Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Seems like a business opportunity...

Empty lot... construction site temporary fencing... 3 or 4 generator light sets... trained, armed security.

Jump the site for each layover..
Hmmm yeah

I tried sleeping in mine at MITP a few years back. No thanks.
Me n Bill went to a off-road race in Jean Nevada, I think it was Thanksgiving weekend. Got there the night before, had my pickup loaded with spare parts, tires quick jacks, tools, all sorts of fun stuff and had the camper shell on it but without the back door so the quick jacks would fit. Bill says "I'll sleep in the back" and we scooted stuff around for the sleeping bag, I slept in the cab. Sometime during the night an unseasonable rainstorm moved in and of course some of that rain found it's way into the back of the truck :rolleyes: and Bill got wet feet :lol:. Did the racing next day and headed home. I 15 goes through an area called Baker Grade, a lovely 20 miles of desert road that climbs from 900' elevation to 4200'. It's very popular with automakers for testing automobile cooling systems :lol:. The Vegas side is very similar. We hit a rain shower that was the worst I have ever seen. I had to find a wide spot and pull off because we could not see beyond the end of the hood.
It never rains in the desert, riiight :rolleyes:. The next summer we did a race right outside of town, a night race. "I'm not sleepin' in the back of that truck again!" says Bill and he takes the cab. Next morning I get up and start the coffee on the camp stove, Bill rolls out of the cab all slumped over and in pain :lol: "How did you sleep in there at that other race? I can barely move." :rofl: One more thing, after the summit we're heading down the hill "Hey! We gotta stop and see this! There is a flash flood in the sand wash next to us and it's going faster than we are!" I was drivin' freeway speed :eek::lol:

Getting to go at prohibition a very local bar.

20230101_160801.jpg

Me n Bill went to a off-road race in Jean Nevada, I think it was Thanksgiving weekend. Got there the night before, had my pickup loaded with spare parts, tires quick jacks, tools, all sorts of fun stuff and had the camper shell on it but without the back door so the quick jacks would fit. Bill says "I'll sleep in the back" and we scooted stuff around for the sleeping bag, I slept in the cab. Sometime during the night an unseasonable rainstorm moved in and of course some of that rain found it's way into the back of the truck :rolleyes: and Bill got wet feet :lol:. Did the racing next day and headed home. I 15 goes through an area called Baker Grade, a lovely 20 miles of desert road that climbs from 900' elevation to 4200'. It's very popular with automakers for testing automobile cooling systems :lol:. The Vegas side is very similar. We hit a rain shower that was the worst I have ever seen. I had to find a wide spot and pull off because we could not see beyond the end of the hood.
It never rains in the desert, riiight :rolleyes:. The next summer we did a race right outside of town, a night race. "I'm not sleepin' in the back of that truck again!" says Bill and he takes the cab. Next morning I get up and start the coffee on the camp stove, Bill rolls out of the cab all slumped over and in pain :lol: "How did you sleep in there at that other race? I can barely move." :rofl: One more thing, after the summit we're heading down the hill "Hey! We gotta stop and see this! There is a flash flood in the sand wash next to us and it's going faster than we are!" I was drivin' freeway speed :eek::lol:
Sounds like ya had some fun I'd enjoy that.

Did ya ever see the movie Erin Brocovich? I went to elementary school about 10 miles from the source of that incident and lived downstream of it for 20sumthin years. The Mojave is a funny place, looks dry on top, but underneath the water table is pretty expansive.

There's a town near here called Crestwood that had a similar situation with contaminated well water...

Huge lawsuit...

Yea they make some good round up but you have to get it from the same place a farmer gets his chemicals.
I just go to my farmer buddy and he gives me what i need. Hes got some nasty stuff. Like stuff im afraid to touch

Sounds like ya had some fun I'd enjoy that.
Bill and I were racing the Baja Bug I used to drive at the winter/daytime race in Barstow, I drove, Bill was my co-pilot. Same class as this one

gregneddy.jpg
The whole class had to be painted white because white paint was cheaper :lol: . Car ran great, even after clobbering a big rock I warned Bill about, too dusty to pick it out. We heard a big CLANG but nothing happened. We pulled into our pit shortly after to get it checked. That rock bent the edge of the rim so far they could not get the lug wrench on one of the bolts :lol:

-
Back