIG or a Glock is where you will end up. Should you want a more detailed response do not hesitate to send me a pm or give me a call.
Carried a 1911 45 for 20 years and your right John ya get use to it and dress to conceal it and like putting on my socks in the morning it was with me all day.
Living in North Dakota I stopped wearing it only going 18 miles to work but had a shot gun at work and the boss had his pistol under his desk. I miss carrying my 45 as it was a part of me and think I'll take a fire arm refresher course and go practice at the local range.

Burnt and varnished a few boards tonight for the old party wagon and It's been slow going but trying to make some progress.

IMG_20221205_192312711.jpg

-
Back