Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
And most “mechanics” these days could diagnose anything without a computer
Things have gotten pretty complex. The old OBD1 started out without a scanner. Just jump the ALDL and count the service engine light flashes. I remember when we got our first OTC code reader. We thought it was hot stuff!

Well, at home now after the big party for the wedding. They always try but they can never outrink me. I think it's very funny

I have actually been writing crap down lately in Cursive so the kid cant read it!
My kids learned cursive. Not sure if either of them uses it. I always wonder if people don't know cursive, how do they even SIGN there name. Pretty sure mine sign cursive, need to find both kids signatures to check...

I had to make tickets for loads of concrete on trucks. Cursive was frowned upon :lol: Many times I would take a stack of blanks home with me the night before a big day and fill out tickets without the time and truck #. On a 1200 cubic yard day you're talkin' a whole buncha tickets to write at 8 or 10 yards per ticket :lol:

My kids learned cursive. Not sure if either of them uses it. I always wonder if people don't know cursive, how do they even SIGN there name. Pretty sure mine sign cursive, need to find both kids signatures to check...
They just use a X

Morning fellers, cold out this way and they say Frank cold this Thursday. I was out looking at bang bangs and ammo yesterday, dang that got spendy.

Well made it back home from teaching down in a Little Rock. I am mentally and physically exhausted. I think I will sip green tea and wear Jammie’s all day. My brain is mush. I had to do the Team critique this morning while yesterday event was fresh in my head. While our customer was absolutely thrilled with the event I saw five pages worth of observations on how we can do better. Our transitions were total crap and clock management is a thing! All in all the Team did well but I am a picky guy! Herding seven instructors and 37 students and ensuring all equipment ran just plain wore me out! Huge honking church, they have between 2,000-3,000 folks in a typical Sunday service. Range day is next, I am going to bust that up into three days and limit student count to a dozen. Lots of work there.

And most “mechanics” these days could diagnose anything without a computer
Didnt really need one today. Seemed map vacuum was really low,went and fetched one out if parts truck. Nope, same value. So no codes, not bad for a 200,000 Mile truck (330,000km’s). Ok, old school, what causes the symptoms? Bad cap. It was FULL of tracks. Stands to reason, as its a plow truck, right? Will grab a pic shortly.

Things have gotten pretty complex. The old OBD1 started out without a scanner. Just jump the ALDL and count the service engine light flashes. I remember when we got our first OTC code reader. We thought it was hot stuff!
I was at the chrysler dealer as this efi was just spooling up, the diagnostic computer was the size of a toolbox, had to roll it up to cars, just like a scope. And detailed repairs on the sbec itself.
Back the i was thinking how great this was going to become. I have seriously lost interest in the computer controlled cars as of late. They are all diagnostic nightmares.

Having a coffee, waiting for plow to cool off,or snow will stick to it. Then it wont slide off the blade.

Heres the photo of the lightning whirler. Its a mess.

E7EEAB83-7B20-494E-9391-4A48C00D49B2.jpeg

That don’t look so good Frank!
I spent 2 hours plowing and it is performing as good as it was last year. Im happy it wasnt major. And fixing the gas leak is going to help with the fuel acreage. Think it burns about 2 gallons an acre now.

Hi everyone. Got Christmas shopping done yesterday. Places were zoos, but manageable. Lazy day with movies and naps today. Below zero temps this week. Yuck

Well made it back home from teaching down in a Little Rock. I am mentally and physically exhausted. I think I will sip green tea and wear Jammie’s all day. My brain is mush. I had to do the Team critique this morning while yesterday event was fresh in my head. While our customer was absolutely thrilled with the event I saw five pages worth of observations on how we can do better. Our transitions were total crap and clock management is a thing! All in all the Team did well but I am a picky guy! Herding seven instructors and 37 students and ensuring all equipment ran just plain wore me out! Huge honking church, they have between 2,000-3,000 folks in a typical Sunday service. Range day is next, I am going to bust that up into three days and limit student count to a dozen. Lots of work there.
You're a real pro John.
:thumbsup:

-
Back